Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 19:25   #61
OEM
BHPian

Mitsubishi Motors on overdrive???

Guys
Check this out

Mitsubishi's Montero @ Rs 36 lakh - Sify.com

The Montero AT version is launched at Rs.36 lac (+ change).

After the small car segment, this might just be what the doctor ordered for the luxury segment.

What say you guys!!!!!!
Old 31st March 2008, 19:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcandle View Post
Yes but... at the price they are selling it at???? It too much for the car it is.
Prado Diesel is even more expensive and the interior doesnt exude that quality finish like in Montero.
Old 1st April 2008, 10:59   #63
BHPian

So finally we have 1 more SUVish vehicle with AT! Wish and hope that soon we will have an AT option in sub 20 lakhs price trag category of SUVish vehicles. No hopes from Tatas but Mahindra, Mitsu, GM should do well with an Auto option. Suzuki already has one.
Old 1st April 2008, 12:51   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Prado Diesel is even more expensive and the interior doesnt exude that quality finish like in Montero.
totally agree with you here montero certainly beats prado here
Old 30th April 2008, 23:29   #65

hey guys,
u pple seem to be keeping track of the montero since long. i am planning to buy one...well my father is. now our options are the BMW X3, the Volvo XC90 and the Mitsubishi Montero. Agreed the BMW has the badge, the extra muscle, the badge (i mention it twice coz its that important!), and the over all funky feel with the push button ignition et al but is it worth the extra 10L i ll be dolling out for it over the montero? the montero does seem to be well equipped and must be a sturdy car( given it weighs abt 3 tons). now i would go for the BMW but my father wants to consider the montero..so can anyone give me any advice? your pearls would be greatly appreciated!!
cheers
Old 1st May 2008, 00:04   #66
BHPian

The 2008 Montero is definitely a better deal than the X3, looks much more butch and quite modern, and has better space and kit. It also is totally different from the previous generation, so don't form opinions based on that, interiors and feel are now much better.
and yea, it is a lot more rugged as well. I'm personally not a big fan of the X3, its not really a SUV and it fails to be anything else, and the only thing that goes in its favor is the BMW badge. Having said that, you will get more looks from the X3 any day, so go for zat is the badge matters most. I'm not sure about the XC90 as I never Test Drove it, but looks pretty dated to me compared to these two..will definately be the most unique if you opt for it i guess, havent seen one on the road in delhi.
On a side note I've heard good things about the rockford system in the Montero if you are the kind that likes to keep their car stock.
Old 1st May 2008, 14:00   #67
BHPian

Hi Saurabh,

Both, the X3 and the Montero, being CBU's are overpriced by atleast 6 - 10 lacs each. That said, the choice in in the Monteros favour:

1. Size : It is a size bigger than the X3 and is more spacious on the inside too.

2. Ride Quality : The Montero has excellent ride quality while the X3 is known for its stiff bone jarring suspension.

3. Reliability : It is safe to presume that the Montero will be more reliable in the long run. The construction is much simpler. Plus, the ownership costs will be lesser too.

4. Offroad capability : Montero beats the soft-roading X3 hollow here.

If badge matters to you, then its the BMW. For everything else, the Montero it is.
Old 16th July 2008, 00:10   #68
BHPian

Hey GTO, are u sure the Ownership costs would be less in the Montero , than the BMW X3?

I heard as the Montero is totally CBU, and so are its parts, they will be quiet expensive. Or is it that the BMW spare parts are way too expensive, in general?
Old 16th July 2008, 10:45   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Both are CBU; I'd say BMW parts will be far more expensive in any case. Also, the Montero has a simpler constuction and comes made-in-Japan. I am certain that the Montero would be cheaper to maintain in the long run.
Old 16th February 2009, 23:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Best SUV in India is still the Toyota Landcruiser Prado 120 NG, VX. Nothing compares to it in reliability and performance.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:46   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just an update for whoever missed it on the LC thread : The HM idiots have priced the Montero at an unreal 48 lakhs! They ought to write a book on "how to kill a perfectly good product".
Old 17th February 2009, 15:24   #72
BHPian

I was told from the local Mistu guy that a facelifted version is expected soon. Don't know the reason for the high-price but could it be due to sudden surge of Yen against Rupees in recent months (from around 35/100 yen to 54/100 yen)

However CR-V, LC Prado are yet unchanged. Makes me confused ...
Old 6th March 2009, 01:20   #73
BHPian

I think the Mitsu Montero should NOT be compared to the Toyota Landcruiser Prado just because they are in almost similar price bracket. because I had read somewhere that the Monetro is comparable to the Big Landcruiser and not the prado. it falls in the category of the big SUV's like the Big Landcruiser, Lexus LX 470 and so on.

I have no experience with either of the suv's mentioned here but I think that the Montero makes more sense as you get a fully laoded, full sized Diesel SUV which is still cheaper than prado which comes in petrol only and that too more expensive.

also I think that SUV's which are not good offroad doesn't make any sense. you'd rather go for a sedan in that case. so in that case the Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5-X6-X3, Volvo XC90, Audi Q7-Q5.. all dosen't quite make sense if you cant take it off road and on top of it they demand a premium over the sedans (which are better on road) of the same brand and they are also are way less fuel efficient. they are just super expensive soft-roaders (dont like this term much) which are niether better than the sedans nor the real offr oaders. they kind of remind me of the "Dhobi ka kutta.."

Dont get me wrong because I am facinated by the Cayenne and the X5 myself but then I think that if you are paying for a big bad SUV then you should have no limits with it. should be able to take anywhere. cross rivers and climb mountains and make your own road! thats my idea of buying an SUV. like the Pajero, Montero, Prado, Landcruiser, Land rover, Range Rover, hummer H2 etc. I was also wondering how does the Lexus LX 470 or the new LX 570 perform offroad? because it looks pretty Bulky. and also the VW Touareg?

I was also wondering that is it possible to Petefy the new Montero?? and have anyone any experience with the Montero AT yet? how is the pickup and overall performance compared to the manual version?
Old 6th March 2009, 04:51   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
I think the Mitsu Montero should NOT be compared to the Toyota Landcruiser Prado just because they are in almost similar price bracket. because I had read somewhere that the Monetro is comparable to the Big Landcruiser and not the prado. it falls in the category of the big SUV's like the Big Landcruiser, Lexus LX 470 and so on.
Not true mate. The Prado and Montero are sold in the same category. Priced and Sized similarly. The Landcruiser 200 series and the LX cost almost twice as much and are much bigger.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:26   #75
BHPian

The Mitsubishi website shows that the Montero's prices have been slashed by nearly 4 lacs. But even after an year of updating the vehicle, the site still shows the details of the pre- facelift car. At sub- 40L, the Montero is an abzolute steal. Might have taken the cue from Mercedes ML price revision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks