Team-BHP - Meru Cabs in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Meru Cabs in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/25790-meru-cabs-mumbai.html)

Iv been noticing a couple of Esteems used as cabs in the city lately and today while going through bestofbombay.com I found somthing about Meru cabs which runs a fleet of 300 Esteems and has plans of taking that number to 1000. Iv also spotted a few Indigo Marina cabs but am not sure if they belong to the same company

Some of the advantages Meru Cabs has over other regular cabs are

- Each car is equipped with a GPS receiver so that the car can be located from a central location

-Each car has an umbrella, first aid kit and an FM Radio

- Travel in an airconditioned Esteem instead of an ancient Fiat

- Book your cab online or on the phone

- Option to pay by card

- Cab cleaned every morning

- Printed receipts

Im not sure how much the regular cabs charge but these cabs charge Rs. 15 for the first kilometer(regular cabs charge 13) and Rs. 13 for every additional kilometer.

Bestofbombay.com - Your guide to nightlife in the city of Bombay - Lifestyle

Car Rentals - Mumbai Car Rentals and Cab Services : Meru - Rely on us

Yep, lots of them plying in South Mumbai. These cars are well maintained Esteems with Global Positioning Systems.
Talked to a driver. All one has to do is call and the cab nearest to that locatin will respond.
There's another private agency like Meru - Golden Cabs or something. It's got yellow Marinas and Esteems. Not sure if their cars have GPS.

Yes Meru and Gold are the new cab services in town. I called up Meru cab, but they were accepting only advanced bookings. 300 cars is not enough, we need more.

Drifter

The other company is Mumbai GoldCab run by Fulora foundation. It consists of a fleet of Esteems, Indigos, Indigo Marinas and Versas. Plans are also on to add Lancers, Corollas, Citys to the fleet. These taxis currently are red and yellow in colour as they are draped in ads of a popular radio station.

Meru taxis are green Esteems with a "Taxi" board on the roof and "Meru" stickers above the rear wheel.

Pics sourced from Meru official site and wordpress.com

these cabs are great for trips to the airport and other trips where you know in advance what time you need to head out. Also, they are not that much more expensive than regular ramshackled black & yellows. On my last trip to the airport, a regular cab charged me Rs.275, while a Gold cab cost me Rs.300. I would gladly pay the extra Rs.25 for a house pickup, AC, comfortable, safe, faster and cleaner taxi.

This is indeed a good news provided they don't charge a lot extra than the regular taxi's. :Cheering:

All yellow and blue taxis I have seen are safely parked under the Anushakti Nagar flyover. Guess like everything else, these cabs also cater to the South Mumbai posh crowd.