Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2022, 23:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paid 18.3L ex-showroom for Innova Crysta 5-yrs back | Getting 17.9L | Sell or try for higher pri

Why not employ a good driver if your dad is having difficulty driving a manual transmission in traffic?

If employing a driver is not a viable option, then selling the car is a good option!
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 16:37   #32
BHPian

Re: Paid 18.3L ex-showroom for Innova Crysta 5-yrs back | Getting 17.9L | Sell or try for higher pri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I am in the same boat, looking for a family car, the Alcazar did make it to the shortlist?

And why not Hyundai?
I haven’t test driven an Alcazar, so cannot comment on that as a product.
I have had a pathetic sales experience with them when I purchased the Elite i20 in 2018. Even their service is not that great. If you have a problem and visit the service station to solve the problem, mostly they say ‘It is normal Saar’. Also, that 1.2L petrol engine in the Elite i20 is pathetic. Very bad fuel efficiency, I only get single digit mileage in the city and the Distance to empty which the car shows is never achieved and the car feels like a boat when driven on the highway. Along with that comes the safety aspect, with those cars achieving 3 stars is a big letdown.
So, that is going to be the last Hyundai in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Why not employ a good driver if your dad is having difficulty driving a manual transmission in traffic?

If employing a driver is not a viable option, then selling the car is a good option!
Not that he cannot drive, he can drive the car. But, this happens when there is a hour long traffic jam and then he misses the convenience of the automatic transmission. This started recently after the start of the metro work on the ORR stretch which is disrupting traffic movement.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.
TURBO28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 19:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
I, thank everyone for their valuable inputs and information they have provided. I visited the dealership and they quoted their final price after valuation for ₹17.8L for the car. Will most probably be going ahead with that. Would have postponed the purchase by a year or two, but since the car is driven by dad and the traffic condition and roads in Bengaluru getting worse, felt that it is the best time to upgrade to the automatic.
Hi, my small input for you to get a better price is to visit their own used car facility. That is TUCO - Toyota used car outlet; company owned used car showroom near to mysore road. I have visited that facility personally with my friend and they quoted a very good price for his car which was much higher than what other used car showrooms and car24 or others quoted.

As you are in bangalore, you can surely check that place with your car- no trouble in getting some additional K's right

There is a teambhp link for this outlet also, we checked that and went there, sharing that link and gmap location also along..

TOYOTA OWNED USED CAR OUTLET
https://maps.app.goo.gl/CUDnfYkgFDgs1MPk6

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...bangalore.html (Toyota launches its used car business; opens first outlet in Bangalore)

Happy Motoring,
Joe
Old 9th August 2022, 09:25   #34
RGK
Senior - BHPian

A 2019 Crysta owned by a friend of mine has only logged 20k Km. It was a top-of-the-line manual transmission vehicle that cost about 26L. He intends to sell it and is confident that he will secure a sale for at least 24-25L today. It's reiterated in your thread.

The vehicle's dependability and cheaper maintenance expenses, in my opinion, give it a fantastic resale value.
Old 9th August 2022, 10:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
Hello all,
My membership was approved just today and it is great to be on this forum.
The Innova which we are talking about on this thread is mine. The car has an ODO reading of around 52,000 kms.
We are planning to upgrade to an Innova crysta only (Variant - Z AT diesel) and have not thought of any other car. The car is primarily driven by my dad and is used mostly in city, that is the reason to switch to an automatic.

Thank you for your valuable inputs!
If you/your family member is an IT employee, and if your company offers Lease,
- Sell the vehicle and get a new one, even though its expensive.
- Avail all tax benefits that come with a lease.

If you are a business man/freelancer,
- Sell the vehicle and get a new one.
- Use depreciation & additional expenses clauses to fund the difference on the new vehicle.

If the above two doesn't apply, you need to do the math + necessity evaluation.

Going for new car is always better. You will get a brand new vehicle with fresh warranty. With the offered price and that too from a company, you can be peaceful throughout the deal.

Considering the way our governments are moving, if they ban diesel cars in another 4/5 years or mark all diesel cars life to a max of 10 years, you will see the prices fall to bottom. So, i would say, try to use this opportunity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks