Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 06:15   #16
BANNED

re: Paid 18.3L ex-showroom for Innova Crysta 5-yrs back | Getting 17.9L | Sell or try for higher price?

Always get multiple quotes before finalizing. Try OLX autos, Spinny, Cars24 etc. first to get an idea of the minimum price you ought to get. On that basis, post an ad on OLX and you will surely get a good deal.

I suggested the same to a few of my friends here in Kerala, in most of the cases, Spinny gave the highest quote, followed by Cars24. once you receive a quote, you have assurance of a guaranteed minimum amount you will receive on your car, after which they placed an ad on OLX with this quote in mind and got much better deals.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 08:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Paid 18.3L ex-showroom for Innova Crysta 5-yrs back | Getting 17.9L | Sell or try for higher price?

My cousin bought a used 3 year old Innova for 8 lakhs in 2008 and sold it for the same price in 2011.
My uncle used to frequently buy 2-3 lakh km run Qualis up until 2012 and used to sell it at a profit every time after using it for 6-12 months.

Honestly, time is running out quick. If the recession really hits the US hard and demand goes down, new car prices will cool globally which will affect used car prices too.

Hope you don't miss a great deal in search for the dream deal.

In all probability, you have to try really hard to get a lousy deal with a used Innova. The car has insane demand and OP honestly has the upper hand while he still owns the captain seats.

Last edited by Turbohead : 4th August 2022 at 08:08.
Turbohead is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 16:55   #18
BHPian

Re: Paid 18.3L ex-showroom for Innova Crysta 5-yrs back | Getting 17.9L | Sell or try for higher pri

The decision depends on so many factors. The condition of the vehicle, which is his next car or what plans and most importantly which state does he resides? As we are seeing 10 or 15 year old bans slowly being implemented. Some more information will help.
Gypsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 17:01   #19
BHPian

Re: Paid 18.3L ex-showroom for Innova Crysta 5-yrs back | Getting 17.9L | Sell or try for higher pri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Is this a good deal considering the car is 5 years old? Can I go ahead with the sale, or should I get it valued elsewhere?
The question is simple - What's their new car budget and which segment are they looking at after letting the Innova go? If they're OK with spending $$ on a new car upgrade right now, get a few more quotes and sell it to the highest bidder.

As far as the resale price is concerned, there's never been a better time to be a seller right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if (s)he gets the ex-showroom price back.

Last edited by DeKay : 4th August 2022 at 17:03.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 18:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
The deal is kind of good. I had a weird situation where the so called valuation company quoted a price of ₹17.xx lakhs yesterday, but again today morning received a message with a quote of just ₹17 lakhs. I don't know what they were thinking or made them reduce the quote. The on-road price of the Crysta top end automatic in Bengaluru is a whopping almost ₹34 lakhs, which is just crazy. The price includes the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year. Thanks.
I guess they just stumbled upon your post! The quote is sweet, I'd take it. A good way forward for an upgrade. But if it's going to be the same car, I don't see a great value proposition by paying a few more lakhs for pretty much the same car.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 19:03   #21
BHPian

Hi Turbo28, adding my few bits to the discussion -

a) Automatic is a huge benefit over driving manual in the city and is worth spending that money.

b) The additional amount that you may have to shell out for the new car will result in higher resale value as compared to the value you will get for the current car after 5 years and hence may even out the extra money that you spend (ignoring the interest cost on the same as the price of convenience for the automatic car)

c) On the reduced quote that you have received for your car, it may be just an attempt to create margin for negotiation when you have not closed the deal based on first quote. As others have advised, get a few more quotes and if the first one is still the highest, then negotiate hard and close the deal at the best price you reach.
Quatro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 20:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Turbo28 - Tried the 'Exchange' price with the toyota dealer themselves? They might surprise you.

An Auto Crysta is a good upgrade.

That said, your car is done just about 55K Km and that's like the engine has just run in. So, clearly, you can bargain a better price. With the offices re-opening and the cab companies getting busier again, the cab/fleet owners will lap up an Innova with an engine like yours that's almost 'new'. Bargain more pls. I am hoping you are in no hurry.
jkrishnakj is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 20:16   #23
BHPian

I, thank everyone for their valuable inputs and information they have provided. I visited the dealership and they quoted their final price after valuation for ₹17.8L for the car. Will most probably be going ahead with that. Would have postponed the purchase by a year or two, but since the car is driven by dad and the traffic condition and roads in Bengaluru getting worse, felt that it is the best time to upgrade to the automatic.
The other reason is the prices of the Innova crysta going up every quarter or so. So, pushing the purchase further will only increase the prices of the new car.
TURBO28 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 09:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Glad to hear a conclusion. It痴 a good price and you all are getting a good upgrade. The AT Crysta will serve you well. It痴 fun to drive too. Congrats.
jkrishnakj is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 16:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
A Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) drops in a query via this Team-BHP share page.

. We had purchased the car at a price of Rs. 18,32,000 (ex-showroom).

Is this a good deal considering the car is 5 years old? Can I go ahead with the sale, or should I get it valued elsewhere?
If Ex showroom was 18.3, on road price would be close to 22L,
17.9 is almost 19% depreciation over 5 years, I think its a no brainer, go for it.

Typically in Mumbai depreciation is high compared to bangalore/ pune due to proximity to sea and rains but this price in unbelievable !

Last edited by Sheel : 6th August 2022 at 09:49. Reason: Typo. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
Asoon is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th August 2022, 12:00   #26
BHPian

Hi TURBO28, going slightly off-topic, but if traffic is the main problem then why not go for something smaller in size - a Creta for example?

As it is primarily used by your dad in city - it値l be better in terms of manoeuvrability and will be closer to the price you値l receive from the sale of your current car.
Old 6th August 2022, 12:08   #27
BHPian

Just wondering if it would make sense for you to wait for the Innova Hycross. Definitely going to be expensive, but will be a new experience at-least!!
Used car prices might not hold for another 6 months though. You’ll could get an interim beater automatic car
ronk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 13:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
Hi TURBO28, going slightly off-topic, but if traffic is the main problem then why not go for something smaller in size - a Creta for example?

As it is primarily used by your dad in city - it値l be better in terms of manoeuvrability and will be closer to the price you値l receive from the sale of your current car.
Hello, thank you for the suggestion. But, not going to buy another Hyundai again.
There are times when 6-7 members travel in the car for outstation trips, so there is a need for a 7 seater car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
Just wondering if it would make sense for you to wait for the Innova Hycross. Definitely going to be expensive, but will be a new experience at-least!!
Used car prices might not hold for another 6 months though. You値l could get an interim beater automatic car
Hello, I am keeping an eye out on the Innova Hycross, but I read somewhere that the space in that car is going to be lesser compared to the Crysta. So, not really sure about that. Will wait and see.
TURBO28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 16:55   #29
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Always get multiple quotes before finalizing. Try OLX autos, Spinny, Cars24 etc...
Yes.

No, if you don't want to be pestered by them folks for the rest of your life asking you about your 'sold' car.

I still get calls from Cars24 asking me to give details of my car, which was sold a couple of years back. I have a good time wasting their call
LaRoca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 20:03   #30
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
But, not going to buy another Hyundai again.
There are times when 6-7 members travel in the car for outstation trips, so there is a need for a 7 seater car.
I am in the same boat, looking for a family car, the Alcazar did make it to the shortlist?

And why not Hyundai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks