Team-BHP - New / Used Car.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New / Used Car. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2578-new-used-car.html)

well we are plannin to get a new small car, and in small car segment fuel efficiency is top priority and then the running costs following it. i want to get a lancer or a city as well if i get a good car in the used car segment too. i am lost whether to buy a new small car or a bigger used car. my dad goes on about the lancer being too exp. to maintain and i duno bot citys. wonder if i can get a VTEC now for under 5 laks. GTO how much did u get your used city VTEC for neways. plz help me out. if i do go in for a bigger used car i know the fuel effienct part goes but still then i can mod the car right lol. so help me out here ppl. ppl with WAGON R, NEW ZEN, LANCERS, CITYS & ESTEEMS, plz help me out since these 4 are all i am looking at now. even esteem i guess ne clue when new esteem is out. is the liana goin to be new esteem or wht ?

Jesal,

The best part about buying a pre-owned luxury car is that the depreciation rates are sky high. Just heard of two December 2003 new-shape Accords going for 10.5 lacs.

I got my Vtec for way over 5 lacs, but there are plenty 2001 Vtecs available for between 5 and 5.25 lacs.

Let someone else take the sour taste of depreciation. Go in for a used Vtec - You dont regret it. My Vtec is treating me so well that I dont consider it pre-owned at all. Rather it was pre-worshipped!

Dont worry about the fuel efficiency bit. The Vtec is extremely frugal on fuel, if driven with a light foot (Impossible if you ask me). Maintenance costs are next to nothing, and you shouldnt expect too many repair bills either...keeping legendary Honda reliability in mind.

GTO

ummm well i like the vtec too but the point is how do i know if its worth that particular car. i want a car under 5 laks for sure. last yr there was a vtec i saw for 5.5 white and only 10000k on it i was so tempted lol. dunno the problem is vtec is hard to find and i dont want a car driven more than 10 or 15 k's on it. doesnt make sense then lol. and the heavyfoot part i guess ill chill with it for now. lol. wht yr is ur vtec neways gto can i have a look at the pics plz.

my choices for now are NEW wagon-R & NEW LOOK ESTEEM or used honda city VTEC under 15000k done nice colour also

Here is the link to My Vtecs pictures

It will be very difficult to find a 2001 Vtec under 15000 kms. 30000km is more realistic.

GTO

Hmmmm... GTO u share the same philosophy as my dad.
He too prefers second hand as its cheaper and more importantly when u sell the vehicle u don't lose as much as u do on a new car.

Well i own both the Wagon R as well as the Vtec. As far as FE goes, the Wagon R surely is better in city conditions but get this, on the highways......the Vtec proved to be much more FE.

The Wagon R maybe less powerful and light but the sheer box like design creates so much air resistance above 80kmph that the whole idea of a light FE vehilce is lost.

For carrying luggage and other stuff, the Wagon R is anyday better. It's easier to drive and park in crowded areas.

If you plan to use the vehicle mainly within city limits then you wouldn't be doin justice to a car like the Vtec. In this case the Wagon R will turn out to be a better car.

Maintainence wise, the Vtec goes hand in hand with the Wagon R.

In the 37+kms i've done on the Vtec, i've never paid more than 3000 for any of the services.

The usual paid service comes to RS. 1200-1300.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Shan2nu,

How much has it cost you to maintain the Vtec so far vis a vis the Wagon R? Have they run identical mileages as of right now?

GTO

go for VTEC if u get a good buy..

One thing you gotto remember about buying a larger car though Jesal, is that your insurance premium is much higher. Ofcourse, you can get the minimum 3rd party, but i wouldn't recomend that. A full comprehensive cover on a lancer or Honda would be close to 8,000Rs. pretty high.

If you gonna use it only inthe City, a smaller car would be better. If you want performance too, get the 1.6 Palio.

second hand Honda VS New Wagon R

insurance premium is dependent on the value insured and for the depreciated amount (worth devaluing coz insurance wont pay up more than the depreciated value in case of any eventuality) the insurance premium will come down every year, so this wont make much diffrence

maintanence the Honda and Wagon R quite similar, Honda City 1.3 and Wagon R in my family has clocked the same amount of mileage 25k kms and bills varry between 1.2k to 3k on both and yes the Honda service is better ie the general maintanence (dont want to comment on accident repairs, its damn costly the body parts. rear bumper, fender and rear dicky door replacement costed whooping 75k Rs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 10 2004,20:06)]How much has it cost you to maintain the Vtec so far vis a vis the Wagon R? Have they run identical mileages as of right now?

Well the Wagon R is still new in terms of mileage. It's done just 9K kms.

But when i say maintainence, i mean including everything. The Vtec has done 37+K kms with no major damages.

The Wagon R on the other hand has had some problems with noise comming from the front callipers.

The first paid service bill came to around 1100 which is similar to that of the Vtec. Considering the price of the Vtec, we expected it to be double the maintainence costs.

My 40K service is due this month, will have to see how much they charge. I'm sure this time around the 3000 barrier will be broken as the spark plugs will be replaced.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]insurance premium is dependent on the value insured and for the depreciated amount (worth devaluing coz insurance wont pay up more than the depreciated value in case of any eventuality) the insurance premium will come down every year, so this wont make much diffrence

exactly..& for a 3yrs old honda i suppose the premium would be around 13-14k.
Maintainence wise honda's are not that expensive but denting & repairing is bloody expensive.

aright thx for ur helpz pplz. i did go to maruti today and a wagon R is comin for 430000 on road . somehow i dunno y i think thts a lot. did go hunt for vtec or lancers. but none where there. lancers were there but 65k+ done and im not paying 5 laks for such a used car . so lets see friend does have delivery of his corolla soon. saw the octavia lauren & klement as well thts a nice car. i gotta patav my dad for a bigger car or mayb even the FABIA. lets see, as far as wht i saw today there is no juice at all in the small mart. maruti has 4 of them, fiat has 1, opel has 1, wht else is left useless martket i say. lets see im workin on it. went looking for cielos as well today hopeless all of them under 1 lak

hey pplz goin to see a 03 vtec today, will let ya know when i come back