Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2022, 15:27   #46

Re: Scoop! A 13-seater version of the Force Gurkha 4x4?

If we zoom at the rear wheel we can see the leaf spring suspension setup. I dont think so 3 door Gurkha comes with such setup at the rear. So this is probably just a RWD Trax with exterior modifications. Probably for Force’s internal use as already said by some people.
Scoop! A 13-seater version of the Force Gurkha 4x4?-4c0f874872dc41a49c6898e1a6321845.jpeg

But I will be very happy if I am wrong and they are actually planning to launch a 13 seater Gurkha��
ransomware is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:49   #47
BANNED

The above observation ties in nicely with the registration data posted earlier that shows the vehicle as a Force Trax and not Gurkha. False alert everyone!
Ragul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:54   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope this is not some twisted trick by Force to side step the upcoming 6 airbag rule as that will only apply to cars which can seat upto 8 people?

It does look good though. As some others have posted before me, wonder if they are taking a leaf out of Defender’s book - 90, 110, 130, pickups, cab - take your pick!
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 16:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransomware View Post
So this is probably just a RWD Trax with exterior modifications.
I saw the car in person and did verify that there are front driveshafts, 4x4 low gear-lever and the pull-type front / rear diff locks. So, no that's not a RWD car with mods.
blackwasp is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 20:52   #50
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Monster Mercedes Truck. The Gurkha pickup twin cab could easily lead to this.
Attached Images

Old 9th August 2022, 21:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

I don't know man I strangely like this vehicle. There is something attractive about big yet simple 4x4s like this that is hard to explain.

May be I will never buy one but I will be so glad if it ever makes to market. Bring it on Force!
amol4184 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 22:11   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

The Trax/Cruiser suspension design is said to be such that on rough road, there is a certain way to drive it that the bumps and roughness is minimized. This is the feedback from professional drivers (my cousin has a Cruiser). Such a vehicle as seen in this post may actually not be bad. But the finishing and interiors are going to be basic by today's standards.
Old 10th August 2022, 08:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
To each his own, but I am kind of liking this thing, exactly what the lifestyle buyers actually need - no more V Cross + canopy needed if force actually launches this.
Exactly my thought too. Had this discussion with a friend of mine who's driven the V Cross quite a bit including Delhi to Coorg trips. He said a pick up truck with canopy will look better, i agree that will look better, but this is functional too considering the space is within the cabin itself. It will be interesting if someone can do a render and convert this into a motorhome.
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 08:45   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I saw the car in person and did verify that there are front driveshafts, 4x4 low gear-lever and the pull-type front / rear diff locks. So, no that's not a RWD car with mods.
From what I know a 4X4 cruiser is not available for commercial sale .
Unless FML got a Trax Cruiser homologated and then didn't sell it to customers for various reasons of demand and cost ,manufacturing something like this could lead to the vehicle being impounded by the RTO for violation of rules .
Old 15th August 2022, 08:40   #55
BHPian

This version has great potential as a life saver

Due to climate change, we are seeing large scale natural calamities every year especially in the hilly parts of our country

Such vehicles can greatly aid in search and rescue missions

There is more than enough space to make this a mini hospital for such emergencies
Voodooblaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 22:34   #56

I see a link to long wheelbase gurkha which says in specifications as a 7 seater and with 138 bhp tune. Could not find any pics though...

https://forcemotors.com/Long-Wheel-Base-Gurkha.php

How come no official pics are provided for same on the seating pattern. Any one if can shed some light on it.
Old 5th June 2023, 01:02   #57
BHPian

IMHO, with the Trax Cruiser already being present, this model, should it ever see the light of the day, is a bit redundant as buyers in this segment have a function-over-form mentality and there would not be many takers when the only upgrade offered is cosmetic. But, it definitely looks cool, particularly in this shade of green and those set of wheels.

As for the 4x4, I remember seeing a few Trax 4x4s (mostly ambulances associated with the NAS/108) to be used in the hilly regions and came with a snorkel attached.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks