Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.26%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.22%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.31%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.43%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.01%
Other please describe in comment 43 20.77%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2023, 17:54   #1216
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

I have a Z8 D AT 4WD booking at introductory price. After moving my dates twice, the latest round of tracking shows delivery date window as "23 Mar 2023 - 22 April 2023. I checked with the relationship manager at my chosen dealership. He did not have any update. I shot an email to Mahindra's customer care asking how are they going to deliver the car in the next three days when it's not even produced/billed to the dealer. They directed me to dealership again for the update with the message "Meanwhile, please bear with us". I guess 9 months and waiting is not enough for us to bear with them.

One of my close family members has already canceled his Z6 D AT (booked at introductory price) after waiting for 8+ months.

Meanwhile, I have been offered Z8L D AT 4WD for ready delivery by the dealer (in same color as per my original booking). So In case anyone is interested in immediate delivery and can cough up extra 5 lacs can head to Mumbai dealers.
Old 19th April 2023, 20:44   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post

Meanwhile, I have been offered Z8L D AT 4WD for ready delivery by the dealer (in same color as per my original booking). So In case anyone is interested in immediate delivery and can cough up extra 5 lacs can head to Mumbai dealers.
If a Z6/Z8 guy is forced to move to a Z8L then a Tata Safari would be a better buy in that case.

The whole point of people sticking with Mahindra is that the introductory prices were VFM but Mahindra has made it a painful wait.

Those needing the car immediately are at max pain. People like me who can wait are less frustrated.
Old 20th April 2023, 14:18   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
If a Z6/Z8 guy is forced to move to a Z8L then a Tata Safari would be a better buy in that case.
Well if someone is looking at 4WD in the price range of Scorpio-N, there aren't any options. For regular joe who is looking for a 7 seater, there are much better designed (and cheaper) options available in the market in addition to Safari. Considering capacity bottlenecks (evident from consistent monthly dealer dispatches) and backlog of bookings, It will be a long wait for majority of us.
Old 20th April 2023, 16:07   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Well if someone is looking at 4WD in the price range of Scorpio-N, there aren't any options. For regular joe who is looking for a 7 seater, there are much better designed (and cheaper) options available in the market in addition to Safari. Considering capacity bottlenecks (evident from consistent monthly dealer dispatches) and backlog of bookings, It will be a long wait for majority of us.
As a dedicated 7 seater people mover both 7OO and Scorpio are not the best fit - it is intentional because that is not their target market, it belongs to Innova \ Ertiga\ Carens etc.

If you are looking for a 5+2 - the search ends in M&M showroom, once you spend some time behind the wheel of a Scorpio or XUV, its hard to settle for something else, sure there is a wait time but that is better than living with any other alternative vehicle for the next 7-8 years or so. Think about it.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 20:03   #1220
BHPian

Just FYI for all, looks like the tracking option is back again. I was able to check the dates which didn't change for me. Hope it's the same for others too.
Old 22nd April 2023, 06:00   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrida View Post
Booked Z6 Diesel AT as soon as the booking opened. Tracker indicates April 30 - May 15 delivery.

Quick question: I will be taking the car on company lease. Does anyone know the process to get BH registration number when buying the car on lease? I am based out of Hyderabad.

PS: My first post on the forum and it will be my first car
Welcome to the forum

As far as I know, when taken on Company lease, the car is registered in your name. I'm assuming you qualify for a BH registration i.e offices of your employer in more than 4 cities. The grapevine has it that only Maharashtra is allowing BH registrations, Karnataka is in grey area so also the other southern states

I'm also in the same boat, dealer is saying get the vehicle registered under BH in Maharashtra!

I have seen a few MNC Employee owned BH vehicles registered in Karnataka, planning to take temporary registration and trying my hand at BH. It seems you can now run on temporary plates for 6 months

Urging other knowledgeable forum members to comment please
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 08:32   #1222
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
Dealership will hold the car for about 2 weeks once it arrives in their yard. You'll have to convey your decision and arrange finance within this time. After that it will be transferred to the next person in the waitlist at the dealership or may become a free stock. You'll also loose the price protection and your booking will be shifted to the last spot in the queue.
Thanks @StarVector.
You were right. I called the showroom and asked if they can push the delivery by 2 months. They said not possible.
One of TBHP members was ready to get it through me (I buying and transwerring ownership), but he wanted black color. Mine is White color booking. So dropped that idea.

Saw many Scorpio's on road. It didn't make me feel like turning back and looking at it again like I do for Gurkha or Gypsy. Didn't feel that I would miss it if I cancel the booking. Finally, yesterday night I Cancelled my booking. Got a message that 10% of booking amount will be cut. Even If I went ahead and purchased, I would have saved around 1 lac as the price has increased by 1.3 lacs since last Aug which would mean around 30k additinal road tax.

Also, delivery dates were not updated in mahindra website for me. It had just 'introductory price' mentioned and option to cancel.

Cheers
HTC
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:21   #1223

The delivery for my price protected Z8 D 4x4 still shows up as 28th June to 28th July. I got a call from my dealership that my car is enroute, and should reach their yards in five six days. They game me the engine and chassis number of the vehicle arriving in my name.
I cross checked it with Mahindra Customer Care, and they confirmed that the vehicle with the quoted chassis number is arriving in my name.
Wanted to let others know if they were facing a similar situation.
ayushagnihotri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 20:35   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Now the usual haggles with the dealership starts.
- Tackling advance payment, abnormal insurance quotes, insistence on PDI, pruning the accessories list etc

Any tips would be useful? TIA
:-)
So finally completed by PDI today.

Held my ground with respect to advance payment and compulsory insurance/accessories.

The dealer was fine for me to source insurance and allowed me to choose accessories on my own as against a bundled offer. Just made sure that I put my requirement in the customer care email.

Have a approx quote of 68k from ICICI Lombard.

Planning to take delivery in the coming week.

Cheers
Krinpit
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 18:37   #1225

Dealing with Mahindra dealers has become a pain. They push insurance, non-essential accessories at exorbitant prices (even when prices are given on m2all) and extended warranty. However, when it comes to essential accessories like reverse parking cameras and fog lamps, they are helpless and don't even have an estimated date for their availability. I paid for the 2-year extended warranty at the time of delivery, but the dealership claims that the warranty would be activated after 2-3 months. Can someone please confirm if this is true? I suspect that they take money from us but purchase the warranty after some time. Otherwise, why would it take 2-3 months if the payment has been made in full for a new car?
Old 24th April 2023, 11:15   #1226
BHPian

anyone facing issue loging in to their mahindra account ?
since today morning when trying to login using my mobile number i am getting message "we did not find an account for the given number"
Old 24th April 2023, 11:39   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
anyone facing issue loging in to their mahindra account ?
since today morning when trying to login using my mobile number i am getting message "we did not find an account for the given number"
Yes same message for me too. Apparently it is appearing for all (from an unofficial whatsapp group)!!!
Old 24th April 2023, 13:36   #1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Yes same message for me too. Apparently it is appearing for all (from an unofficial whatsapp group)!!!
I had an issue in the morning but I was able to login now. Tracking remains the same. FYI I had been to my dealer yesterday and he claimed that not a single Z8 has been delivered in Mumbai till date. This is really shocking.
mandar_saraf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 14:13   #1229
BHPian

I live in Thane, my dealer executive tells me that they have started getting allocation for Z8 bookings, I don't know if they deliverd any. They have officially communicated saying my customer promise date is 14 May, allocation from mnm is still pending. Lets see.

Most of the Z8 delivered across India are either Black or White. Mine is a Deep Forest, so I am sceptical if they can meet this date. All in all, Mahindra production/ delivery planning department is working in most weird mode and customers are clueless.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 24th April 2023 at 14:14.
Old 24th April 2023, 14:19   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandar_saraf View Post
I had an issue in the morning but I was able to login now. Tracking remains the same. FYI I had been to my dealer yesterday and he claimed that not a single Z8 has been delivered in Mumbai till date. This is really shocking.
Yes, Tracking now back again, no changes in date.

Spoke to my showroom guys, they have got 2 Z8, started with the process, takes 7-8 working days to deliver post complete payment.
Said will be receiving few more vehicles this week.

Most Viewed