Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 13:56   #1
BHPian

Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof

TaMo introduces a new automatic variant : XMA + Sunroof = XMAS at 18.5 Lakhs Ex-Showroom. Corresponding manual variant XMS is priced at 17.2 Lakhs Ex-Showroom.

Website updated with details: https://cars.tatamotors.com/suv/harrier

Some more key differences I could find on website variant comparison
  • Panaromic Sunroof
  • Reverse Camera!
  • Support for AA and Apple Carplay!
  • 8 Speakers
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Rain Sensing wipers
  • Electrically foldable ORVMs

Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof-harrierxmsdbanner.png

Last edited by r24x7 : 16th September 2022 at 14:09. Reason: Added website
r24x7 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 14:00   #2
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
TaMo introduces a new automatic variant : XMA + Sunroof = XMAS at 18.5 Lakhs Ex-Showroom. Corresponding manual variant XMS is priced at 17.2 Lakhs Ex-Showroom.

Website updated with details: https://cars.tatamotors.com/suv/harrier

Attachment 2358729
Makes it a better alternative to XUV700 AX3 Diesel (AT/MT) when you factor in discounts , deleted features from AX3 and shorter wait period harrier xmas makes a good case for itself.
BleueNinja is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 17:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
The image also shows machined alloys. Is that also included in XMS? In that case, this would really be the variant to go for.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th September 2022 at 19:31. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 16th September 2022, 23:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some more key differences I could find on website variant comparison
  • Panaromic Sunroof
  • Reverse Camera!
  • Support for AA and Apple Carplay!
  • 8 Speakers
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Rain Sensing wipers
  • Electrically foldable ORVMs
Honestly - I have always felt the XM was a bit too bare-bones for the price & was just a variant to upsell to XT/XZ.
Now with the addition of Android Auto/car play capability and the lovely AT - I think the XMA makes for an impeccable variant. Something that can easily pull back XZA customers. And more importantly - it appears quite a well priced package. Plenty of goodies thrown in. Definitely will win over XUV7oo customers that don't want to wait - and some. The looks coupled with this package, suddenly make it a good proposition.

If it was a desperate move by TaMo to retain customers - it is a good one & kudos to them for reacting so well to the market dynamics.

If it was a well planned and timed launch, that was lined up since many months already for the opportune moment - take a bow TaMo.
(Its remarkable since hardly ever have we seen TaMo plan ahead well or react fast enough in the past.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th September 2022 at 23:39.
Reinhard is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 07:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof

Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants at Rs. 17.20 lakh & Rs. 18.50 lakh - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 07:47   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenkay91 View Post
The image also shows machined alloys. Is that also included in XMS? In that case, this would really be the variant to go for.
From the website it doesn't seem like it. They must have really used the '*for representation purpose only'. Remember the Nexon XMS too had the advert with alloy equipped.

Ofcourse kudos to the manufacturer to adopt to customer demands and act accordingly, but sad at what our market has become. I remember getting into my uncle's brand new 1999 Corolla and wondering what the 'AIRBAG' written on the dashboard and steering wheel meant, when it didn't even have power windows.

Yet, here we can see Nexons and XUV300s without rear wiper or defogger but has a sunroof.

Just adding what I saw yesterday. Don't want to assume, but guess the owner really needed that roof rack, but it is crazy that one can't have a decently specced variant without having a sunroof.

Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof-img_20220916_182016_mp.jpg

But my brother said this maybe a good idea. No coconuts, stones, boulders to be scared off. No kids able to poke their heads out of the roof.
Wait. This is a good idea!
DicKy is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 08:24   #7
BHPian

re: Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof

Festive season launches are here !
Is this variant having 8.8" screen? Does that means top end variants might receive newer infotainment units soon ?
Old 17th September 2022, 12:48   #8
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Festive season launches are here !
Is this variant having 8.8" screen? Does that means top end variants might receive newer infotainment units soon ?
Nope. The XMS and XMAS continue to have the 7" floating display , similar to XM/XMA variant.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 13:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Something that can easily pull back XZA customers.
I don’t think that someone inclined to buy XZA would be deterred by these additions made in XMA or XMA-S. XZA is primary opted for because of 6 airbags and few other specifications. A XZA buyer can upgrade to XZA+ or settle for XTA+ but I don’t think they will go for XMA.

Someone unwillingly stretching their budget for XT variant can definitely settle for XM now.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 17th September 2022 at 13:51.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 16:06   #10
BHPian

If I was looking at the seltos or creta this would definitely be on my radar.
sid3091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 18:35   #11
BHPian

Interesting how tata keeps on bringing new variants or adds 1 or 2 features in existing variant to make it more relevant.

Found this relatable meme on Tata motors

On a separate note, they should have postponed launch of XMAS variant to 25th December!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof-rdt_20220917_1825426047057368884934715.jpg  

Last edited by manpreetsj : 17th September 2022 at 18:41.
manpreetsj is online now   (36) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 10:06   #12
BHPian

I was considering buying a nexon ev, but after dealing with two TATA dealerships, I feel dejected. Very unpolite and callous attitude by the sales team. One was better that the other, still not comparable to other brands.
anilntny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 11:30   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I was considering buying a nexon ev, but after dealing with two TATA dealerships, I feel dejected. Very unpolite and callous attitude by the sales team. One was better that the other, still not comparable to other brands.
When i hear these stories i always wonder what is going through their minds. I mean, if they want salaries, they should make sure their employer is performing well right ? What makes them feel it is ok to not care about customers.

Personally I have had interactions with multiple showrooms across Kochi and Bangalore. My car is 10 years old and some parts are hard to come by, especially some body parts. Even for a Rs 500 part, they have been very co-operative. They send mails to multiple dealerships and eventually get the part. Recently the plastic skid plate on the Dicor broke off and the part was not available anywhere. They contacted the part vendor with the help of Tata Motors and made sure they shipped it to me. So ya, i am a happy Tata customer. But then, i see too many people getting annoyed by the attitude of the sales guys. This is worrying.
DieselAddikt is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 11:40   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
When i hear these stories i always wonder what is going through their minds. I mean, if they want salaries, they should make sure their employer is performing well right ? What makes them feel it is ok to not care about customers.
Maybe some commission from the nearby other car Brand showroom to keep customers away from Tata products.. just kidding
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 13:29   #15
BHPian

With quality issues and their pathetic service experiences which are being reported, its very difficult to put my earned money on TATA cars even though they are good...
When I go on a vacation with my car to a remote location I need peace of mind, nothing else !

peace
sulliavi is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed