Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2022, 13:01   #1
BHPian

Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Hi All - Had been to Lanson Toyota Koyambedu Chennai showroom today morn to enquire on the Innova Crysta 2.4 ZX variant, was looking to book in a few days. Was surprised to note that they have stopped taking booking for Innova Crysta diesel variants going forward. It came as a big shock to me as I didn’t read anywhere about them stopping the diesel variant. The SA is pushing to look at petrol variant which am not interested and also considering there’s a hybrid variant to be launched later this year. Anyone else have heard about this or aware of this news? Was a big disappointment as I was very much interested to go with the Innova Crysta ZX 2.4.. :(
subrasri is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
Hi All - Had been to Lanson Toyota Koyambedu Chennai showroom today morn to enquire on the Innova Crysta 2.4 ZX variant, was looking to book in a few days. Was surprised to note that they have stopped taking booking for Innova Crysta diesel variants going forward. It came as a big shock to me as I didn’t read anywhere about them stopping the diesel variant. The SA is pushing to look at petrol variant which am not interested and also considering there’s a hybrid variant to be launched later this year. Anyone else have heard about this or aware of this news? Was a big disappointment as I was very much interested to go with the Innova Crysta ZX 2.4.. :(
Got the same news from a dealer in Nasik that the Toyota booking system has stopped allowing them to book Diesel Innova's.

My dealer who I had booked the car 2nd half months back told me that the Toyota management said those who have booked the car before will definitely get the delivery, for the new bookings according to the dealer, there is a caveat that it might get delivered or it might not.

Looks like Toyota is doing a Qualis again. Sad day for everyone. I think this needs to be a new thread so that everyone around knows or if someone has people in Toyota, they can clarify.
humyum is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 13:37   #3
BHPian

To me its looking like strong hybrid Innova HyCross is coming soon. There are some rumors about discontinuation of diesel. But other rumors as well that both Crysta and HyCross will be side by side.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 13th August 2022 at 14:02.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 13:47   #4
BHPian

It doesn’t make sense why they would stop the diesel all together considering it’s their best selling variant. Is it because they are genuinely being environment conscious and going in the direction of the VAG group to completely come out of diesel. Or is it a temporary pause to prioritise their upcoming launches and later start bookings again.. very much disappointed though after hearing the news today. It was my first diesel vehicle I was looking to book.
Old 13th August 2022, 14:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
Was surprised to note that they have stopped taking booking for Innova Crysta diesel variants going forward.
I had seen this coming, they had done this for the Qualis and now the Crysta. I fail to understand why does Toyota always kills their best selling models. One of the reasons why Crysta used to sell was, it’s a Diesel. It remains to be seen how the Hybrid-Petrol combo would fair. I presume Toyota fears that the Crysta Diesel might overshadow the hybrid.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th August 2022 at 18:06. Reason: Typo
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 20:39   #6
RRU
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I had seen this coming, they had done this for the Qualis and now the Crysta. I fail to understand why does Toyota always kills their best selling models. One of the reasons why Crysta used to sell was, it’s a Diesel. It remains to be seen how the Hybrid-Petrol combo would fair. I presume Toyota fears that the Crysta Diesel mite overshadow the hybrid.
They intend to replace the current petrol with Hycross (hybrid) and have completely stopped diesel. The petrol varaints that they are selling now will also stop after 3 months. However, media reports suggest that Toyota will continue with diesel but only for fleet.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-model-424480

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/up...is-year-52261/
RRU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 05:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Rumour: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 08:33   #8
BANNED

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

What about Diesel Fortuner? Did the SA say something about it?
Old 14th August 2022, 08:49   #9
BHPian

Why would Toyota take a risk with their cash cow?

Or maybe they want to prioritise delivery of existing bookings to cut the backlog?
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 09:17   #10
BHPian

Eh ? my friend just booked the top end auto for Crysta, delivery in 3 months
docted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 09:37   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docted View Post
Eh ? my friend just booked the top end auto for Crysta, delivery in 3 months
The thing is, it’s still not concrete. Some dealers have stopped taking bookings while some continue to take bookings.

I had asked an SA at Lakozy Toyota and he told me they are still taking bookings.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 09:50   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Toyota has asked the dealerships to not take any new bookings for the Crysta.

HyCross is scheduled for a reveal later this year.

Launch/Deliveries for HyCross is scheduled around Jan 2023.
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 10:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking as we were going to pick up a Diesel Crysta. Is this news confirmed as Petrol is absolute NO NO?
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 10:17   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Yes, Toyota has asked the dealerships to not take any new bookings for the Crysta.
I heard Fortuner Diesel bookings will be stopped from Sept/Oct this year, is that true as well then?
Old 14th August 2022, 11:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about the credibility of this information, since Toyota India website is still accepting online bookings for Crysta diesel.

On the Fortuner, I don't think it is going anywhere till next generation Fortuner (mild-hybrid diesel) is launched in 2023-24. Let's see.

All said and done, sad days ahead for diesel lovers :(

Last edited by cool_dube : 14th August 2022 at 11:20.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed