Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 20:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

20 Lakhs ex-showroom will ensure that not many people buy it and Skoda assembly lines at Aurangabad do not have to take too much of a strain.

The move is a masterstroke, I personally feel they should price it at 30 lakhs. In that way Aurangabad will not feel any pressure at all.

Last edited by lurker : 25th June 2007 at 20:20.
Old 25th June 2007, 20:34   #17
v10
BHPian

Touareg coming too!!

Volkswagen is introducing the passat and the Touareg v6 by this year end and the touareg will be priced around 40 lakhs.
Old 25th June 2007, 20:37   #18
BHPian

The car might still do well if its Rs. 21-22 lacs OTR but anything beyond will be tough for them to sell .
I just read somewhere on this forum that VW will price it near Rs. 17 lacs ,How far was that true ?

Last edited by sam_78 : 25th June 2007 at 20:40.
Old 25th June 2007, 21:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Thatz Good news! What about VW Golf?
Already being sold in India.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Already being sold in India.
Golf???? Already being sold in India??? Where???
Old 26th June 2007, 10:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Golf???? Already being sold in India??? Where???
Golf's genetically similar step brother?
Old 26th June 2007, 10:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Volkswagen is introducing the passat and the Touareg v6 by this year end and the touareg will be priced around 40 lakhs.
Sorry to burst the bubble dude but no plans for the Touareg as yet. The Touaran? Yes. Sometime next year.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:21   #23
BANNED

Wow! I am not a big fan of VWs. But I like them. It will be wonderful to see them rolling n our roads frequently. Passat is good comfortable car which can also handle well and built well. It will find some good customers if priced in the above quoted price range. And I am sure, VW will add some useful electronic gizmos and make the car very attractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Shucks, 6 years is a loooong time to wait!
It won't be that loooooong! Linea is coming in before that I heard. Or you can opt for a Sedici which is sold as SX4 here. Both offer similar/Better space as the Golf. But none can match the fun GTI can offer I agree.
Old 26th June 2007, 12:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
20 Lakhs ex-showroom will ensure that not many people buy it
I think the car will find a LOT of buyers if it's priced at Rs. 20 lakhs ex-showroom. Having sampled the petrol Passat extensively during my stay in Canada, I can say the car will be fabulous VFM at 20 lacs if VW doesn't strip it much. The level of refinement and luxury in the car is top notch, add the gizmo's and the Passat will actually make you question the need to pay more for a Audi A4. Besides, if Toyota can find buyers for a Rs. 25 lac Camry, why can't a Passat sell at the same price?

Last edited by amit : 26th June 2007 at 12:17.
Old 26th June 2007, 12:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Besides, if Toyota can find buyers for a Rs. 25 lac Camry, why can't a Passat sell at the same price?
You forgot - its not JAPANESE by birth.
Old 26th June 2007, 12:45   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
You forgot - its not JAPANESE by birth.
what do you mean by 'by birth'?
Old 26th June 2007, 15:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Golf's genetically similar step brother?
Loora.... , Skoda Laura
Old 26th June 2007, 17:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Besides, if Toyota can find buyers for a Rs. 25 lac Camry, why can't a Passat sell at the same price?
People in India, potential car buyers, do not yet trust a VW as much as they do a Toyota. Toyota has bullet-proof reputation. And where does VW list on the latest JD Power QC numbers.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:21   #29
BHPian

Poor Reliability!

I agree the reliability of passats all over the world has been a Major isssue for VW and i 've bben hearing horror stories about passat since waaay back .. Dont know why VW dont address all the Elec. problems and improve its Image ..People who buy Passat once sware not to buy a VW again .

No matter how good they price their cars ,unless VW adresses all(or most) issues ,i dont see it a potential threat to Accords and camrys . It may sell initially but as soon as people face problems ,it 'll 've a huge impact on sales and to top it all ,the Spares of VW will be expensive even than those of skodas .
Old 27th June 2007, 13:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
People in India, potential car buyers, do not yet trust a VW as much as they do a Toyota. Toyota has bullet-proof reputation. And where does VW list on the latest JD Power QC numbers.
Why do you say people don't trust VW? I don't think people are ready to pay Rs. 25 lakhs just for the Toyota reliablity, it's more about the badge as in India Honda and Toyota enjoy premium brand status. Besides, Indians have trusted a lot of new car brands, Hyundai was a new brand for us, so was Skoda and so is Renault. Indians trusted Tata despite the first generation Indica's problems too. Also, I don't think the average car buyer is tuned into how car companies are performing in the J.D.Power survey's in other countries. French car makers are notorious for poor reliablity yet no one holds that against Logan and not many are aware of this fact either. Yes, VW does fare very badly in North America and is notorious for electrical faults but I don't think the average Indian car buyer would be aware of that.

How does Skoda do so well in these reliablity survey's while VW and Audi struggle? The Octavia has been ranking in the top 3 in UK while the Golf languishes way behind. This is something I really haven't understood!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks