Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 00:37   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is the scenario same for other Toyota models like Fortuner ? If it is only for the Innova, then it could be that Toyota is trying to bring in a new model. Then again, we dont have any test mules spotted yet, or have we ?
Toyota India is just beating around the bush, they have clearly stopped production of the diesel Innova, so no new production will take place, only existing orders will be fulfilled.

Diesel Innova Crysta will be available again from Jan 2023, but for fleet operators, whether it’ll be offered for private buyers as well, is not known yet.

Next gen Fortuner is still some time away, there were some talks of a diesel hybrid powertrain in Indonesia/Thailand. Let’s see if it’ll ever be offered in India.

The Innova HyCross, the monocoque Innova, has already been spotted testing in India.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ted-india.html

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th August 2022 at 00:40.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 02:49   #92
BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is the scenario same for other Toyota models like Fortuner ? If it is only for the Innova, then it could be that Toyota is trying to bring in a new model. Then again, we dont have any test mules spotted yet, or have we ?
Toyota dealers are very well accepting Fortuner Diesel bookings with a promised delivery date within 2-3 months. Spoke to my Kolkata dealer regarding this, and got to know that it's only for Innova right now and that too a temporary measure. The Innova diesel should be back soon, most probably Jan 2023.
But in case of Fortuner, Diesel is very much there and also staying here till at least the new Gen launches in 2024. So prospective Fortuner buyers, please go on and book your diesel Fortuners at the earliest before there's another price hike in Oct 2022!!
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 05:14   #93
BHPian

To me this seem like a clever move to clear stocks for already manufacturered petrol engines, which doesn't sell much.

By stopping diesel temporarily, some desperate buyers with low running might opt for Innova petrol, who otherwise would have gone for a diesel.

Just a thought!!
Old 19th August 2022, 07:39   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I am beginning to believe that Toyota is taking its customers for a ride.
Cannot agree more!! I also feel their arrogance, pricey attitude, strange collaborations with Maruti and the lack lusture advancements in Toyota products is catching up and Toyota will be soon dethroned if all signs are to be believed. Mahindra is already securing its monthly sales with thundering advance bookings and consumers ready to wait for world class products to come to their garages. Plus the resale value of Mahindra cars which are in short supply will be good.

One thing that keeps coming up as an upsell for the Fortuner is its negligible servicing cost. No debate on this aspect. But the same customer will spend a fortune in paying the yearly insurance!. Money gone from pocket is money gone from the pocket. In fact, the insurance money is mostly lost but at least when you service your car, you get new parts and extend the life of the car.

It is as though Toyota is importing all parts from Japan leading to ever increasing ex-showroom prices.

Last edited by MetalClank : 19th August 2022 at 07:46.
Old 19th August 2022, 07:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

I recently got a diesel Fortuner and was checking on the veracity of this news from my dealer. He mentioned that there is a heavy inventory of petrol fortuners and dealers are being asked to push those. Hence the temporary cessation of diesel bookings. However, he further confirmed that diesel Fortuner will be phased out by end 2023 depending on the demand of the hybrid which is coming in Q2 of 2023. He also mentioned that in the 3-5 year horizon, the resale of the diesel Fortuner and Innova will shoot up as the demand for these vehicles just doesn't abate.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th August 2022 at 09:04. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 19th August 2022, 07:50   #96
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova will get a petrol only hybrid power train and there will be no diesel Innova's at least for private buyers. We've written off Toyota on previous occasions: Qualis looked like a 'hearse' but when on to become a super duper hit. Innova was pricey but it hit the sweet spot again and Crysta was even pricier and it hit the sweet spot again & again, who knows what Toyota has up it's sleeve.

Will the hybrid Innova be a hit? Only time will tell. By the time it's launched petrol may probably hit the Rs 115/liter mark and the Innova make breach the Rs 40 L bracket.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th August 2022 at 09:05. Reason: Please do not write with excessive dots. Thank you.
Old 19th August 2022, 08:52   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I recently got a diesel Fortuner and was checking on the veracity of this news from my dealer. He mentioned that there is a heavy inventory of petrol fortuners and dealers are being asked to push those. Hence the temporary cessation of diesel bookings. However, he further confirmed that diesel Fortuner will be phased out by end 2023 depending on the demand of the hybrid which is coming in Q2 of 2023. He also mentioned that in the 3-5 year horizon, the resale of the diesel fortune and innovate will shoot up as the demand for these vehicles just doesn't abate.
Congratulations on your purchase! Which model did you buy and how do you find the ride quality at low speeds/in the city? I have done TD for the Fortuner 4x2 AT Diesel multiple times now. The constant sideways and up/down movement in the city is not getting out of my head. It is very noticeable. I have checked the tire pressure of the TD vehicles and they are not over inflated either. Its a beautiful vehicle, but the jiggly ride and the music system are just not cutting it.
Old 19th August 2022, 12:51   #98
BHPian

Just heard another rumour that Innova diesel bookings are open for a couple of days . Those who are interested in a diesel Innova, please check with your SA !
Old 19th August 2022, 13:30   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! Which model did you buy and how do you find the ride quality at low speeds/in the city? I have done TD for the Fortuner 4x2 AT Diesel multiple times now. The constant sideways and up/down movement in the city is not getting out of my head. It is very noticeable. I have checked the tire pressure of the TD vehicles and they are not over inflated either. Its a beautiful vehicle, but the jiggly ride and the music system are just not cutting it.
Thanks.

I dont find any issue with sway in the 2022 model. I had test driven the Fortuner two years back as well (pre facelift) and there was a marked difference between the two cars. The pre-facelift version had noticeably softer suspension and body roll was more pronounced.

I have covered 1500 kms in 10 days of ownership which included two outstation work trips, and this car is a phenomenal highway express.

The Fortuner is replacing my faulty Jeep Compass. To compare, the Compass had better road manners in terms of agility and body roll, but the way the fortuner simply trounces all road surfaces, the grunt of that engine (500NM is no laughing matter!), visibility, and the command it respects on the road, makes it a more relaxed drive compared to the compass on the highways.

I engaged Sport mode once post the first service when I was overtaking a convoy of army trucks, and suffice to say, I was grinning like a kid at the end of the overtake manoeuvre.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd August 2022 at 17:40. Reason: typo edited
himanshugoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 14:07   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Thanks.

I dont find any issue with sway in the 2022 model. I had test driven the Fortuner two years back as well (pre facelift) and there was a marked difference between the two cars. The pre facelift version had noticeably softer suspension and body roll was more pronounced.
Good to hear and thanks for the frank feedback. I am assuming you also have the same experience within the city and with low speed driving. Hoping the 2022 model is not a bouncy rider within the city with road disturbances. I was unable to get this confidence in the multiple TDs i have had with the new model.

On the highway, there are really no major contenders for the Fortuner. Its a bogie on wheels.

Last edited by MetalClank : 19th August 2022 at 14:18.
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:52   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaidhiR View Post
Qualis was replaced at its peak with the Innova.

If this rumours are true, and Toyota want to upgrade their "portfolio", then the 2022 Avanza is the closest I can think of. Well Vellfire. But its going to be ridiculously expensive.

Specs from the Philippines Toyota website.
As per my friend who works in TKM plant, they are currently working on two variants of Crysta. Strong hybrid and Mild hybrid based on 2.0 Ltr Petrol engine. Design will be similar lines to that of current generation Crysta and there won’t be any major change.

In fact I did try to show Philippines Avanza model and asked whether new Crysta is based on this platform?? But he flatly denied and said current model itself is being used for hybrid variants.

The latest test mules also shows the same in my view.
Riderulz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:26   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderulz View Post
As per my friend who works in TKM plant, they are currently working on two variants of Crysta. Strong hybrid and Mild hybrid based on 2.0 Ltr Petrol engine. Design will be similar lines to that of current generation Crysta and there won’t be any major change.
This is very hard to digest that a ladder-on-frame Crysta will take a Hybrid setup without any major changes. I think you are getting confused with the upcoming Innova Hycross.

Last edited by Black_Star : 22nd August 2022 at 16:29.
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:48   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
This is very hard to digest that a ladder-on-frame Crysta will take a Hybrid setup without any major changes. I think you are getting confused with the upcoming Innova Hycross.
I think we can take some cues from this development.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...jakarta-424006

"The manufacturer has not announced any specifications of the electric MPV. Sources tell us that the Innova EV concept shown at Jakarta is just a study to gauge customer interest. The brand, however, will introduce a Innova hybrid in Indonesia first, followed by a market launch in India."
Old 22nd August 2022, 17:19   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderulz View Post
I think we can take some cues from this development.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...jakarta-424006

"The manufacturer has not announced any specifications of the electric MPV. Sources tell us that the Innova EV concept shown at Jakarta is just a study to gauge customer interest. The brand, however, will introduce a Innova hybrid in Indonesia first, followed by a market launch in India."
Then you should also know that it wont enter production. The end product may look similar to current Innova but by no means they are the same product.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...res-why-424101

"The Innova Crysta, like its predecessor, is based on Toyota's tried and tested IMV ladder frame architecture, which is designed to accommodate petrol and diesel powertrains. In such a platform, battery packs and the traction motor remain a major packaging challenge, thanks to the long ladder frame's long members and horizontal arms which limits space for the battery. Add to this the additional weight the frame brings which is a big penalty when it comes to a battery powered vehicle's range."
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got an Innova Diesel delivered very recently?

I saw some twitter messages on Toyota's official twitter account where in some guys from Punjab and Haryana were complaining that the dealer near them is not willing to book a Diesel Fortuner for them.

Last edited by humyum : 22nd August 2022 at 21:37.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks