Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki...... Liana (ESTEEM) !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki...... Liana (ESTEEM) !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2567-maruti-suzuki-liana-esteem.html)

Well..... Here it is the new and improved verson of Esteem Its totally renovated weather is it Exteriors or interiors

Have a look

any dates on launch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ June 07 2004,16:33)]any dates on launch?

try March 2010!!

All Maruti has lined up for the Esteem is a face lift...and we all know what that means!

Rtech

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ June 07 2004,17:14)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ June 07 2004,16:33)]any dates on launch?

try March 2010!! * *

All Maruti has lined up for the Esteem is a face lift...and we all know what that means!

Rtech

Well, it was supposed to be launched mid, 2004 but as no date has been announced, therfore it`s truely uncertain.... light of hope can be seen uptil next year when maruti suzuki is going to start it`s diesel engine production in india !!

2f2f

I doubt Maruti is pro-active enough to get this car in by end-2004. For now, they will make do with the Esteem (I dont know how many more years they will push this utterly outdated car through the showrooms)

The Liana could probably give the new Honda City a run for its money. Its got the same tall stance, a decent fuel-efficient engine, good interiors....Sigh, Maruti!!!

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 07 2004,20:44)]The Liana could probably give the new Honda City a run for its money.

And to me it looks just a bit better too...

I won't even trade my WagonR (ya the same car that looks like a box) for the new city!!

the car in silver looks amazingly similar to indica
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I won't even trade my WagonR (ya the same car that looks like a box) for the new city!!

beneath that odd ball looking shape of honda is a very fantastic car. You have to experience it...like you i was a staunch hater of the looks but the amazing practicality & value the car offers is mind blowing..believe me you'd want to trade ur wagon R (that looks like a box:D) for the new city

Certainly.. No doubt NHC is a great Car

Guys doesn't it look like the old Indica at front and like the Lancer at the rear??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 07 2004,20:44)]The Liana could probably give the new Honda City a run for its money. Its got the same tall stance, a decent fuel-efficient engine, good interiors....Sigh, Maruti!!!

but people would still buy the city over "life in a new age"

same reason why people choose santro over wagonr

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Certainly.. No doubt NHC is a great Car

Yepp, Most refined in it's class 'at the moment'.
And yea the side lines of this Liana are similar to the NHC. It also has that cockroachish look.. (ooops!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (2fast2furious @ June 08 2004,10:03)]Certainly.. No doubt NHC is a great Car

It is a major hit in singapore and Malaysia - plenty of them all over the place

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ June 08 2004,13:41)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (2fast2furious @ June 08 2004,10:03)]Certainly.. No doubt NHC is a great Car

It is a major hit in singapore and Malaysia - plenty of them all over the place

It is !! *Also, after a few modifications it really looks good and attractive

Here`s few mods i found online.

This is what i say V.F.M. Great Looks as well as Great Engine with Great Performance !!

Front looks great...... it really looks qewl !!!!! *

2f2f

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ June 08 2004,11:46)]Guys doesn't it look like the old Indica at front and like the Lancer at the rear??

You just echoed my thoughts! I was discussing the same with Shantanu last night.
The rear lamps look much like the Lancer's. The front is pure Indica.

Well I dont think this car is going to be launched in India soon. I guess the Ignis will be the next model to be launched from Maruti and that they will launch only after gauging the response for the Getz.

I feel all the maruti models have become a bit dated and all they are doing in just changing over to Clear *Head Lamps and calling it all new *

New Diesel engines are only available from 2006 and god know when the enw models will be launched . Sure only after mid 2005

Ignis though would be a real good car !!