Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 17:09   #106
SDK
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
A basic query - so will this introductory pricing be applicable to another variant if I change my mind before 15th August? Seems obvious that it will be, but just want to be sure before meddling with the cart.
Thanks in advance
Yes you are free to change the variant/colour till 15th August. Whatever is selected at the end of 15th August will be taken as your final selection.
Old 2nd August 2022, 17:42   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Viola! Got the introductory pricing updated on my booking. I did send a stinker e-mail to M&M customer care, I am not sure if that helped or not.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2022, 17:42   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeringWheel View Post
We did three bookings in our circle.

1. Did it myself. No price protection. Proceeded with booking first second the button appeared, faced gateway error, completed the booking around 11:15AM.

2. Dealer. No price protection. This is for a friend. Booking message came at 11:10. Dealer could not secure prove protection.

3. Dealer. No price protection. Same dealer for another friend. Message came after 11:10 and there was no price protection.
The booking I did myself(it is a Z4DAT) is updated and I now see "Introductory Pricing". As they said, Mahindra must have considered the time stamp and updated the bookings of customers. Good move by Mahindra.

Unfortunately, the two bookings done by dealer(Z4DAT & Z8DAT 4WD) for my friends are not updated. Hope they too get the introductory pricing.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:00   #109
BHPian

I sure am glad to see the way things have turned out. Congratulations to everyone who got their prices reverted to introductory pricing.

The might of social media in highlighting and pursuing this issue and also the will of those in charge of decision-making at Mahindra and Mahindra in rectifying it has to be applauded.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:17   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

What I find strange is that across the 20-30 posts in the last several hours in this forum, no one has reported that they did not get the introductory price based on the new updated status as of today on the booking portal.

By M&M's own stats, for every one customer who got the introductory price, there should be three more who did not! Can anyone post here if they booked on the 30th, but are not getting the introductory pricing, even after checking the updated status of their booking on the portal today?

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 2nd August 2022 at 18:28.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:31   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Can anyone post here is they booked on the 30th but are not get the introductory pricing, even after checking the updated status of their booking on the portal today?
While I was trying on my own, I also paid booking amount to a dealer and got an SMS at 11:06 AM on 30th June about booking.

I got the introductory pricing applied for booking attempted on my own (started at 11AM) and the dealer booking continues to be at the same status - pricing at delivery.

So, all genuine attempts to book individually at 11AM are getting the benefit.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone post here if they booked on the 30th, but are not getting the introductory pricing, even after checking the updated status of their booking on the portal today?
I had booked on the 30th at 11 am and the current status has been updated to 'introductory pricing' like for most others here. There was also an additional booking done with my name by the Mahindra dealer without my knowledge (had given my dad's number during the test drive) for which I received an SMS at 11.12 am. This booking still has the current status as 'price applicable at the time of delivery'. I think Mahindra has updated pricing only for all direct customer bookings done at 11.00 am after the online backlash and not for bookings from the dealers.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:56   #113
BHPian

Had booked online on 30 th July and the booking reflected that the price would be the one applicable at delivery.
Checked the status today and it has been changed to the introductory price.
Old 2nd August 2022, 18:58   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone post here if they booked on the 30th, but are not getting the introductory pricing, even after checking the updated status of their booking on the portal today?
I uploaded a YouTube video on my channel telling the booking experience and the update in cart. A couple of people there in the comments claimed to click at 11 am and book by 11:20. Yet their booking wasn’t updated.

They didn’t seem very happy at my video or the other positive comments hence I can’t share the screenshot.
kushgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:19   #115
BHPian

When I think of such kind of approach, I dont feel so happy because it feels like a gimmick, that folks who book in the first one minute or two, get an unfair advantage over those who for whatever reasons could book after those initial 2 minutes.

Further more, even among those who were able to grab the first 25k slots, how many would drop out for various reasons?

Have we noticed such a practice being followed by other companies in India or in other countries for selling cars?

It is commonly said that the marketers use the human weaknesses of greed and/or fear to influence people to make buying decisions. This example appears to be exploiting both weaknesses aptly.

But, the flip side is the risk reward equation, that the early adopters are getting the rewards of a lower cost by participation in the beta testing equivalent program. The late adopters should be thankful to the early adopters for their contribution.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 2nd August 2022 at 19:30.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:29   #116
BHPian

@84.monsoon - If you don't mind, through which dealer you have booked in chennai?
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:40   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
I uploaded a YouTube video on my channel telling the booking experience and the update in cart. A couple of people there in the comments claimed to click at 11 am and book by 11:20. Yet their booking wasn’t updated.

They didn’t seem very happy at my video or the other positive comments hence I can’t share the screenshot.
It really seems what M&M counted as 25000 bookings gone in 60 seconds is the clicks on book now button or lets say token passed on to gateway. Otherwise there is no sense that everyone clicking at 11AM+ few seconds would be converted to introductory price.

Those claiming on video might be delayed by few seconds / slower network connection may be the one to be blamed. All in all M&M has done corrective action in time without any delay and taken the leverage of technology at the right time.

Admin: can we change the poll response now?

Last edited by rooster.ram : 2nd August 2022 at 19:57.
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:41   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Yes you are free to change the variant/colour till 15th August. Whatever is selected at the end of 15th August will be taken as your final selection.
Can we change the dealer as well?
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:48   #119
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Can we change the dealer as well?
There is no option to change the dealer. Its only allowing variant/colour changes.
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:07   #120
BHPian

I believe the Price for everyone has changed to INTRODUCTORY PRICE.

As a matter of fact if u added to cart and even now if you book it is showing that introductory price applicable.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-acbab6fade984935816a90f7a69dd660.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-0616c8b444674902b0fbf09755b0faec.jpeg  

FidoDido is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks