Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spied testing: 7-seater based on Citroen C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
--

The 3rd row seats look like copies of the Renault Triber 3rd row.--
Rear seat is best suited for kids.

Quote:
Never been so close to Bertrand. Checking out third row of C3 Aircross which is quite a squeeze.
Spied testing: 7-seater based on Citroen C3-screenshot-20230428-124649.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:02   #137
Senior - BHPian

I feel Citroen has made the same mistakes that Honda did with their Mobilio. There is a good reason why Maruti, Tata and Hyundai, Kia manage to crack segment of cars costing above 10L and some manufacturers miss so obvious things.

First, the interiors have been lifted from the cheaper C3. Masses are immediately going to perceive this as a 'cheaper' alternative to competition. Indians don't like their cars being perceived cheap or cost efficient.

Tata, Maruti and Hyundai never use the exact same dashboard across all cars, and definitely stay away from putting cheaper car's interiors into a car one segment above. If it all, it should trickle down from higher segments to lower ones. When the second gen Ertiga was launched, Maruti smartly chose to have a new design instead of picking one from the new Dzire as they new the car have moved one level above.

Secondly, since this is the 'Aircross' version, the car should have ideally taken elements and design cues (or at least matched) from the C5 Aircross. This would have given buyers a feel that the car is a toned down version of something premium. The C3 Aircross ends up as a souped up version of a cheaper car. See how Tata is taking design elements from Harrier and pasting it in the Punch or upcoming Nexon.

As we Indians say 'So do so jydaa lele' (take a few more bucks from me), but give me projectors lights, Automatic climate control and make me feel good. Time will tell if this will sell or not. But my guess is, it won't.
NiInJa is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:06   #138
BHPian

Quite rudimentary when you look at the other offerings in the segment. Even a Nexon seems to have better overall value. Unless they can reproduce their magic ride quality (which is their biggest USP) this looks like to be another dud.

Why does Citroen feel the need to dig their own grave?
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:44   #139
Senior - BHPian

This gives an upgraded Triber vibe which is not a bad thing at all. Primarily would be used as a 5 seater mostly with a big boot & occasional use of extra 2 seats for short trip/s. Am hoping the ride quality is similar to C5, that would be a solid USP.

Somehow I loved the exterior. The stance, 200mm GC, alloys and the white with blackened roof looks pretty proportionate. However the feature list just leaves a lot to be desired. If I were to pick this up, some basic additions would be non-negotiable :

1. An automatic transmission. No AMT please. Either a TC/CVT.
2. Keyless entry-go.
3. Automatic Climate Control.
4. A solid GNCAP score. Stable bodyshell with 4* atleast.

I mean its 2023, but seems Citroen is still in 2012/13 looking at their feature-list

110hp/190Nm might not be path breaking numbers but if you look at the price point this is being expected at, most of the competition have similar numbers. Kushaq & Taigun have a 1.0L turbo churning out 114bhp/178Nm. Creta/Seltos 1.5NA makes 113hp/144Nm. Hyryder/G.Vitara mild hybrid make 103hp/138Nm.

In short, its almost at par. Hence, performance should be adequate for the price-point IMHO.

Last edited by SoumenD : 28th April 2023 at 14:01.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:44   #140
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C3 Aircross product video

Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 14:19   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
110 HP Turbo charged Engine is a good offering. And there's novelty factor..
Absolutely true. The 1.2L Turbo charged engine should develop atleast 130-140BHP to be relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
If the price of C3 Aircross is targeting Nexon/Sonet/Brerzza , I'd just choose the Citroen as 3rd row usability must not be a question.

And if they target the Crerta/Seltos range, this is DOA.
How can the price the car at sub 4M category when clearly they have a longer car. It will have to be priced at greater than 4 meter cars as it will fit into the same category.
Old 28th April 2023, 15:33   #142
Senior - BHPian

It appears Citroen is testing the waters with the customer response with a soft launch. The car looks well designed. But, correct pricing is the key.

Let's hope Citroen prices it correctly, and makes it analogous to the Magnite of the CSUV segment.
Old 28th April 2023, 15:46   #143
BHPian

Will pick this any day over Creta - on the grounds of safety, looks and brand
the only grouse is no Automatic, now that is a sin in the current market.

I really with the 'C' succeeds
Old 28th April 2023, 15:47   #144
BHPian

The car appears handsome and has well-proportioned dimensions suitable for its target market. However, the engine specifications seem average based on the numbers alone. As always, the pricing will be a crucial factor in determining its success in the market.

Slightly off-topic, I recently came across the new Citroen dealership which has come up beside the national highway in Mangalore. I decided to visit and check out the C3. I was pleasantly surprised by the enthusiastic SA who attended to us. After taking a test drive, I returned impressed. The SA also gave us a tour of the showroom and the service center, which appeared well-equipped and organized.
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 16:39   #145
BHPian

This is a cheapened product and has to be priced cheap for it to have a reasonable sales number. As for this being a Creta competitor, even Citroen can day dream.

Personally, in the last two decades, any manufacturer that has tried to cut corners by cheapening product quality has not seen sustainable success, barring Maruti. And unless this car is priced cheap, there is no reason why it will not meet the same fate. Good luck to Citroen!!!
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 17:59   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

This will sell if top end does not exceed 12L (Ex showroom).
12L for top end is not happening ... the sheet metal and platform also has a cost ... just because the veiicle has missed out on visible features doesnt mean it has to be cheap ...

we have seen how air purifiers on wheels have broken into 3 pieces on inpact.

Yes the general expectation is it must be priced competitively and value for money but certainly nkt cheap.
sagsaw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 18:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
12L for top end is not happening ... the sheet metal and platform also has a cost ... just because the veiicle has missed out on visible features doesnt mean it has to be cheap ...
I sincerely hope that is true. But if history is anything to go by, Groupe PSA are quite shameless about stripping down safety performance for emerging markets. Not too far behind Suzuki and HMG. They have been stripping global products for Latin America for a long time - both structurally and in specification - so I'm not sure I want to imagine how a "made for India, Brazil, Africa and ASEAN" product will turn out. I would love for my suspicions to be proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Everyone said Nissan Magnite is poor ... it scored 4 star safety

Looks and at actuals are different
If you go through the latest GNCAP protocol document - which, mind you, has been out on their website for more than a year before the C3's launch - you will se that based on its equipment alone the C3 cannot presently score more than two stars. Also, it's not about feel - Stellantis (both Fiat and PSA) has a really lax attitude to safety in emerging markets and they are yet showing no signs of even attempting to improve it like, say, Nissan or General Motors did.

Last edited by ron178 : 28th April 2023 at 19:10.
Old 28th April 2023, 19:03   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
I sincerely hope that is true. But if history is anything to go by, Groupe PSA are quite shameless about stripping down safety performance for emerging markets. Not too far behind Suzuki and HMG. They have been stripping global products for Latin America for a long time - both structurally and in specification - so I'm not sure I want to imagine how a "made for India, Brazil, Africa and ASEAN" product will turn out. I would love for my suspicions to be proven wrong.
Everyone said Nissan Magnite is poor ... it scored 4 star safety

Looks and at actuals are different
sagsaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 20:03   #149
BHPian

It looks smashing for sure. Citroen hasn't put a foot wrong when it comes to design and looks. NA engine is decent, Turbo is good. Remember Triber comes with a 3 Cyl 71 hp NA engine.

Finally, all depends on how they price it.
Bhokal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 21:05   #150
BHPian

I was in a meeting in Pune and the meeting happened to be in the same building which housed a Citroën showroom. Out of curiosity, I decided to take a look. I was pleasantly surprised at the paint quality and the finishing of their C5 and even C3. Having said that, as a consumer it's not my radar as a brand. Peugeot, Renault with its Logan and now the Citroën. Just don't trust the French.

Last edited by invidious : 28th April 2023 at 21:05. Reason: Grammar
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks