Team-BHP - Not ONE single Maybach sold yet!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Not ONE single Maybach sold yet!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2580-not-one-single-maybach-sold-yet.html)

Late last week, I remembered this article on the cover-page of the Mid-day. Not one single Maybach has been sold yet. The owner of Manikchand and Mukesh Ambani have bought a Maybach each, but had apparently placed their orders for the Maybach even before the company started its Indian operations.

The only thing that wasnt clear to me from the article was whether Maybach has not had a single sale in Mumbai...or the whole of India.

Heres a link to the Original Mid-day Article

GTO

hi gto
when i clicked on the link
it showed the heading "costliest car has no takers in the city" so i guess its just bombay,

I checked out ..there is not a single Maybach sold thru any Indian dealer in bombay or any other city...

People are suddenly displaying their normal behaviour:D
Will get to know the real story by next week.

When the Maybach was launched, I did read in the UK press that the head of an indian petrochemical coglomorate had ordered one. Looks like this is the one

i'm really happy to hear this. looks like people are coming back their senses. i wouldn't be surprised if some of them read Revv's earlier post on how many cars you could buy for the price of one car and sobered up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] i wouldn't be surprised if some of them read Revv's earlier post on how many cars you could buy for the price of one car and sobered up.

I'd be honoured to no end if it were so ported head.

Maybe i could apply for the post of godson with one of those richies.

Now where did i keep my darn resume...

At the risk of sounding like an old man...I have to say that 6 crores on a car in a country such as India is just plain ridiculous! I mean, if you had to spend that on automobiles, there are just so many others you can get. (as discussed in a seperate thread).

india really is the country of extremes...on one hand we have farmers killing themselves because they have no money and are in debt...then on the other hand we have people ready to shell out insane amounts of money for a car that can seat 4 people (albeit in great luxury) and costs more than, well, I guess 3 villages put together!

But hey, I'm not here to judge, so whatever!

Rtech

Ah,
Looks like people finally realise what POS maybach is,

Keep it up indians, Buy the Bentley or RR phantom,
Ban Maybach,

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ June 07 2004,14:48)]india really is the country of extremes...on one hand we have farmers killing themselves because they have no money and are in debt...

or for the reaon that the cm has offered a fat amount of cash for the kith and kin of the dead

How come we are being so prudent? If a chap from our country would buy a mclaren f1 at this moment of time, we would be oohing and aaahing at his choice. Never mind that the mclaren would also cost in the region of 6 crores or surely even more. It doesnt matter how many cars 6 crores can get you, when u can afford to spend 6 crores on a single car.

thats pretty wierd
anyway the amabnis got their maybach but there is this other maybach also which is parked at samudra mahal in worli.
any idea whose it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Never mind that the mclaren would also cost in the region of 6 crores or surely even more.

Yes, its more. Factor in the 1.1-1.3 million dollar price tag of the car. Lets assume its 1.3 million dollars. Which is Rs. 6 crore. Then factor in the duties, taxes, octroi and registration@8% and the price is close to Rs. 15 crores.

Honestly, 6 crores is a bit too much to invest on a car that isn't a sportscar, but just a glorified S class. I am sure a few might not agree with me on it, but honestly, if you really need a comfy and fast luxurious car, the S600 or S55 AMG would do enough at just a 5th or even less.

The problem with the Maybach as of now is the lack of character. It looks like a grown-up S class being primarily the reason why they didn't achieve their target of 1000 cars last year. Maybe the recessionary phase that most parts of the world are in could be another. I don't think anyone here even doubts the abilities of the Maybach. Its a brilliant car. But to pay 5 times as much for a car that is probably just 20-25% better than the best S class hasn't gone well with the potential customers.

Revv

The maybach would have been surely built with a lot of research into what customers like and dislike. So maybe the ppl they talked to wanted something that would not be too radical. The maybach is all abt creating an aura around you. And mercs are too common to set you apart from everyone else. Its like having the bugatti royale of our times. Not everyone cud have it then. And not everyone can have the maybach now.

The worst thing in the Maybach is the instrument cluster which is out directly frm the S,
Now remember S will get a complete overhaul next year,
Which wud mean the S either will be better then Maybach from 2005, Or else mercedes for the first time will cripple the S,

Also i dont understand how this POS costs 5 crore
Cause when u consider 350,000 Euros its about 1.75L = 101%

So where did the 5.5 Crore figure come from?