Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2004, 14:41   #1
Tom
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Would you rather have a beaten up rusty looking kick as$ car which will win you races...

or

Would you rather have a nice looking, shiny, loud car with the latest gizmo's whic you can drive down to marine drive and show off???

Question is do yoo like being competitive on the track or are you happy jus showing off your wheels??
Whats your trip???

Cheers!
Tom

Old 10th June 2004, 14:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

hmm.. option 1 any day.. wanna race???

this was my battered babe which manged to kick some dirt also

Old 10th June 2004, 14:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

I love cars that kick A@# man. If i wanted a showoff car, i'd be driving a Lancer SFXI and not a Vtec.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 10th June 2004, 15:41   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If i wanted a showoff car, i'd be driving a Lancer SFXI and not a Vtec.
Need I say anymore.

But it actually depends on whether its my only car or a second/third car. If its my only car, I would surely go for the nice looking shiny car since the beat up, rusty road-burner does not sound that reliable or comfortable. For my work and family travels, as an only car...I would need the first option.

But as an alternative car, the racer anyday!

GTO
Old 10th June 2004, 15:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Best thing about the Vtec is that it's a nice shiny car that kicks a$$.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 10th June 2004, 15:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

true.. i could afford that option at that point of time.. now driving a plain jane shiny Ikon.. yuck..

but who cares man as long as we still have rally star option lol..
Old 10th June 2004, 16:20   #7
RJK
Senior - BHPian

agree with GTO
Old 10th June 2004, 16:45   #8
Team-BHP Support

who says your racer has to be battered up! Why can't you have a car that goes as well as it looks??

Like the others, if I could afford it, I'd have a car just for the track (also if there was a track close to Bomaby!) and another one for the street.

But, things being as they are, I would be happy with a nice car for the street! For now though, its back to riding the bike!

Rtech
Old 10th June 2004, 16:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

I agree with rtech . A ordinary looking car which kicks @#$ is the one for me ....

I like the thing that they call wolf in sheeps clothing
Old 10th June 2004, 17:01   #10
BHPian

Well I have seen a few videos, in one of which a Tricked out Ford Pick-Up Truck beats the Crap out of a Stock Viper (in a drag). Now would I have that over a Viper?
Are you kidding me?
Old 10th June 2004, 18:01   #11
BHPian

I will rather get the beaten up rusty looking kick as$ car which will win me races and get it fixed and make it look better with all the gismo's n stuff.
Old 10th June 2004, 20:21   #12
Sam
BHPian

Ok ideally a jet black, with 18 inch wheeled beauty with 300 horses wud tickle my fancy. But if its a choice it wud be the horses. Let me put it into perspective. Actually this is more of a pedal to the metal story but anyways to make a point....
I was driving down Cater road when i say on the other side a sooped up Lancer with everything, from wheels to body kit to loud muffler, racing down the road. Then he made the customary U turn and was now catching up to me in my very normal Ford Ikon. he flicks in my rear view for me to get out of his way... did I ... No i pushed off and waited for him at the next speed breaker. To my suprise he pulled up next to me waiting for me to pull away...
there after tyres squeeled as they were getting traction, both mine and his. I left him to eat my dust, he cud not get close to me i just kept increasing the gap till the next breaker. How do u think he must have felt when his shiny car got eaten by a regular old ford Ikon???
Old 10th June 2004, 20:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

nice looking, shiny, loud car with the latest gizmo's whic you can drive down to marine drive and show off!
Old 10th June 2004, 21:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

I would like a rusty old piece of crap car with loads of horses and torque....something like the Vin Diesel's car in Fast And Furious last part....only a bit more rusty!!
Old 10th June 2004, 21:32   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I love cars that kick A@# man. If i wanted a showoff car, i'd be driving a Lancer SFXI and not a Vtec
I think i have read guys here talking about the enjoying the car on twisty mountain roads.
Maybe the vtec is faster in a straight line, but the lancer in any form will teach it a lesson or two when it comes to handling on a race track. Messrs Hari Singh and karun chandok do know how cars handle, isnt it? If you guys remember the handling test for cars in either aci or od...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks