Team-BHP - Swift(Facelifted, Improved look) in the piple line?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift(Facelifted, Improved look) in the piple line? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/25546-swift-facelifted-improved-look-piple-line.html)

Yesterday was heading back to bangalore from mysore( i spotted a car which looked very similar to "Swift" but the front looked diffrent, can say looked more refined and stylish.

since the name was covered, it was very clear that this particular car is going to be launched soon and is in testing phase.

sad part could not take any pictures:(

any of you have any clue ?

Since you are in Bangalore and a lot of people have spotted the FABIA there wouldn't that be a FABIA? I think yes. Maruti's playground is Gurgaon!

Lohit, you must have spotted he Fabia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 478504)
Yesterday was heading back to bangalore from mysore( i spotted a car which looked very similar to "Swift" but the front looked diffrent, can say looked more refined and stylish.

since the name was covered, it was very clear that this particular car is going to be launched soon and is in testing phase.

sad part could not take any pictures:(

any of you have any clue ?

Was it blue by any chance? Seriously, I think Skoda is gonna have a tough time getting potential customers to distinguish their car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajitkommini (Post 478520)
Was it blue by any chance? Seriously, I think Skoda is gonna have a tough time getting potential customers to distinguish their car.

Bingo!, yes it was light blue.

if it is fabia then i dont know what skoda is trying achive by designing a car which looks so similar to swift?

btw would like to add that it was a "MH" registered vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 478611)
btw would like to add that it was a "MH" registered vehicle.

skoda's plant is near Aurangabad in Maharashrtra....MH 20......

EDIT: mods, pls change the title (or lock the thread)

You might have well spotted the new swift, which has been launched in Japan. No major changes apart from the lights (front and rear), front bumper and RSVM's with indicators.
Overall as said earlier does look much better finished. Have a look at the pics.

I dont think a facelift is required for the swift at this time. It might be the Fabia. However we cant rule out the possibility as well. We all know about the new M series. Maruti could have something up its sleeve.

I feel its Fabia, but may be Limited or Sports edition of Swift which might debut soon with new engine :) with some improvement.

Regards,

Ravi.

That is a Fabia , which is being test driven in bangalore - mysore road for a long time. If you get a chance to see it very close , you can see the logo and the name in the back (masked)

the car "lohitrao"is talkin abt is skoda fabia not facelifted swift. the new swift launched in japan doesnt have a new face , only added some new features.

hey guys, it is definitely fabia as everyone is seeing fabia on bangalore roads. there is no new fcelifted swift launched. the new swift launched in japan has only some new features. i do agree, that fabia has swift like proportions. from the side it looks just like a swift, but its around 300mm longer than swift.

Hello guys, yes i think it was fabia and definately not "Swift". the front of the car looked very grand and the front grills gave it a european look.

Lohith we had pictures of the Fabia in another thread. check it out and see if it's the same car you spotted.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...abia-pics.html

There it is!
Many people are going to think the Fabia is just a modded Swift. And this will effect the sales I think. And they will only sell it to Skoda customers. Right?

BTW, Swift is not going to get any changes in the very near future. But we need that 1.6 Sport! Please!