Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 16:41   #751
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Sir,
Correct me if I am wrong, If the dealer is registering the vehicle at RTO, we don't have to collect form 20, form 21 and form 22 ?

Thanks.
The dealer normally doesn't register the vehicle at RTO. They only get the Temporary number for the vehicle. Anyone registering with RTO needs these forms.
Old 30th September 2022, 18:41   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
The cost per sqft for STEK is Rs 650. The exact cost I will come to know only once I give it. No one has done for ScorpioN yet. So not able to commit to the exact price. I am expecting it to be around 2 to 2.2L for the whole car.

They also have one that comes with 10 years warranty but that is around 900 or 950 bucks per sqft

I will get it done after my travel (that ends on 5th).
Did you enquire about the Garware PPF ? I got a quote of 500 per sqft from Brotomotiv in Pune. It comes with 5 yr warranty and i got a quote of about 1.2 lacs plus GST. They did a Safari recently with the same film for 85k plus GST, the top was wrapped in black. 2 lacs seems to be a bit too high.

I have also kept option open for buying it from Nikhil (Nick Zeek). He quoted me 38k for full role of 15 mtrs which is more than enough for a whole car. Detailers keep the extra role and typically use the same film when we claim warranty. These are Korean films with 5 yr warranty. Garware is manufactured in Aurangabad in Maharashtra.

Last edited by rahulya007 : 30th September 2022 at 18:42. Reason: Spell check
rahulya007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 01:02   #753
BHPian

Quote:
I did watch this video and also got in touch with the guy. He is Nick Zeek (Nikhil) and he is a YouTuber and car detailer. He is a businessman dealing with all these. He imports these films from Korea and then gets customers through his videos (Has close to 23K followers on his channel)
I didn't get a chance to review the channel or to contact him however, I did som due diligence to find if we can really buy these rolls. Indiabulls and a friend of friend who do wrapping (yet to speak with him) gave me confidence.

My delivery is due in Nov-Dec, I am sure that I will made a decision by that time.

Quote:
You are right about the white light and red N glowing. Looks very classy.

The cost per sqft for STEK is Rs 650. The exact cost I will come to know only once I give it. No one has done for ScorpioN yet. So not able to commit to the exact price. I am expecting it to be around 2 to 2.2L for the whole car.
Scuff plates look dope, they are now in my list

2L is on a high end! You can buy the best film, get some experianced detailer, rent a neat indoor place for a few day and still save a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
I have also kept option open for buying it from Nikhil (Nick Zeek). He quoted me 38k for full role of 15 mtrs which is more than enough for a whole car.
Does 38K include material and installation? Can you share more details on the installation part?
Old 1st October 2022, 01:06   #754
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer normally doesn't register the vehicle at RTO. They only get the Temporary number for the vehicle. Anyone registering with RTO needs these forms.
I don't think that is the case in Haryana. I got an Ertiga in 2020 and the dealership took care of everything. Same for my friend's Brezza purchased from a different dealer and city.

My uncle recently got a Creta in Delhi and he never visited the RTO.
Old 1st October 2022, 09:47   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer View Post
I didn't get a chance to review the channel or to contact him however, I did som due diligence to find if we can really buy these rolls. Indiabulls and a friend of friend who do wrapping (yet to speak with him) gave me confidence.

Does 38K include material and installation? Can you share more details on the installation part?
What confidence did your friends give you ? About buying the role from nick zeek ?

38k is only for the role. Detailers will charge around 15-20k for installation and paint correction to be done before applying the film. If you search on Indiamart, lots of vendors will contact you with their prices and details for PPF role. Any established detailer will try to shoo you away from buying such roles as he is potentially loosing a customer, may be many, by doing so.

Quote:
I don't think that is the case in Haryana. I got an Ertiga in 2020 and the dealership took care of everything. Same for my friend's Brezza purchased from a different dealer and city.

My uncle recently got a Creta in Delhi and he never visited the RTO.
Dealers only do the registration in most of the cases. It is only in few cases that the users want to do it on their own.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 10:04   #756
BHPian

Quote:
What confidence did your friends give you ? About buying the role from nick zeek ?

38k is only for the role. Detailers will charge around 15-20k for installation and paint correction to be done before applying the film. If you search on Indiamart, lots of vendors will contact you with their prices and details for PPF role. Any established detailer will try to shoo you away from buying such roles as he is potentially loosing a customer, may be many, by doing so.
Only confidence is that I know someone who can wrap the car. I will update the thread with my discussion with him.

Getting it done for 55-60K from Nikhil is a great deal. The main challenge is the quality of film. Some detailers are quoting similar and using TPH not TPU.
TPU is the right film.

Quote:
Dealers only do the registration in most of the cases. It is only in few cases that the users want to do it on their own.
Default is the dealer, unless you want a number of choice.
Old 1st October 2022, 16:44   #757

Hi Team, this is my very first post and I am really happy to be a part of this family.
Firstly congrats to the ones who received their deliveries. I know I am very late to the booking party, but my dealer says I should be able to receive the car sometime late this year or early next year. any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-booking-status.jpg  

Old 1st October 2022, 18:11   #758
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
I have also kept option open for buying it from Nikhil (Nick Zeek). He quoted me 38k for full role of 15 mtrs which is more than enough for a whole car.
What was the specification of the ppf ? TPU or TPH ? I also got in touch with him and he quoted 40k for full roll (170 microns TPU).
Old 1st October 2022, 18:37   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
What was the specification of the ppf ? TPU or TPH ? I also got in touch with him and he quoted 40k for full roll (170 microns TPU).
TPU only…TPH is cheaper than this and not that long lasting. Few vendors connected with me on WhatsApp via Indiamart and have quoted similar amount for other brands like Anexguard.

Refer below Link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfV29Um...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-a23796b50ca14373b7e611b77c1574f5.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-0367dbed254d4eba917ad697609f93cc.jpeg  

Last edited by rahulya007 : 1st October 2022 at 18:44.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 19:55   #760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang2227 View Post
Hi Team, this is my very first post and I am really happy to be a part of this family.
Firstly congrats to the ones who received their deliveries. I know I am very late to the booking party, but my dealer says I should be able to receive the car sometime late this year or early next year. any thoughts?
The time line given is usually on the higher side,Mahindra underpromises but over delivers, you will be getting your vehicle by next year certainly not in 2024
Timeline 1967 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 00:39   #761
BHPian

How accurate is Mahindra’s online booking status?
In my case, as per booking portal the car is supposed to go in production soon but I received a call from the dealership that the vehicle is on the way.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 01:32   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
In my case, as per booking portal the car is supposed to go in production soon but I received a call from the dealership that the vehicle is on the way.
Hello buddy,
According to my experience with the online app and dealership status update, yes there is a delay on auto.mahindra.com. Having said that, please don't trust the dealership people either and ask them to get the vehicle in the showroom for PDI and only then you should pay them (loan + money transfer, or whatever might be your choice). Once you see the vehicle physically, only then you should go ahead with all the formalities like Invoice, Fastag, RTO etc.
Hope this is helpful and wishing for your speedy delivery!
Do share your experience once you get you Beauty and Beast.

Happy driving!
Mustang17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 02:57   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Getting it done for 55-60K from Nikhil is a great deal. The main challenge is the quality of film. Some detailers are quoting similar and using TPH not TPU.
TPU is the right film.
Default is the dealer, unless you want a number of choice.
Aftersales service of Nickzeek remains questionable. The detailers he had tied up with may not be up to the mark IMHO. I have seen his videos of getting PPF done out in the open, such conditions are derogatory to the coating process. Any detailer charging one time fees of 15-20k will surely not be in a position to provide any aftersales. If someone is getting it done in open, je is bound to get issues. Additional those charging additional amount on account of aftersales, provide six monthly/yearly correction on the coating in addition to warranty of at least 5 years. Though getting done from professional at additional cost may not be worry free given that PPF is becoming popular only for last 2-3 years only and trustworthy-ness of these detailers is yet to be proven. But said that, additional cost gives some piece of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Hello Folks, I received delivery of my Z8L AT Diesel 4WD yesterday, ( detailed post about the whole experience in the works ).. I quickly wanted RK check if anyone feels the Bass is a little too light in the Sony 12 speaker system ? I feel so ,I’m a bit of bass head maybe.
I am no audiophile, but speaking from my knowledge gained from this forum.
Stock Head units are highly equalized, if you wish to have really good sound, get an DSP+AMP+SUBWOOFER setup. Suggested thread for gaining some knowledge.

Upgrading stock HU using DSP (Upgrading your OEM Car Audio using DSPs (budget version))
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:01   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
My booking status on auto.mahindra.com says 'order in planning' but I have had the car in my garage for a couple of days now. So yes, the tracking system is very far from accurate.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 11:26   #765
BHPian

I am no audiophile, but speaking from my knowledge gained from this forum.
Stock Head units are highly equalized, if you wish to have really good sound, get an DSP+AMP+SUBWOOFER setup. Suggested thread for gaining some knowledge.

Upgrading stock HU using DSP (Upgrading your OEM Car Audio using DSPs (budget version))[/quote]

Thanks Brother for the details, this is surely helpful. I was actually looking something that does not make me go all ballistic on procuring these components and just add an additional component like a subwoofer for instance just to enhance Bass. I kind of took a gamble while booking the Z8L version because the different between Z8 features and Z8L was 12 speaker Sony setup, front camera and driver drowsiness feature. Camera is subpar , drowsiness feature - not sure how much reliable that is and that leaves the Sony music setup and now i feel i should have opted for Z8 version and do a custom install with amp+dsp+speakers etc.
NerDriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed