Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 11:08   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The facelifted model is not even into production. How will HM start selling that in India when its unavailable everywhere?
I agree on that but its not good for people buying such expensive cars. No one want to buy a car which will get a facelift in may be 1 or 2 years. Same is the story with VW Jetta. They are showcasing next generation Golf in international market and in India they have just launched the old model Jetta.
Old 13th September 2008, 13:51   #62
BHPian

There is a black Outlander outside Mitsubishi motors in Camp. This might be the same one that ajnagpur had seen a few days ago. The one I saw still had all the pre-delivery protective sheets that are on the body (transit sheets to prevent scratches on the body).
Old 13th September 2008, 15:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
There is a black Outlander outside Mitsubishi motors in Camp. This might be the same one that ajnagpur had seen a few days ago. The one I saw still had all the pre-delivery protective sheets that are on the body (transit sheets to prevent scratches on the body).
Can you get some photos? It would be great to see black Outlander. Also tell how did it looked, was it compairable to CR-V?
Old 13th September 2008, 20:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Can you get some photos? It would be great to see black Outlander. Also tell how did it looked, was it compairable to CR-V?
Didn't get any photos as I was driving and traffic was murder. Even if I was walking, I don't think the photos would have come out good as the car was sandwiched between two other vehicles. As I had posted, it was covered in protective wrap. The only reason I am positive it was an Outlander is because of its unusual front end compared to other Mitsubishi's.
If you live local to Camp, it might be worth walking by to get a better look of the vehicle.
Old 17th September 2008, 22:02   #65
BHPian

Just found a nice photoshop of the Outlander on IAB. It consists of all the styling elements of the current-gen Lancer

The Outlander will be Mitsubishi’s trump card and there is a fair quota of chance for it to topple out the CR-V and claim the record of the lead selling premium SUV in India in under a year. At least if things go properly.
Erected on the Lancer platform, the SUV was exhibited to the Indians at the Delhi Expo in January this year. This 5-seater will arrive with the petrol engine which the Hyundai Sonata Embera uses at present which will be wedded to a 6-speed manual transmission and also to a costlier flappy-paddle gearbox.
With Macpherson struts up front and multi-link setup backside, the Outlander will be qualified to do a skilled job on the tarmac and equally well off it. The car will be assembled in India, which will be one of the key factors for its lower cost, compared to the Honda CR-V and the Chevrolet Captiva. We have to wait until next month when Mitsubishi unveils it to know the precise pricing and trims. So until then, stay tuned to IAB
Indian Autos blog IAB Exclusive- Renderings of facelifted Mitsubishi Outlander due for Indian foray
Old 18th September 2008, 09:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Damn good !!! But on a serious note, if it is priced in the CRV territory with petrol engine, will it have any edge?? We at team bhp have no doubts that this would be a feast but then 90% of car sales happen with people who does not know anything about cars and respect only Badge. Mitsubishi is very much like in league of FIAT at least in India. They have to price it very carefully.
Old 18th September 2008, 16:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustshrawan View Post
to topple out the CR-V and claim the record of the lead selling premium SUV in India in under a year.
My bro i think u not been updated on sales figures its not CRV its Ford Endeavour & GM's Captiva is the front runner in India interms SUV sales.

Endeavour - 2252(YTD) as of July'08
Captiva - 2191(YTD) as of July'08
CRV - 1718(YTD) as of July'08.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar7778 View Post
My bro i think u not been updated on sales figures its not CRV its Ford Endeavour & GM's Captiva is the front runner in India interms SUV sales.

Endeavour - 2252(YTD) as of July'08
Captiva - 2191(YTD) as of July'08
CRV - 1718(YTD) as of July'08.
Ouch! Thats a hit in the stomach for Honda. Wake up honda before its too late.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Ouch! Thats a hit in the stomach for Honda. Wake up honda before its too late.

Better still & launch the deisel version of the CRV What is Honda waiting for ??

Cheers
Old 19th September 2008, 17:27   #70
BHPian

Outlander @ 30 lacs

Outlander to be positioned between Pajero and Montero. Price range is around 30 lacs

Source: Hindustan Motors to launch SUV in Indian market- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 19th September 2008, 22:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Oh great.there goes another great car down the drain because of hindustan motors stupid marketing strategy.
Old 19th September 2008, 22:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

30 lacks? Ouch, that hurts! Will never be able to see one on road in our city like the Montero. :(
Old 19th September 2008, 23:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

For the so-called "Phenomenal" sales that the Montero had, the Outlander should be yet another HM-Mitsu vehicle that's going down the drain, if they price it at 30 lakhs.
Old 19th September 2008, 23:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

HM never ceases to amaze :-( 30l for locally assembled Outlander vs 20l for imported CRV ? Don't know if one should laugh or cry if they were waiting for a eco SUV option !

Hope the price is misreported as 30l
Old 20th September 2008, 08:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

Well its confirmed that it'll be between the pajero and the montero for sure.The sales manager of HM has been quoted in The Hindu today.
so it'll be priced between 20 and 30 lakhs for sure.
So thats it for the outlander.it'll land right out of the range of people who would have bought it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks