Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2581-mahindra-scorpio.html)

Which one is more comfortable to ride in on rough roads and which is more luxurious overall?

I think that teh Safari has the edge if you are looking at ride comfort, whatever kind of roads.

GTO

hi if you are looking just for ride comfort, the safari wins.
the front seats are excellent, the rear ones are ok, but you have a lot of leg room when compared to the scorpio

Yea, the Safari rules as far as ride comfort goes.

I became a believer after a 8 hour trip in one. In the Safari, you just don't need to slow down for anything! Its really the best for our Indian highways too where the old "might is right" rule still holds good! The truckers atleast notice it!!

but say anythin guyz.... a Scorpio can give u everything at half the price at which a Safari would give with nearly the same power! well ya ... the Borg Warner 4WDrive system on the Safari is damm good... and dimension wise its big... but i would always go for the REV116 Scorpio.!!! sheeer value for money!...well there are some problems like unsatisfactory handling... etc... but from Mahindra are improving it constantly... and guyz... no its not M&M .... its only M-Mahindra!

Safari is ahead of Scorpio in comforts!

the scorpiois definitely a better vehicle as the safari diesel is very much underpowered.also the transmission noise is just irritating.the only advantage in a safari is that people in their small cars easily make way for u just at the flash of ur lights .
the scorpio is superb ,on one expressway drive a scorpio was just behind me with full load at speeds of 130-140kph.i dont think a safari would have been able to do that.
the safari with more people on board looks as if its ready to take off as the rear suspension seems to be soft.
the safari petro is supposed yo be good,then the scorpio petrol is also superb.
the scorpio petrol is mindblowing for its cost.

Well ash

If you are looking for a highway stormer, then its the scorpio. But if u looking more in terms as a cruiser, a long distance comfy "luxo" barge then its the safari.

The Safari is anaemic, but is quite a good vehicle to leave in 5th at mid to high range and just cruise on. With the Scorpio it is a totally different ball game. While on my drive this weekend i did see a Scorpio LHD ( presumably a test vehicle for the export markets) whiz right past me at 140-150. But then again, with that scary handling tendency of the vehicle, i wouldnt wanna do those kinda speeds in it.

Keep Revvin ™
Revvmaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the scorpio petrol is mindblowing for its cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] but i would always go for the REV116 Scorpio.!!!

Just so that potential buyers dont make the wrong decision, remember that the Scorpio Petrol is an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. The number of times I have seen the same vehicles in for repairs is humourous. Its a design disaster, powered by an engine that was meant for a sedan. Its feels woefully underpowered (no diesel torque) and the in city average is at best - 6!!

Go to any Mahindra dealer and he himself will advice you to steer clear of the Petrol variant.

When the performance of the diesel Scorpio is so great, why would anyone want a Petrol Scorpio? The turbo-diesel is incredibly refined, fast, reliable and fuel-efficient.

GTO

dear GTO,
but i did see a petrol scorpio stay with me till 140-150kph on the xpressway.and that too with many people.then i had to switch off my ac and involve in some very rash lane cutting to go ahead,
that y i had to say that it is mindblowing.
cheers ,
satya

I think the point of discussion here is which of these vehicles is more comfortable to ride in and in that department, the Tata Safari definitely wins.
For everything else, you can take the Scorpio.

mr. speedstya mind it safari is a more effrortless cruiser than scorpio and the high speed stablity is even twice better and so are brakes and ride,safari can touch 155kph on speedo scorpio can only 145 ,thats my practical experience mind it.............................

scorpio i prefer overall a better car.. safari yup comfy but a slug n u have to carry the fear in mind when the electricals gonna go putt.. lol..

dear anshuman .
if driving a car or a truck that looks as if it is just abt to take off along with the gear noise is comfy then i have to mind it as u have said.
previously we had no other option but now i am sorry dude:angry: .
yes but the petrol safari is good but then i will have to own a petrol pump before buying a petrol safari.

but yessssssssss the safari is jsut about as comfortable as a scorpio.,but still its scorpio for me:laugh:

satya

if you want a vfm package its scorpio
otherwise also,i had a chance to drive both the cars,

safari's pickup and acceleration is pathetic and so is the quality of the interior and fit & finish of the vehicle

on the other hand scorpio has a amazing pickup, good acceleration,and excellent fit and finish
but it loses out on space
overall scorpio is a winner!