Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:03   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

It seems that ACI has pulled the article.

Links for the original article and Toyota's denial are no longer working.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023-screenshot_20220903190037_chrome.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:26   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Just to give an update after 3 months and 5 days of me having booked the Innova GX Auto 8 Seater Diesel.

Dealer called yesterday and said car is available at some other dealer ( I am sure its my own allotment which he is playing with) and he will give it to you only if 1.25 lakhs worth of accessories are taken.
I would have sent an email to customer care, to escalate the issue. If that gets routed to the dealer again and if there is no other way I can get a Crysta without paying that extra accessories cost, I will drop the plan and purchase something else. Such dealer attitude should not be entertained. Try out proper channels for escalation and if that does not work, drop the plan. After all, you still have to interact with such crooks for the service. If Toyota leaves you at the mercy of the dealer, then they don't deserve your money.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:59   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Some months I got a call from Toyota asking if I could send my car for this confirmity of production emission test or whatever. They wanted it for a day but I refused since I was not okay with my car being used for something like this. After that I never got a call again. As I understand it, the cars must confirm to BS6 emission standards even on a random selection basis and not only during homologation. Doesn't it even mean that my car has to pass pollution tests according to BS6 standards? If so, then I'm curious if this report by autocar was indeed true and there is some emissions issue.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:02   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Just to give an update after 3 months and 5 days of me having booked the Innova GX Auto 8 Seater Diesel.

Dealer called yesterday and said car is available at some other dealer ( I am sure its my own allotment which he is playing with) and he will give it to you only if 1.25 lakhs worth of accessories are taken.

I say, I will take some which I like but not 1.25 as he wants me to go for wooden finish and what not, that is just not my thing. I opt for Ceramic coating, engine cover, fog lights, reverse camera, mudflaps/mats, anti rust and extended warranty. All this still comes upto a 1 lakh rupees.

He says he will try and negotiate with the co-dealer guys and get you the confirmation and allotment today, haven't received one till now

If Toyota does stop their dealers from treating Indian customers like puppets, Hyryders will be Dryryders in no time. Toyota, I am your customer, not someone who is at your mercy, please have some respect in give and take mode.

Mods: Sorry for double posts, I wrote this post after sometime of making the first one, you can merge them if need be.
Same story. Mine was the top end variant but even I ended up agreeing to accessories worth 75k. Am however glad that even I picked what I thought added value like ceramic coating, anti rust, extended warranty etc…the other accessories proposed by the dealer were all just jazz….tried to avoid as much as I could.
raghuveerk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 02:26   #155
BHPian

Probably I am too rigid, but I would never budge to anything optional being forced upon me. All I promise a dealer, is ex showroom price and the TDS, rest is all my headache. Be it the car with 2 years waiting period. Escalate the issue, decline everything at last moment if need be.

It may spoil the car buying experience, but I am too righteous in this aspect. I have done it thrice successfully.
Cars being Duster, Polo, Thar....though thar I didn't eventually purchase. I have similar target for my ScorpioN booking. Nothing goes to dealer except ex-showroom, period.
Indepth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 08:03   #156
BHPian

Quote:
J
This is wrong. May be the dealer's ethics (or lack of it) coming to play.
Each order number would have a car assigned to it from factory. Get in touch with customer care and find out what is the status of your order. If it is shipped or if the shipping dates are confirmed, you will know where is car is.

If accessories are being forced, on your own order number, time to look elsewhere.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 08:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Get in touch with customer care and find out what is the status of your order.
Logically it should work. However, during my purchase (Petrol), I raised delivery status queries to TKM customer care twice because I did not receive any estimated or probable date of delivery at the time of booking. What happened was, TKM routed them to the dealership customer service, who in turn repeated what the sales executive had speculated about it. I felt surprised because the TKM should have responded directly regarding delivery rather than deflecting it to the dealer. But yes, a complaint against the dealership as in this case, might be dealt with differently.
JayG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 08:41   #158
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I say, I will take some which I like but not 1.25. All this still comes upto a 1 lakh rupees.

He says he will try and negotiate with the co-dealer guys and get you the confirmation and allotment today, haven't received one till now
You booked with Millenium, right? They’re the worst of the lot. I had booked my Innova with Wasan back in ‘14 and Camry with Lakozy back in Dec’20. Wasan was nothing great but Lakozy salesman was really good and well trained; probably because he only handled Camry and Vellfire. If you can, try and shift your booking to other dealer(might be tough due to stopping of production) but this nonsense of compulsory accessories shouldn’t be given into. There’s no sense in paying additional 1.25L for pointless accessories on an already overpriced innova!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
Probably I am too rigid, but I would never budge to anything optional being forced upon me. All I promise a dealer, is ex showroom price and the TDS, rest is all my headache. Be it the car with 2 years waiting period. Escalate the issue, decline everything at last moment if need be.

It may spoil the car buying experience, but I am too righteous in this aspect. I have done it thrice successfully.
Cars being Duster, Polo, Thar....though thar I didn't eventually purchase. I have similar target for my ScorpioN booking. Nothing goes to dealer except ex-showroom, period.
Bang on! This is exactly even how I buy our car/s. Though lately I’ve let the dealer do the registration of the vehicle since the small premium isn’t worth the headache of coordination (for me). No insurance money, no accessories ever bought from them. In fact I make a mandatory PDI visit to their stockyard and make them cry because I’m able to find so many faults at multiple levels. I never succumb to their blackmail of selling overpriced accessories. It does spoil the buying experience as you rightly said but hey, it’s our money and we need to be careful with it!

Though I must say, barring an initial phone conversation with my salesman in Lakozy Toyota during Camry purchase, the entire sales process was smooth. The salesman Nadeem was very well groomed, well spoken - Lakozy will definitely be my top consideration if I’ve to buy a Toyota again. They took me 2x to the stockyard, once for PDI & once for collecting the car and bringing to showroom for delivery. They arranged the trip in their nice Yaris sedan with refreshments in the car. I was very impressed and happy!
RJK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 09:04   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
It seems that ACI has pulled the article.

Links for the original article and Toyota's denial are no longer working.
I was surprised to see the article in the first place - knowing the influence of car makers on auto magazines. Pulling out the article - makes it more suspicious. This is concerning by Autocar India.

The whole episode of Toyota 'temporarily' discontinuing Innova Diesel - while pushing the petrol - is just very curious, even when considered in the context of the upcoming Hycross launch,

The latest emissions scandal earlier this month has further dented the credibility of whatever Toyota is saying.
https://www.ndtv.com/business/toyota...report-3216924
The investigation highlights a corporate culture issue in one of their global units, where folks dont question their bosses.

Toyota India - please come clean.

Last edited by RoadTiger : 4th September 2022 at 09:11.
RoadTiger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 11:04   #160
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Is Toyota stopping the Diesel Innova for good? If that is indeed the case, I guess they are on the move towards Hybrid with the upcoming Innova Hycross.
Keeping up with diesel emission norms has been a pain for many manufacturers, with only Kia, Hyundai, Mahindra and Tata being the only ones among mass-market manufacturers still having a major chunk of their sales from Diesel cars and that's primarily due to their SUV/Crossover portfolio.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 12:00   #161
BHPian

Quote:

I say, I will take some which I like but not 1.25 as he wants me to go for wooden finish and what not, that is just not my thing. I opt for Ceramic coating, engine cover, fog lights, reverse camera, mudflaps/mats, anti rust and extended warranty. All this still comes upto a 1 lakh rupees.

If Toyota does stop their dealers from treating Indian customers like puppets, Hyryders will be Dryryders in no time. Toyota, I am your customer, not someone who is at your mercy, please have some respect in give and take mode.

Mods: Sorry for double posts, I wrote this post after sometime of making the first one, you can merge them if need be.
Exploiter dealers can exploit only those buyers who are willing to let themselves be exploited.

If you’re anyway prepared to spend 1L Toyota Bharat Lagaan (on additional accessories), what’s the issue in spending 1.25L!?

Last edited by GoBlue : 4th September 2022 at 12:04.
GoBlue is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 21:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I would have sent an email to customer care, to escalate the issue. If that gets routed to the dealer again and if there is no other way I can get a Crysta without paying that extra accessories cost, I will drop the plan and purchase something else. Such dealer attitude should not be entertained. Try out proper channels for escalation and if that does not work, drop the plan. After all, you still have to interact with such crooks for the service. If Toyota leaves you at the mercy of the dealer, then they don't deserve your money.
I would have, but its for my mom, she has just been through cancer and the only car my father and mother so wish to have is an Innova. My father wanted to buy one since almost 6-7 years but due to where our life was back then, we could not and now after mom's cancer, their wish is all I care about.

If it were for me, I would go hammer and tong after anyone who tries to fleece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
Same story. Mine was the top end variant but even I ended up agreeing to accessories worth 75k. Am however glad that even I picked what I thought added value like ceramic coating, anti rust, extended warranty etc…the other accessories proposed by the dealer were all just jazz….tried to avoid as much as I could.
Same, I am going to pick up stuff from the bucket which adds to something, not just plain chrome and wood and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post

Maybe in my next car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
This is wrong. May be the dealer's ethics (or lack of it) coming to play.
Each order number would have a car assigned to it from factory. Get in touch with customer care and find out what is the status of your order. If it is shipped or if the shipping dates are confirmed, you will know where is car is.

If accessories are being forced, on your own order number, time to look elsewhere.
I am thinking, does Toyota not read Team-bhp at all? Or does Toyota not care what the dealers do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
You booked with Millenium, right?
It's tough with the closure of bookings, Imagine this, we have waited since May 28th for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Exploiter dealers can exploit only those buyers who are willing to let themselves be exploited.

If you’re anyway prepared to spend 1L Toyota Bharat Lagaan (on additional accessories), what’s the issue in spending 1.25L!?
I got the leash to something which could fit things that I would have probably purchased at a later date, I am just forcefully doing it now. Although I agree to your point about exploitation, guilty as charged.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th September 2022 at 21:56. Reason: fixed quote
humyum is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 12:27   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
[url]
This is disturbing if true. I would expect Toyota to be upfront and honest about these sort of things….
I can not expect Toyota for upfront honesty. I recall the incident of unintended acceleration cause by the electronic glitch in US market. Toyota shamefully blamed that to the sticky carpet. Seriously? Later they had to recall mullion of vehicle when Authority passed on their judgements.

Sudden stoppage does raise some suspicion. On curious note how other company are managing emissions in their smaller 1.5L diesel that too in smaller cars. These cars should be checked as well for conformity of performance (COP).
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 16:26   #164
BHPian

While it maybe true that the Toyota Innova might have failed it’s emission tests, I personally doubt that they would be callus/arrogant so as to screw up their most successful model. Toyota sells diesels the world over, and the technology for cleaning up the exhaust gases must be uniform across their range of engines. I don’t think they’re lacking the technical expertise to achieve the emission targets. If the 2.4L in the Innova has failed to pass, then even the 2.8L in the Fortuner might be at risk too. However, at least as of now, we see no signs of such an occurrence.

I have it on good authority that the Toyota Hycross (A monocoque with a Petrol Hybrid, Toyota being the king of Hybrid tech) has been spotted at the plant, and it’s launch in the coming months is all but guaranteed. Toyota has been known to discontinue their best sellers suddenly, and retool the plant for it’s replacement.

Now on to pure speculation on my part, my imagination working overtime..
I think that the discontinuation of the diesel, and continuation with just the petrol Innova is a way for Toyota to gauge the market for a Petrol powered MPV. If the Innova continues to sell, the replacement might not get a diesel at all or at the very least, the Innova might just be fully discontinued.
If the petrol Innova proves to be a sales dud (which by all accounts it seems to be), they will either shoehorn a diesel into the Hycross or continue the diesel Innova (while updating the engines to meet BS-VI.2 emission norms).
AnAvgJoe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 22:53   #165
BHPian

I tried to clicking on the Autocar India's news link but it seemed to have vanished in the thin air. Maybe Autocar India guys got too excited with the news of Innova diesel. Innova diesel is the bread and butter model for Toyota India. I'm sure Toyota will certainly do their research before axing it for good IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks