Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 10:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spotted in South Korea

The Hyundai Alcazar is getting a mid-life refresh. The facelift version of the SUV has been spotted in South Korea, and it could be headed to India as well.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spotted in South Korea-2023hyundaialcazarfaceliftspiednewlaunch2.jpg

The spy images suggest that the Alcazar is likely to get a redesigned front fascia featuring a tweaked radiator grille. The SUV has a chrome grille with the lower portion blacked out. The LED headlights and fog lamp design remains the same.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spotted in South Korea-2023hyundaialcazarfaceliftspiednewlaunch6.jpg

At the rear, the updated Alcazar has the same wraparound tail lamps with the C-shaped light signature. The rear bumper with its silver skid plate and the chrome strip between the tail lights has been carried over unchanged. The dual-tone alloy wheels have also been retained.

Hyundai Alcazar facelift spotted in South Korea-2023hyundaialcazarfaceliftspiednewlaunch3.jpg

The Alcazar facelift is unlikely to receive any mechanical updates. The SUV will be offered with the same engine options, which include a 2.0-litre petrol unit producing 157 BHP and 191 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel motor that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm. Both engines are offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Source: Blog Naver

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 10th August 2022 at 10:29.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 10:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar facelift spotted in South Korea

The alcazar in it's current form is an abomination (to each of their own in terms of design opinions) and the "facelift" doesn't seem to look any different at all expect the bottom hang of the chrome grill gives a finish seen in Fortuner.

Sales wise, I don't think it has anything going for it in Indian market. My assumption at this stage would be that the car might be discontinued in another year or two, given the 1000-2000 odd units it sells , most of which are attributed to chip and component shortage.

And once again to the esteemed members, please don't get offended by my statements here. I have just put forth my insights.Members and Moderators, please feel free to let me know in case of any concerns regarding my post.
Gautham_v6 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 11:06   #3
Kln
BHPian

If only Hyundai bring a more powerful diesel engine! The puny 1.5 lit workhorse barely gets the job done in its current avatar. The car is a masterpiece in comfort - I highly recommend anyone having any doubt regarding this car to take a test drive once. The underpowered diesel engine stops it from being a serious challenger to the mighty Innova, which has the same customer base.
Kln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 11:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
If only Hyundai bring a more powerful diesel engine!....The underpowered diesel engine stops it from being a serious challenger to the mighty Innova, which has the same customer base.
Yabadabadaba... Diesel ban, BEV future et al.

Why can't they localsie the 2.0 or 2.2l variant of the diesel Smartstream family in India? Instead of just limiting it to the Tucson/ Carnival.

They can be used for bigger models that Hyundai is anyways bound to bring in the future.
Old 10th August 2022, 11:35   #5
BHPian

Oxford English Dictionary defines facelift as ”a procedure carried out to improve the appearance of something”. Looking at that front grill, clearly Hyundai is not aware of that definition .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks