Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 12:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh

Mod Note: Our Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Volkswagen has announced the launch of the Taigun First Anniversary Edition. The SUV is available with the 1.0L turbo-petrol engine in Dynamic Line and Topline trims.

Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh-rising-blue.png

The Taigun First Anniversary Edition comes with special badging, fog lamps, body-coloured door trim, black C-pillars, black roof foil, door-edge protector, black ORVMs, window visors and aluminium pedals. The car is available in a new shade of Rising Blue along with Curcuma Yellow and Wild Cherry Red.

Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh-rising-blue_2.png

The First Anniversary Edition is powered by the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm. It is paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Volkswagen also offers the Taigun in the 'GT Line' trim. This top-spec variant comes with a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 148 BHP and 250 Nm. This engine is mated to a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2022 at 11:12. Reason: Link to report added
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 12:14   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh

It was time VW India launched the Rising Blue colour in the Taigun for India as well, considering they were exporting the same for sometime now…

Although not being available in the 1.5L GT is a bummer!

Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh-f9416198a93c45ec832e691c2a0a4d17.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 12:20   #3
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh

VW decals department is back! That's the first special/limited edition for the Taigun. At least 20-30 more to come

But that blue shade looks really classy. Is it the same as in Virtus' blue?
anshumandun is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 13:11   #4
BHPian

No update on their website yet. Shows the enthusiasm from the company.

Wanted to check other angles to see if they have gone overboard somewhere. From the above pics, it looks fine. The C pillar graphic isint too gawky. And other elements look well integrated.

Lately the focus on maintaining their websites hasnt been good. I remember back in heydays of VW 1.0, their online information and site updates were on point. In today's digital age how can they get lax on these things.

On a related note, I remember that 1.5 was actually launched a month or so later than 1.0. So is there an anniversary version planned for that too? A dark version would be nice.
vivekz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 13:17   #5
BANNED

Here is detailed info on the same. As expected, all the additions are dealer level fitments only.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh-img20220902wa0040.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh-screenshot_20220908131619_acrobat-samsung.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh-screenshot_20220908131625_acrobat-samsung.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 13:31   #6

This means taigun is not selling well, all these special editions and cosmetic enhancements says that VWs 2.0 strategy has failed miserably. Even on roads I see kushaq’s but very few taiguns. Same goes with slavia vs virtus. Also I have heard from friends that Kia, Maruti and Mahindra dealers are asking customers to go and test drive taigun/virtus in hot conditions and check AC so now even layman know that there is problem with AC.

Indians need complete package not just sorted engine and transmission.
prakhar30 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 15:16   #7
BANNED

Last month's factory dispatches at 1019 speaks a lot about the success of this car. During many discussion session within my circle (Pune/Delhi city) about- what they looks in a compact SUV segment and why they choose a particular car?

The answer would surprise many, most answers indicates that they considered Just Nixon, XUV300, Brezza, Sonnet for their compact SUV purchases. Other cars like Taigun, Kushaq, Magnite, WRV, Kiger etc are not even considered worthy.

Taigun however in my opinion is very well balanced car, nicely engineered, city friendly due to small size (aka raised premium hatch) BUT while shopping the size does matters even in the compact sedan segment. When one is getting a bigger car why will they shop for VW + Other offers much more in term of features or safety or availability (ASS).
Old 8th September 2022, 16:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar30 View Post
This means taigun is not selling well, all these special editions and cosmetic enhancements says that VWs 2.0 strategy has failed miserably. Even on roads I see kushaq’s but very few taiguns. Same goes with slavia vs virtus. Also I have heard from friends that Kia, Maruti and Mahindra dealers are asking customers to go and test drive taigun/virtus in hot conditions and check AC so now even layman know that there is problem with AC.

Indians need complete package not just sorted engine and transmission.
You exactly portray what majority of Indians think like, "Jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai/accha hai". This anniversary edition doesn't show that Taigun isn't selling well, it shows that it has completed a year in India, there's no hidden meaning behind it. And as long as VW is satisified with the Taigun's sales, what bothers you? Should they do 10k sales per month to be proven worthy?
Mate, they are facing a lot of chip shortages right now. The Brand Director of VW said it clearly that the Taigun's demand is 50-60% more than what they're able to sell right now, but the chip shortage isn't helping them. It's better to understand the current scenario of the world rather than judging the "success" of a product. I hope you know about the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia and how it has affected the world's economy
Also, after reading your statement- "Even on roads I see kushaq’s but very few taiguns. Same goes with slavia vs virtus", it just shows that you aren't aware of the fact that Skoda switched their 10-inch touchscreens just to tackle the chip shortage! You really are unaware of the conditions right now.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 8th September 2022 at 16:38.
TechnoBloop is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 16:38   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India has launched the Taigun First Anniversary Edition, with prices ranging from Rs 15.40 lakh to Rs 16.90 lakh.

Volkswagen Taigun 1st Anniversary Edition launched at Rs. 15.40 - 16.90 lakh-smartselect_20220908120252_facebook.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th September 2022 at 16:42.
Old 8th September 2022, 17:31   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Also, after reading your statement- "Even on roads I see kushaq’s but very few taiguns. Same goes with slavia vs virtus", it just shows that you aren't aware of the fact that Skoda switched their 10-inch touchscreens just to tackle the chip shortage! You really are unaware of the conditions right now.
Maybe I am unaware mate, no worries. But it’s not like only VW is facing chip shortage, every manufacturer is dealing with it. I just posted what I see on roads. And this is my pov that special editions are there to generate hype for the lost limelight- case in point tata vehicles. Have you seen XUV700 or Thar or Hector or Creta come up with 1st year anniversary edition?
prakhar30 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 18:59   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Maybe I am unaware mate, no worries. But it’s not like only VW is facing chip shortage, every manufacturer is dealing with it. I just posted what I see on roads. And this is my pov that special editions are there to generate hype for the lost limelight- case in point tata vehicles. Have you seen XUV700 or Thar or Hector or Creta come up with 1st year anniversary edition?
You're correct we haven't seen those. But we definitely have seen it with Seltos and Sonet. Nothing they needed to, but still did.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 19:15   #12
BHPian

Maybe it's just me or that font of "1st" that they chose to put on various parts of the car is extremely cheap looking? Heck, even the Legend badge of Polo was much more appealing to my eyes. Even Jeep was doing fabulous job with anniversary edition. Even the anniversary edition badge of the 2nd gen City looked much more appealing and premium. Skoda does a much better job with fonts and special edition stylings IMHO.
Old 8th September 2022, 19:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I do agree that VW isn't the only one facing chip shortages. But I can definitely say that they might be the worst affected brand due to the shortage.
Coming up with 1st annniversary edition isn't a big deal buddy, they just wanted to do something in honor of the Taigun completing 1 year in India, so they came up with an anniversary edition. It's not necessary that VW should do the same things that Mahindra/Hyundai/Kia are doing.
Well, VW India making a lot of editions is not a big surprise since we have seen how many editions they made for the Vento. But I doubt they will do the same with Taigun, maybe now they're aware of the fact that sticker jobs and bumper modifications won't help the cars sell much, if they want sales they need to come up with proper facelifts!
Now, that said, they did come up with a beautiful new color. So I guess that is a smart move made by them!

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 8th September 2022 at 19:45.
Old 8th September 2022, 20:11   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe I am unaware mate, no worries. But it’s not like only VW is facing chip shortage, every manufacturer is dealing with it. I just posted what I see on roads. And this is my pov that special editions are there to generate hype for the lost limelight- case in point tata vehicles. Have you seen XUV700 or Thar or Hector or Creta come up with 1st-year anniversary edition?
The prime reason is that VW has priority markets as they sell around 9 million cars per year worldwide whereas Mahindra's primary market is India only. As per my reliable sources, VW will dispatch 3500 units this month and the situation will be alright in October for the infotainment screen & digital cockpit shortage. A big dealer in Punjab with 4 VW dealerships got only 60 cars from the plant and has a backlog of 200 orders. Second, VW got more orders for Virtus GT than they anticipated and the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war has hampered the production of 1.5 TSI in India.
Sunderdeep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 20:22   #15
SDx
BHPian

I was hoping for more features rather than an accessories package on achieving 1 year of sales in India without increasing the price.

To be more specific and greedy , addition of push button start stop (KESSY) and LED headlamps to 1L Taigun Highline. Or any other feature/s which is available on Virtus Highline however missing from Taigun. May be an auto dimming IRVM while they were at it.

Also, fix the AC issue!

Last edited by SDx : 8th September 2022 at 20:30. Reason: Somehow forgot to mention the AC issue.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks