Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 13:21   #196
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi - Price
The official price is here - Ex-showroom 20.2 Lacs.!!!

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 10th October 2008 at 13:27.
Old 10th October 2008, 13:54   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
where did u get this info from? - about the launch of the 2.4GV.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post966125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
I do not remember exactly though at what price Grand Vitara was launched 3-4 years back and how much they slashed it to push the sales.
The current gen 2.0L GV was launched last year in India, no price change since launch. The earlier GV was 2.7L V6 on a very different older chassis, can't compare with the current GV.
Old 11th October 2008, 09:27   #198
BHPian

Mitsubishi Home

Lots more explanation of the features and check out the accessories..
Old 11th October 2008, 10:55   #199
BHPian

Theres also Mitsubishi UK Accessories site, it has GBP prices to give rough indicator of what's available and at what price.
Mitsubishi-Motors UK Accessories / Outlander Accessories
Old 11th October 2008, 11:46   #200
BHPian

Hey guys,

The main reason for the similar pricing to the CRV is b'coz of 3 reasons

1. Mitsu must have invested heavily on the assembly line and don't expect to sell too many cars. (target is about 100 cars a month) and the localization is less than 10%. In order to recover the investment costs in a (unexpected) tight economic situation must have forced them into lower sales targets and set slightly (only slightly) higher sticker price.

As the yen strengthens & the demand for the outlander increases, local content will be increased and when the crv gets pricier, the outlander might hold.

2. The Mitsu is loaded. The following are what u get over a CRV.
HID (xenon low beams), Key less entry and go (no need to take the key out of your pocket, just walk close open doors and fire the ignistion). 650 W Rockforf Fosgate SOund System (plays MP3), Sub woofers, Selectable 4Wd, CVT with (preset 6 Speeds) via ****ronic & Paddle Shifts, AWC (4 wheel Traction Control), cigerette lighter with tray, cruise control, Multi Info Display with Service reminder and requirement indicators, Intermittent Wiper with varying speed, Ambient Temperature Display, Auto headlamp leveller, auto headlamp turn off, 1 touch tumble type fold up function for rear seat. Pinch sensitive power windows, Headlamp Washer, Heated front seats (not very useful though)

Cutting some of the above is very cheap trick by Honda to keep the price low. 1 would expect most of the above features in car on the other side of 20 lakhs.

What u get in the CRV and not in the Outlander are Dual A/c, Steering adjust for reach Aux in for Music (not sure if the Mitsu has it), Sunroof (not very useful), Indicators on wing mirrors (replacemnt mirrors are quite expensive).

I would appreciate 6 airbags on either cars but sadly both offer only 2.

Clearly the mitsu gives more bang for the buck.

The Mitsu certainly looks distinct, unlike the typical crossover SUV styled Honda.

But given Honda's brand image in India, I feel the Mitsu may JUST, and only just, be a lakh too many.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:44   #201
BHPian

the outlander also has parking sensors.
Old 11th October 2008, 17:04   #202
BHPian

Are the parking sensor only for the rear, or front as well ?
Old 11th October 2008, 18:08   #203
BHPian

parking sensors are only for rear.
Old 11th October 2008, 19:37   #204
BHPian

Hey..
Really a great car to buy and appreciated in Auto shows & magazines.
The roof is made up of Aluminum to reduce weight and height of C.G.
Old 14th October 2008, 21:47   #205
Senior - BHPian

Guys here are pictures of the Outlander that was on display at a mall in Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Outlander coming. EDIT : Now Launched, Specs on Pg 6!-outlander-fr.jpg  

Mitsubishi Outlander coming. EDIT : Now Launched, Specs on Pg 6!-outlander-side.jpg  

Mitsubishi Outlander coming. EDIT : Now Launched, Specs on Pg 6!-outlander-rear.jpg  

Old 15th October 2008, 01:01   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,

Since I am looking at buying a car in the USA, i have been doing some research.
I was primarily looking at the CR-V v/s the Outlander (both second hand).
I have not driven these cars as yet but just want to give in my input based on what I have read.
According to Consumer Reports (ConsumerReports.org - Find Product Reviews and Ratings from Consumer Reports), both the Outlander and CR-V are rated as much better than average in terms of reliability.
Also, the Outlander was rated better on rear seat space, handling, features/amenities.\, whereas the CR-V was better off road, had a slightly better ride, transmission. (According to Car and Driver, Feb 2008 issue - CR-V beat the Outlander by 11points out of 260 if I am not mistaken).
Old 15th October 2008, 12:12   #207
Senior - BHPian

@lamborghini : Thanks for the info. The story of CR-V is very different in India and US. Although both have same body but on featurs front the Indian CR-V is a stripped down version of the US CR-V. Whereas The Outlander have almost similar featurs.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:20   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
the Outlander was rated better on rear seat space, handling, features/amenities.\, whereas the CR-V was better off road, had a slightly better ride, transmission
It is amazing how contradicting different reports can be. Many other reports had suggested that Outlander has a better ride and better offroading abilities but CRV scores in handling. Even in India CRV is known for sedan like driving dynamics but stiffer ride.
Old 15th October 2008, 13:11   #209
BHPian

i cant believe the consumer reports website rated the crv better off-road than the outlander.

the crv with AWD and only 20% power that can be transferred to rear wheels and that too automatically, CANT be better that the outlander which has a proper 4WD system.

does anybody else have the same opinion?
Old 15th October 2008, 13:17   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
i cant believe the consumer reports website rated the crv better off-road than the outlander.

the crv with AWD and only 20% power that can be transferred to rear wheels and that too automatically, CANT be better that the outlander which has a proper 4WD system.

does anybody else have the same opinion?
I too suggested to a relative to go in for an Outlander instead of CRV due to better off-roading capabilities after reading about it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks