My Boys all ready for the Pooja.

Happy Dussehra everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Ayudha Pooja for automobiles-boys.png  

ARCHANG3L is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 21:43   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ayudha Pooja for automobiles

Guess I'm an odd one out from South India here. Or to be more accurate - perhaps I hail from a family that belongs to a particular Vaishnavite sect that doesn't perform Ayudha Pooja for automobiles.

Well, we believe that there is only Sri Narayana as the One entity from whom springs all things in the universe. As Sri Ramanujar (and his generations of appointed disciple Acharyas) taught us, we needn't bow before any other persons or objects. Certainly, we don't disrespect these other persons/objects, but we don't pray or revere them.

Acts of prayer or expressing reverence is reserved for Him only.

Thus it comes to be that I only worship my vehicles 365 days a year through preventive maintenance and empathetic driving (i.e., driving in a way that doesn't harm the vehicle). My FNG mechanic knows that I have him investigate every single squeak and rattle. There's a baffled Nissan mechanic in Connecticut to whom once I willingly gave my erstwhile SUV for a proactive $2500 maintenance job and still left him a 5 star Google review.

So yeah, there it is. It feels strange to lay down my religious beliefs on a forum where it is forbidden; but it is worth recording and letting people know, that there are those of us down South who don't perform Ayudha Pooja on their vehicles.
locusjag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 08:16   #49

Happy Dussehra everyone.

Here is a picture of all my machines in one frame.

Ayudha Pooja for automobiles-dussehra.jpg
GMReddy666 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 10:54   #50
BHPian

Ok, a little bit of religious philosophy from my end

When we clap and cheer up in front of the television when Rohit Sharma hoists a six, does it mean that we are cheering for the TV set? The TV set is just a medium to allow us experience an occasion. The adulation is for the sportsman, not for the TV set.

When you kiss your daughter's image on your smartphone's screensaver pic, are you expressing your love towards your smartphone or towards your daughter?

When a 'rationalist' politician garlands the photograph of his mentor, does he express his respect towards a cardboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post

Acts of prayer or expressing reverence is reserved for Him only.
This statement is clearly Dualism. Most Hindus practice Advaita (non-dualism) which means the Creation is same as the Creator, they are not independent of each other. All the visible universe is a manifestation of the creator Himself.

Like the billion odd bacteria which colonise my intestines, who live and die several times inside me, are made entirely of me and surrounded by nothing but me, but lack the necessary sense organs to see, feel or understand me in entirety and which can be completely destroyed when they cross their line forcing me to take a single course of antibiotic, we live in this universe fitting in several biospheres, where everything we see and feel are the Creator Himself (who is not the omnipotent and benevolent singular male God, but an inert Paramatma who permeates into everything living and non living, known and unknown. The Paramatma is inert because He/She is the sum total of everything positive and negative in this universe/multiverse).

This Paramatma, we further classify into visible (matter) and invisible (energy), of which the energy is personified as the feminine (Shakti) which is being celebrated during Navaratri.

Last edited by Geta : 7th October 2022 at 11:05.
Geta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 12:01   #51
BHPian

Here are my Ayudhas on pooja day

Ayudha Pooja for automobiles-dusterayudhapooja2022_2.jpeg

Ayudha Pooja for automobiles-dusterayudhapooja2022_5.jpeg

Whether someone believes in pooja or not, as car lovers it's an occasion (and a compelling one) to adore and pamper them, moreover wives don't crib for spending whole time there
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 16:13   #52
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Here goes my vehicles pooje pic.
I was alone at home and it was handful washing all the vehicles alone. But none the less, made sure to do a decent job and finished customary pooja.
Attached Thumbnails
Ayudha Pooja for automobiles-20221007_161019.jpg  

Last edited by HTC : 7th October 2022 at 16:17.
HTC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 23:05   #53
h14
BHPian

Customary lineup for Ayudha Pooja

Ayudha Pooja for automobiles-img_20221004_173817_374.jpg

Last edited by h14 : 12th October 2022 at 23:18.
h14 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed