Team-BHP - Which one ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which one ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2559-one.html)

Hello Friends,

I am planning t buy a car but need some help from you guys. Out of Santro, Plaio (Which model?), Indica or Zen which one would you choose for better performance and interiors and why ?

Thank you

hi,
i have a zen so obviously i will vote for a zen,the fuel efficiency u get from a mpfi zen is terrific.also good for city use ,but cramped rear seat,and an almost zero dicky.i feel
the new zen is not as attractive as the older version.

the santro zing is alsoa good car .it has more room in the rear .but the ride is not that great. but thenm there must be something about it ,that it sells more than the zen or palio or any other car in its segment.

the palio is a superb car.but since we are obsessed with fuel efficiency figures and given fiat's great service records ,i wud not go for it.but the ride and handling is superbbbbb.

the indica diesel must be the one u r considering .it is likea bike when 3-4 people are travelling as its fuel consumption figures are unbeatable.i have a an indica as my office ka car.so whenever i have to go on long official trips ,i drive while my driver rests on the left side.u have to get 20+kpl figures on the highway at 80-100kph.the ride is okay but then a truck maker will always make a truck.

i think u can get the base indigo if u cud xtend ur budget.

this is wat i feel ,but the zen is the besttttttttttt

Shamish,

It really depends on what the purpose of your new car is. If it is primarily city limits with the very rare burst on highways, I would suggest the Santro Xing to you. Its got room, reliability, low maintenance..and will offer a trouble-free ownership experience to you.

However, if you are looking to travel on Indian highways often...then safety and ride quality must be of primary importance. Just go for a Palio and you wont be disappointed.

GTO

Thank you GTO,

I am going to drive a car in Mumbai and once a month on highways. If you are suggesting me Palio then which model is better ?

Regards

In case you go in for a Palio NV ELX is the best model it has got all the goodies that you expect.

If time isnt a constraint I think you could wait for the GETZ which is due for a launch in JUNE/JULY before you make a decision. But I think its going to priced on par or above Ford Flair. (I read that piece of information in Economic times)

Don't go with Pailo! You don't want to own a bit better car and waste all your time in ### (if something goes wrong)!

1. Santro
2. Zen
3. Indica (Poor gear shift)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jonathan @ June 05 2004,00:41)]Don't go with Pailo! You don't want to own a bit better car and waste all your time in ### (if something goes wrong)!

1. Santro
2. Zen
3. Indica (Poor gear shift)

i would reccomend a palio or a wagonR.
my brother faced a dilemma recently and i did a close up study of these 2 cars and i personally think the palio is better .
since you live in mumbai
u will most probably get it from anuroop or angad or shaman of which i like shaman the best then anuroop.
well i too own a palio and it service and overall a.s.s has improved a lot.
so there should be no problem of getting the car and then wasting all your time in the ### that is IF there should be any problem in the car.
i vouched for the palio as its bigger and safer not to mention more sturdier and comfortable.
it has adequate power and with the rite shoes is an awesome drivers car.
the interiors are also good.
i think you should go for the sport or ELX version.
btw . the FE is marginally less than santro and a bit more than the indica.

the wagonR too is bigger and safer than the santro and has marutis a.s.s which is good as long as you stay away from sah and sangi which just butter the customer up before he makes his choiuce and dump him later.
also the wagonR has the best combination of poewr and FE.

i am not reccomending the indica unless you want its diesel engine version whose plus point is only the FE.
the car keeps on having small niggling problems here and there.
also the palio a.c and looks and comfort and driveability and FE is more.
even the quality of the plastics is superior.
the indica is only marginally bigger.and faster.

if you want a sedan why dont you look at the fiat petra petrol or diesel.
the both are awesome.

the santro too is a good car but i prefer the palio and the wagonR over it.
but it is a much better option than the indica.

but in the end its up to you to make ure descision so i suggest you go for a drive of these 4 cars and make up your mind

cheers
lamborghini

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jonathan @ June 05 2004,00:41)]Don't go with Pailo! You don't want to own a bit better car and waste all your time in ### (if something goes wrong)!

Nothing could be further than the truth. Most people who have never sat in a car are the first to criticize it when they get a half decent oppurtunity. Anything can go wrong with any car.
The Palio is an excellent car which is only sadly let down by poor service. I have a siena for the past two years and i have never faced a problem with it, even with the service centre. I have friends who own the s10 palios and love every moment in it. I test drove the zen and santro and they felt like undernourished country cousins when compared to the solidity of the Palio. Its not a 'bit better car'. Its the best car for the amount of money you pay for it. No rattles, no squeaks, nothing falling in your lap when you go over than mountain of a speed breaker.
Fuel efficiency is a niggling problem for some. But its a heavier car as compared to others.
The choice is ofcourse yours. Do take test drives of all the cars you consider.

Very good points you made there Lambo. And yes, shaman is the way to go if you plan on a Palio. I got mine thro Anuroop, and have no hassles with them yet. But from what i have heard, Shaman is a better. But not to worry. You warranty for the Fiat will be honored in any authorised dealership that you go to.

Thank you guys. You all have made very good points. Can you please suggest me which model of Polio should I consider and which engine like 1.2 or 1.6 ? If Petra is 4.75 ex showroom then what would be the road price ?

What about the resale value of Fiat cars ?

Cheers

Shamish

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If Petra is 4.75 ex showroom then what would be the road price ?

petra is 5.14lakhs all inclusive on road..bombay

palio's do pretty well in the 2nd hand market

i think the indigo,petra 1.6 and the wagon r vxi shud be the ones u r looking for.
or else wait for the getz crdi.
palio is a good car but service is raam bharose :

Well the resale value of any car falls pretty soon coz the car makers keep on bringing in newer models or adding new features every now and then. if you plan to keep the car for atleast 5 yrs, dont bother abt the resale price, coz none of the cars presently available will keep their value in the future. Just go ahead and enjoy your car.

the petra is for 5.14 on road but anuroop auto also has a siena 1.6 el going for rs 4.7 on road
the siena is the older named version of the petra and has the same featuresd.
so i suggest you go for the siena and just re badge it a petra.
it will please both you and anuroop
palios have begun to do well in the 2nd hand market but there are still some people who sell their palios 1.6 gtx for less than 3 laks.
for eg some guy is trying to sell his 2002 palio 1.6 done 23000 km for rs 2.75 that to its negotiable.
incase any one is intrested i have his no.

anyways
go for a fiat and i trust that you wont be wrong in your decision .

cheers
lamborghini