Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 22:06   #1
BHPian

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade

Prelude:
After residing in the ‘dream city’ of Dubai for over 5 years, my transition back to Mumbai was an unexpected one. The negative impact of COVID on our business meant that we had to temporarily shut our Dubai operations in early 2021 and in the process, I ended up parting with my beloved Volkswagen Arteon. Selling the Arteon after merely a year of ownership had left a gaping void in my heart, it was quite simply the best car I had ever owned. Apart from this, never did I imagine that re-adjusting to Mumbai would be so hard, Dubai’s world class road infrastructure and car culture had truly spoilt me.

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-picsart_012810.08.31.jpg

Back in Mumbai our trusty duo, a 2012 Suzuki Swift ZXi and 2012 Skoda Superb TSi continued to serve my family well. Despite doubts over the Superb’s long-term reliability, we continued to keep this car far longer than planned. I had recently uploaded a brief post regarding our rather pleasant ownership experience with the B6 Superb. Here is the link:https://www.team-bhp.com/news/2012-s...5000-kms-later

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-20220703_115034.jpg

The need for change:
Ever since my return to Mumbai, I felt the urge to get our Superb replaced with something new and thus began our quest for the ‘ideal upgrade’. With a budget of 25L to 55L (on road cost) for the Superb’s replacement, we test drove nearly everything available in this price range over the past year. Cars we checked out included the Hyundai Alcazar, Tata Safari, Mahindra XUV700, Jeep Compass & Meridian, Toyota Innova Crysta, Fortuner Legender & Camry Hybrid, Audi A4, etc. What initially started as a search for something ‘different’ ended up being a whole circle back to the Skoda dealership.

A superb choice:
Our preferred choice from the Skoda line-up was the updated Kodiaq, after all it’s basically a more practical version of the Superb. The higher ground clearance and tall seating made it a sensible choice for our roads. The dealer however mentioned there was a one year plus waiting period for the Kodiaq, but the new Superb could be had in approximately a month. One test drive later we took an instant liking for this beauty! We felt it was a lovely improvement on the existing formula (space, pace & grace) and screamed value for money like no other at this price point. The raised suspension and softer ride quality was highly appealing to us given the road conditions in our city. My mother however was keen on getting an SUV this time and was rather disappointed to know we were getting another sedan. She only kept calm after we promised that our Swift would be replaced with an SUV, phew!

As known to everyone on this forum, Skoda offers a new cognac interior option for the 2022 Superb L&K. Even though the dealer did not have a car with this interior shade on display, we felt it looked rather tasteful based on the few media images available online. We finalized on the ‘Moon White’ exterior shade, as this was the only way to have the cognac interiors.
The booking process went ahead without any hiccups, our good old B6 Superb was sold off shortly and we waited patiently for the promised delivery date of our new B8 Superb.

Come delivery day, I was hit with a wave of nostalgia upon seeing our new Superb in this shade of white, it was remarkably similar to my Arteon. Additionally, the two cars share a lot of similarities on the mechanical front as well, such as chassis, engine, gearbox, and several other internal components.

Since it has only been a week of ownership, I will be restricting this post to a few beauty shots of our new Superb. Kudos to fellow BHPian GForceEnjoyer for sharing a rather spectacular & detailed review of the new Superb, as a fellow Superb owner I completely agree with all the pros and cons listed by him. I will be sharing more details of the ownership experience in due course.

The below pictures were taken by my good friend & professional automotive photographer Nikit Ghosh. For this photoshoot we focused on capturing the timeless design of the B8 Superb at some classy locations in South Mumbai, we also captured a few shots of the ‘new for 2022’ Cognac interiors. Since there aren’t any detailed pictures of this interior-colour on this forum, I thought these images might help potential buyers in making the right decision. Cheers!

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8820.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_9047.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_9029.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8969.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8963.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8951.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8912.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8915.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_89092.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8938.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_8943.jpg

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-img_9014.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 31st August 2022 at 10:28. Reason: Removing Instagram ID. Thanks.
Nair.V8 is offline   (108) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 22:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade

Wow, that’s such a classy looking car. And interiors look so much premium with that colour. Wish you many miles of safe drive.
Out of curiosity, what was the engine specs and power output of your VW Arteon?
sunikkat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 22:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Since it has only been a week of ownership, I will be restricting this post to a few beauty shots of our new Superb. Kudos to fellow BHPian GForceEnjoyer for sharing a rather spectacular & detailed review of the new Superb, as a fellow Superb owner I completely agree with all the pros and cons listed by him. I will be sharing more details of the ownership experience in due course.
Thank you very much, glad to hear that you found it helpful. Those are some drool worthy pictures. Absolutely beautiful choice of car with an equally beautiful choice of interior colour. I half wish it was available with the Lava Blue shade too! Great review. Wishing you many years of pleasure with your Superb and looking forward to future updates.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 30th August 2022 at 22:44.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 22:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Wow, that’s such a classy looking car. And interiors look so much premium with that colour. Wish you many miles of safe drive.
Out of curiosity, what was the engine specs and power output of your VW Arteon?
Thanks for the wishes sunikkat!
My Arteon (Sport variant) had the EA888 2.0TSi mated to a DQ381 7-speed DSG. Power output was rated at 280hp and 350Nm, the car was also equipped with 4motion and DCC. The official zero to hundred time was a commendable 5.6 seconds! I had slapped on a few 'warranty friendly' mods such as a BMC air-filter and a custom made UGR catback exhaust (with valve remote) just to spice things up!
Nair.V8 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 08:57   #5
BHPian

Re: A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade

If I am not mistaken, this interior option was the only one available with massaging seats for the driver right? Is that so? What has your experience been with that feature?

That's truly an ultra luxury feature not even car's 2 segments above have
sauravpat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 10:01   #6
BHPian

One word. WOW! I’ve always loved
brown interiors and used to drool over the okapi brown that the a4 has. I wish they would give it for the octavia too.

Last edited by robby0707 : 31st August 2022 at 10:17.
robby0707 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 15:11   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post

The below pictures were taken by my good friend & professional automotive photographer Nikit Ghosh. For this photoshoot we focused on capturing the timeless design of the B8 Superb at some classy locations in South Mumbai, we also captured a few shots of the ‘new for 2022’ Cognac interiors. Since there aren’t any detailed pictures of this interior-colour on this forum, I thought these images might help potential buyers in making the right decision. Cheers!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4554728 (Skoda Superb : Official Review)

Are these new Cognac interiors a one-off batch like the Coffee Brown ones in the Q1/2019 Superb, or here to stay for good?
Attached Thumbnails
A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-photo20190305150231.jpg  

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-photo20190305150230.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 31st August 2022 at 15:14.
itwasntme is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Thank you very much, glad to hear that you found it helpful. Those are some drool worthy pictures. Absolutely beautiful choice of car with an equally beautiful choice of interior colour. I half wish it was available with the Lava Blue shade too! Great review. Wishing you many years of pleasure with your Superb and looking forward to future updates.
Thank you GForceEnjoyer. My friend Nikit has done a fabulous job with the photos, I might just frame some of these in the near future. With regards to the Cognac interior shade, I'm sure it would look great with Lava Blue and some other colours too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
If I am not mistaken, this interior option was the only one available with massaging seats for the driver right? Is that so? What has your experience been with that feature?

That's truly an ultra luxury feature not even car's 2 segments above have
Hey sauravpat, As mentioned by you this does have a massage-function for the driver’s seat. Here are few notes on this new feature:

• The button for the massage-function is positioned on the RHS of the driver’s seat. This replaces the button which was earlier allocated to the 3rd memory seat position.
• The massager given here is a very basic unit that utilizes the existing lumbar support to gently stroke the drivers back along the length of the spine.
• I did find it comforting as it helps to stretch & relax the back after an extended period behind the wheel.

Overall it definitely adds to the luxury quotient in what is already a rather luxurious package.
A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-whatsapp-image-20220901-12.56.11.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
One word. WOW! I’ve always loved
brown interiors and used to drool over the okapi brown that the a4 has. I wish they would give it for the octavia too.
Hi robby0707, this shade would totally suit the Octavia as well! Hope Skoda-India decides to offer this option in the near future (fingers crossed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4554728 (Skoda Superb : Official Review)

Are these new Cognac interiors a one-off batch like the Coffee Brown ones in the Q1/2019 Superb, or here to stay for good?
Although I'm not 100% sure itwasntme, I do think its a one-off batch for this year. In any case, as per recent new reports the Superb & Octavia may exit the Indian market early next year. Sigh!
Nair.V8 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 13:56   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

News just in!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5392070 (Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023)
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 09:27   #10
BHPian

Maybe current generation will end, making way for upcoming versions.
Just read at Autocar.

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-screenshot_20220902092442_brave.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 10:53   #11
BHPian

That is a handsome looking car! Great job by @GForceGnjoyer in capturing the beauty of the car! Happy and safe driving this beauty!
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:09   #12
BHPian

Dear Nair. V8,
Congratulations on the new Skoda Superb. Fabulous images. Attaching the pictures of our car (apologies for the poor quality, those were captured in the yard before the delivery). Please keep updating.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-0f6c1b47d7244a198511bc9b5955a527.jpeg  

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-4db79c547ff546a086968dcc1c308430.jpeg  

A closer look at the 2022 Skoda Superb's ‘Cognac’ interior shade-d93c07480b7544d7859c4325a8f2323f.jpeg  

Last edited by Dr ST : 2nd September 2022 at 11:24.
Dr ST is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Dear Nair. V8,
Congratulations on the new Skoda Superb. Fabulous images. Attaching the pictures of our car (apologies for the poor quality, those were captured in the yard before the delivery). Please keep updating.

Regards
Thank you Dr ST. Congratulations to you as well on your new Superb!
Nair.V8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks