Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim

Tata Motors has made some minor changes to the Nexon. The crossover finished in the white single-tone shade gets Ivory White window line trim and X-factor at the rear.

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img20220729085402.jpg

Earlier, in the case of cars finished in the white single-tone colour, the trim on the window line and X-factor on the hatch used to come in a grey shade. However, now, the trim is painted white. It’s unclear if Tata has made any changes to the interior of the car.

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img20220730150727.jpg

The Nexon is powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 118 BHP and 170 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel unit that puts out 108 BHP and 260 Nm. Both engines are paired with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed AMT.

Thanks to Adbhut for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd August 2022 at 11:05.
TusharK is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:15   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim

I recently booked the Nexon Dark edition and I think window lines are in dark gray only. I hope Tata did this change in only white and not for dark edition. I really want it in the same (gray) color.
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The side trims have been changed to matte black in the single tone Calgary White Nexon

CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Motors has made some minor changes to the Nexon. The crossover finished in the white single-tone shade gets Ivory White window line trim and X-factor at the rear.
The mules have already been spotted elsewhere & reported in RavenAvi's post here -

Tata Nexon Test Mules / July'22 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

As can be easily seen - those mules have the white X Factor but regular grey shoulder line trims. We have to remember - test mules are often made / maintained with whatever available parts are present. So lots of mix and match for exterior plastic parts is always seen in all mules.

So if the car in the OP is owned within TaMo (I suspect so since the photo also seems to be taken from a Nexon probably) - there is a small possibility that the car is not clad with final trim pieces. If TaMo actually decides to do this change - its rather absurd since the grey ones definitively looked better than white. I don't think anyone would disagree.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd August 2022 at 12:08.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:59   #5
BHPian

I thought of enriching this thread with my new Nexon XM trim (Diesel)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-7ded0a7fb1e247d68e3b76aa09e1c7b1.jpeg  

safe_rider is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 13:06   #6
BANNED

Is this only a colour change or is there more to it?
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 13:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Is this only a colour change or is there more to it?
This is how the front view looks like when compared with Nexon 2019 vs 2022. Since I own XM trim, I'm missing fog lamps

To be honest, I did not dig deep into finding out the differences, but I will certainly take a look and respond when I meet my friend who owns the other Nexon and has suggested me to go for Nexon (D) as my next car.

Note: The location is Odhimalai
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2590.jpg  

safe_rider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:39   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safe_rider View Post
This is how the front view looks like when compared with Nexon 2019 vs 2022. Since I own XM trim, I'm missing fog lamps.
So the 2022 Nexon in the picture is yours? If yes - that means the car actually has black/grey coloured shoulder on the car, but a white coloured X factor at the back. Or you have wrapped them in vinyl?
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So the 2022 Nexon in the picture is yours? If yes - that means the car actually has black/grey coloured shoulder on the car, but a white coloured X factor at the back. Or you have wrapped them in vinyl?
Yes, the car is mine. Some additional info, I have just made an online booking of Nexon XM on June 15th with 11K INR and surprisingly it got allotted by June 28th, delivered on 26th July

With regards to the color shades, I haven't touched a thing in my car, it's all just out of the factory except our 'team-bhp' stickers.

Let me share a few more photos, here.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2291.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2350.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2359.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2370.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2375.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2382.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2396.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2439.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2451.jpeg  

Tata Nexon in white single-tone now gets Ivory White trim-img_2454.jpeg  

safe_rider is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:16   #10
BHPian

I had test-driven the Nexon last year and the dealers will not commit on the colour of these bands. I had seen a few green nexons with the grey bands and asked them if thats available and they told me that sometimes from the factory they get white, sometimes grey. So, these might be just random permutations.
Old 4th August 2022, 10:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
I had test-driven the Nexon last year and the dealers will not commit on the colour of these bands. I had seen a few green nexons with the grey bands and asked them if thats available and they told me that sometimes from the factory they get white, sometimes grey. So, these might be just random permutations.
I lost trust in Car dealers, that’s the main reason I went for online booking and made up mind to receive what’s currently available at factory. Most of the SA(s) are having poor knowledge in terms of car’s specifications and they simply waste our time. And this is not the first time I’m facing thus issue.
safe_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 13:14   #12
BHPian

I booked Nexon XZ+ KZR with local dealer at Kolkata - with a down payment of Rs. 21K. Now, I am verbally assured of delivery by next 8-9 weeks. But nothing on paper (I just have the payment receipt).

📌Not getting any written commitment on tentative delivery date - is this normal? My last car purchase experience dates back 6 years and that was (with Renault) relatively simpler.

And, this was the 3rd dealer I went inquiring (for Nexon) & I did notice a difference in the depth/span of knowledge of their SAs.

However, one weird thing I noticed with this Tata Motors Dealer is:
  • Post the booking payment, they apparently got me signed up with "Tata Shop Share Smile" (TSSS).
  • I received an OTP - for which they called me to get the same.
  • When I asked what is this all about, I am told - this is some mechanism of earning/getting referral discounts for/from Tata Employees (I still have no clue).

📌Any idea what is this TSSS?
sarbagna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 17:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbagna View Post
I booked Nexon XZ+ KZR with local dealer at Kolkata - with a down payment of Rs. 21K. Now, I am verbally assured of delivery by next 8-9 weeks. But nothing on paper (I just have the payment receipt).

📌Not getting any written commitment on tentative delivery date - is this normal? My last car purchase experience dates back 6 years and that was (with Renault) relatively simpler.
Well, the automobile industry is never transparent in my experience. If they assure that the car will be delivered in 8-9 weeks then they will mostly try to deliver it, I don't think you need to worry about that part. They cannot print the delivery date on paper due to various factors such as semiconductor shortage, higher demands and etc. Most car dealers take their customers for granted due to the high demand in the current market. I'd say just follow up with them once a week and I wish you get your car soon.
safe_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 22:20   #14
BHPian

Love the new white window trim with the white color variant. With the facelift, this is one smart looking Tata. The older car (base models more so) looked hideous, especially in blue / orange and white window trim. This is a nice change definitely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks