Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2023, 12:18   #1291
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
B.T.W i have almost the same story as yours, my add to cart was just 1 day before i joined my current company, its almost 10.5 months now waiting for the vehicle.
My dad jokes, even a baby is delivered in 9months only god knows what M&M is doing.
Just make sure that all your conversations with the dealer are marked to customer care or vice versa. There could be delays, but it will be worth the wait.

Get ready for a exhilarating experience.
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 11:56   #1292
BHPian

So my vehicle has finally reached the dealerships yard on the outskirts of the city, when asked for a PDI dealer is asking to pay full ex-showroom price to get the car to the showroom for PDI, they don't allow PDI at the yard.

I said will pay 3-4 lac as initial amount, you get the car at showroom, let me inspect and i will make full payment immediately.

He is yet to come back to me.

Any suggestions how to proceede ?
Old 6th June 2023, 12:45   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
So my vehicle has finally reached the dealerships yard on the outskirts of the city, when asked for a PDI dealer is asking to pay full ex-showroom price to get the car to the showroom for PDI, they don't allow PDI at the yard.
Which dealer is being referred here?
Old 6th June 2023, 12:48   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Which dealer is being referred here?
NBS Mahindra, kandivali
Old 6th June 2023, 17:37   #1295
BHPian

Quote:

I said will pay 3-4 lac as initial amount, you get the car at showroom, let me inspect and i will make full payment immediately.

In Bangalore, my dealer SA was also talking on same lines. I made it clear that unless I get the PDI done, I will not pay anything. I messaged the manager also about the same.

They came back saying car PDI can be done at showroom and I will not be allowed to drive the car. Also, to and fro will put 16 km on the odometer.

I agreed and did the PDI at the showroom. The car had only 24 kms on it so there was nothing to worry.

You also stick to your stance.
Nightmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 18:24   #1296
BHPian

As of today, Few units of automatic petrol and diesel Scorpio-N are readily available at Mega Mahindra Automobiles, Bharuch, Gujarat. I got confirmation for Z8 (both petrol and diesel automatics), not sure about other variants. Waiting time for Manual ranges from 15 to 52 weeks depending on Variant.

For more info, You may contact Lukman (Bharuch Mega Mahindra) - 8866936692.
Old 12th June 2023, 23:22   #1297
BHPian

My introductory price protected booking had initial date of Mar-Apr’23 which later got extended to Jun-Jul’23.

June started and called up customer care to understand delivery timelines to which they had no clue.

I was irritated with Mahindra’s taken for granted approach for all non Z8L bookings.

With heavy heart I cancelled my booking. Just couldn’t dare to spend my hard earned two million rupees on a company that fails to plan production and provide accurate timelines for delivery inspite of fact that their another group company IT major claims to help their customers streamlines production and boost business predictability and outcomes.

Out from the hype! Good bye big daddy! You may knock another door!
geekyengineer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 02:40   #1298
BHPian

Quote:

As already mentioned by Nightmare , do not pay anything till you complete PDI ,stick to your stand and dealer will come around. My experience in Bangalore was pretty bad even after the PDI , the dealer managed to put 2 minor dents on the door and quarter panel- we noticed it at the time of delivery. So yeah please take pictures videos , follow the PDI checklist from Team BHP( I was actually carrying the print out and was checking every point on it like a nerd).
NerDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 18:54   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Being a Happy Mhawk SLE owner since 2010, was excited at the Scorpio N’s release, it was a no brainer upgrade, so booked a Z8 4WD AT last year. Waiting period was a Turn off and then so was dealership’s attitude. We ended up cancelling it, also price of 30~ish L on road for a Scorpio seemed a bit over the top since we paid 9L for ours in 2010

ScorpioN 4WD booking transformed into these two, ended up spending more than N but it was worth it, Bought the Taigun GT in January and Jimny earlier this week, one for the highways and one for the Mountains
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-img_9611.jpeg  

akshay4587 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 21:18   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

ScorpioN 4WD booking transformed into these two ended up spending more than N but it was worth it, Bought the Taigun GT in January and Jimny earlier this week, one for the highways and one for the Mountains
Wonderful cars both of these. And congratulations on the Jimny. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on shifting from Diesel torque monsters to a nimble (future) mountain goat.

By the way, which dealership of Mahindra had you booked with?
Old 14th June 2023, 21:55   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralto View Post
Wonderful cars both of these. And congratulations on the Jimny. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on shifting from Diesel torque monsters to a nimble (future) mountain goat.

By the way, which dealership of Mahindra had you booked with?
KBS Mahindra Ambala.
Still have Scorpio Mhawk and Thar Crde to enjoy diesel torque.
Old 18th June 2023, 13:08   #1302
BHPian

With no further confusion( thanks to even further delayed CPD ), went ahead with cancellation after waiting for 9 months.

What is purpose of Customer promise date(CPD) when the manufacturer can simply postpone dates at their convenience?

While I do not want to make any further comments on production planning for M&M, I only didn't understand the point of 10% cancellation amount deduction. Neither are you giving me the vehicle nor my full booking amount back.

Fortunately, since the booking was under my leasing company name, they were able to help taking this case up as an exception with the dealership and get me back my full booking amount with no deductions.

Very glad with my big recent purchase. It was about time and i have no regrets.
Old 21st June 2023, 20:27   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
The curious case of Scorpio-N deliveries

Who is at fault?
  • How difficult was it for Mahindra to compute the delivery dates when they had the exact idea of variants/colours?
  • If they calculated it right, why couldn’t they fulfil the orders?
  • Did they prioritise the cash cow variant Z8? Is it ethical? I have absolutely no problem with this but then why Z4 buyers are being communicated false delivery dates?
  • Can we blame the government’s environmental norms BS6.2 for production impact? Does this mean government introduced BS6.2 overnight and Mahindra had no idea about this
  • Dealers are using cancelled bookings to book the profits rather than passing on that benefit to the next customer in the line.

Are there any legal options available for me for these repeated false delivery dates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
What is purpose of Customer promise date(CPD) when the manufacturer can simply postpone dates at their convenience?
+1, that's exactly my point.

UPDATE ON MY SCORPIO-N Delivery

The National Consumer Helpline's investigation on the complaint against Mahindra Automotive sped up the procedure overall.

Mahindra offered me a ready-to-deliver vehicle in Deep Forest after I had filed my complaint for a week, and they pushed me hard to accept it so they could end the situation, but I declined.

After my refusal, my Everest White colour Scorpio-N that had been waiting for manufacture for the previous six months abruptly enters production in the next seven days, and in another 5 days it is shipped to the dealer.

I just received my Everest White D MT Scorpio-N today. While I was pleased with the dealership (CI Motors, Bhopal), I am still upset in Mahindra for repeatedly making false promises to customers.

I believe that I would still be waiting for the vehicle to arrive in production if I hadn't chosen the legal route.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20230621-19.01.29.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-whatsapp-image-20230621-10.40.13.jpeg  

dicor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 12:13   #1304
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-period-428541

The Mahindra website booking status does not reflect any such reduction in delivery date as per this article.

I had booked a Z2 Scorpio in September 2022, this model shows a wait period in the article as 7-8 months hence as per this timeline I should have got delivery this month. Instead the order status is showing another 8 months from today with a delivery date of Feb 2023!

Mahindra need to pull up their sock and deliver cars rather than do bogus PR stunts to get new bookings.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 16:07   #1305

Finally got the vehicle made available, a Z8 D Manual 4 by 4 (Napoli black). The dealer seems to have arranged it from Surat. Got the PDI done and then the initial payment (no scratches or dents, just due to the monsoons lot of raindrop accumulated with dust).

One thing, good or bad I don't know, my vehicles meter shows 420 meters and 0 kms. I asked the SA how come this is zero, ideally it should be somewhat like 10-25 kms and certainly under 50kms. He said the vehicle was picked up and delivered to Surat and then from there again brought back to Pune for my delivery. Nevertheless, engine bay looked clean and good, no issues on body so went ahead with the payment. Delivery will be on 6th Jul. Will keep posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks