Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:06   #16
BHPian

Certainly experienced it myself. Getting into a hot car and then driving in traffic does make me irritable and i can sense the same in other drivers. Much better with the ac.
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:44   #17
BHPian

I totally agree!

There have been times, when I havent gotten out of my car even after parking at home, just because I will miss the AC and my car deck till I reach my house door..

In a summer weather like Chennai, its a great feeling to have the AC blowing right at your face..
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:13   #18
BHPian

Its not a question of AC or not. Its just attitude. Basically, people consider themselves smart if they can jump the queue.

Last year I drove to Mahabaleshwar post Diwali. As it was peak season, it was very crowded for a hillstation with narrow roads and unfortunately no traffic cops around. It seemed like all of Mumbai & Pune had driven into town.

Traffic jams were common at every intersection. It was not uncommon to find long queues on one side of the road as traffic was directional. 98% of the people waited patiently in their lane. Then you would find one or two of these so called "smart" people jumping the queue in their Accords & Safari's, and block the lane for incoming traffic. No, these are not uneducated truck drivers but decently educated and "civilised animals".

On one such occasion, I got down and tried to reason with one of these chaps. This guy just shrugs his shoulders. I was really pissed and tried to physically stop this fellow. He almost ran over me and quickly jumped in front of a vehicle five places in front. As traffic was starting to move, I had no option but to get into my car and move on.
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
I think all commercial vehicles (trucks+bus) should have HVAC and power steering compulsary by government regulation, at least for the drivers cabin. The drivers of these rudimentary TATA, Hinduja Leyland etc are all saints for putting up with this kind of enviornment.
I totally agree. I cannot even begin to imagine how they manoeuvre that full load in peak traffic without power steering. These miserable (as in people in misery) souls do not want to cause accidents, but what can they do if, (a). people in small vehicles and pedestrians hurl themselves at the bus, and/or (b) the trucks and buses do not react appropriately when they hit the brakes.
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:19   #20
BHPian

Being a bike rider, I was extremely relieved to be sitting inside my uncle's Elantra the other day, with A/C and soft music. Sitting there, it was like there was no hurry of any sorts. I had the most pleasure full drive on quite some time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks