Team-BHP - Waiting period for Swift Petrol in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Waiting period for Swift Petrol in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/25840-waiting-period-swift-petrol-bangalore-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 486822)
Atleast in Bangalore its not.

A hogwash. Same reply as above.

Well, not exactly. Besides, extended waiting lists means loss of cars to MUL itself as buyers will look to other manufacturers.

Well, sales exec's play a dirty game of getting the booking done and make you wait and wait and wait. They will come up with all reasons possible to delay the delivery. Besides, its the GM who knows better. How? Read below.

Nitrous and to other members, I have personally sat with the GM Marketing
& Sales of a reputed showroom and seen his computer which had the stats of the cars alloted to them, list of owners the cars were alloted to and the waiting period, transit dates of vehicles yet to arrive from the production plant. I do believe in the saying "Seeing is believing". And there is no hype about this. If anyone wishes, do come along with me. Will show you guys the list too. Nuff said.

So finney when are coming down to Bangalore to meet the GM who would prove to you otherwise?

Sounding like a hardcore Maruti Fan ..
Can't say about Maruti/Dealers .. but they do manipulate with bookings/deliveries... same "seeing is believing".

Its hype + reality..

Interestingly I also heard or read somewhere MUL is playing game with Indian public by telling huge waiting period which creates hype thinking cars are selling like hot cakes and people qill queue up for that car only instead of going for other cars. This helps in saving freebies as well beause person would have waited for long time and by the time his car is ready for delivery he would have lost patience to ask for freebies.

But anyway since MUL cars known for economy other good stuffs no wonder If Swift Petrol has huge demand like Swift D.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 486834)
Sounding like a hardcore Maruti Fan ..

No, no. I am a bigger fan of Hyundai actually. Then Nissan, Honda and Suzi. In India that is.

Quote:

Can't say about Maruti/Dealers .. but they do manipulate with bookings/deliveries... same "seeing is believing".

Its hype + reality..
Your so called manipulation comes in terms of booking cancellations. Certain customers who have canceled their bookings, are passed on to the VIP customers. Like I posted elsewhere there was 1 Ldi available for delivery in 1 day flat. I was intimated about it but unfortunately we didn't need a car. So, it was then passed onto the general public. So thats how certain people get priority deliveries. I should know because I got my aunt a Ldi in 1 day and Memo a SX4 on the very day of the launch.

Quote:

This helps in saving freebies as well beause person would have waited for long time and by the time his car is ready for delivery he would have lost patience to ask for freebies.
I bet. MUL is saving more money in not giving discounts to cars than have more cars sold? That is indeed funny. For those who are unaware MUL is loosing atleast 20% of its customer or more according to their latest survey to other manufacturers. Yeah sure, they are trying save themselves a hell lot of money this way.

Checked with RNS and checked about Swift P. He says Swift Petrol waiting period is 2 months, he has ZXI only 1 car in stock which will arrive in 1 week to his showroom.

May be this is not sold old car ;) from long time because Crystal Gold color they stoped 6 months back. If someone want to buy this we can bargian for heavy discounts.

Regards,

Ravi.

My friend too got the vehicle immediately, once he showed them a bag full of cash. maybe they jump you on the booking list then, as it's hard to say no to hard cash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 486844)
Your so called manipulation comes in terms of booking cancellations. Certain customers who have canceled their bookings, are passed on to the VIP customers. Like I posted elsewhere there was 1 Ldi available for delivery in 1 day flat. I was intimated about it but unfortunately we didn't need a car. So, it was then passed onto the general public. So thats how certain people get priority deliveries. I should know because I got my aunt a Ldi in 1 day and Memo a SX4 on the very day of the launch.

Is this a manipulation ? I don't want to elaborate what I was trying to say. I am dumb ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 486846)
Checked with RNS and checked about Swift P. He says Swift Petrol waiting period is 2 months, he has ZXI only 1 car in stock which will arrive in 1 week to his showroom.

May be this is not sold old car ;) from long time because Crystal Gold color they stoped 6 months back. If someone want to buy this we can bargian for heavy discounts.

Regards,

Ravi.

You are right, RNS and other dealers had told that they can get ZXI in shorter time. My friend is not convinced on getting ABS and Airbag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcl
Nitrous and to other members, I have personally sat with the GM Marketing
& Sales of a reputed showroom and seen his computer which had the stats of the cars alloted to them, list of owners the cars were alloted to and the waiting period, transit dates of vehicles yet to arrive from the production plant. I do believe in the saying "Seeing is believing". And there is no hype about this. If anyone wishes, do come along with me.

I accept,baba.
Im a huge fan of Maruti too.
Im not blaming the dealers. Im blaming Maruti here.
Maruti built its Manesar engine factory at a cost of 2500 crores and they were giving a figure of 100,000 engines per year.
I know a part of the produce is exported.
But, 1 lakh engines per year and still a waiting list for months in the same country it is built.

well, maruti definitely lost a customer in me.

the bangalore dealers' "take it or leave it" attitude also had me irritated. i was keen on the swift Lxi - however MUL couldnt deliver it within a month, and so I went for the Aveo UVA.

Maruti had also shut its plants recently for a certain period (2 weeks? not sure) for maintenance. This could have aggravated the situation.

People who are particular about a brand/model etc. will obviously have no choice but to wait. But fortunately, the Indian market today offers a wider array of cars to choose from.

Much better than the days when people had to wait for years together to get a bajaj scooter :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyDust (Post 486891)
well, maruti definitely lost a customer in me.

the bangalore dealers' "take it or leave it" attitude also had me irritated. i was keen on the swift Lxi - however MUL couldnt deliver it within a month, and so I went for the Aveo UVA.

Well my question! Is maruti really benefiting from this? Ask yourselves honestly. How many more customers are going the Palio, aveo, spark way because of this?

Quote:

I know a part of the produce is exported.
But, 1 lakh engines per year and still a waiting list for months in the same country it is built.
You my dear friend have answered your own questions. Btw, just count the number of dealers in every city, town first. And then in the whole country. You will get your answer.

Hi,
Swift comes with DDiS and not CRDi and it is Fiat's technology......Yeah, the dealers here (3 reputed dealers) told me the same waiting period (6 months) for VDi, infact one of them told they have stopped taking bookings for VDi....Hope Fusion will be launched in July....It will teach Maruti a lesson.......They should have launched this car in a few metros than through out India and when they had enough capacity (of engine), they could have planned to launch the vehicle after seeing the demands......

I don't think Maruti is playing games with Swift!

Last week I was speaking with a Suzuki dealer in UK. He mentioned that Swift sales has surplussed Suzuki's forecast worldwide! In Europe, Swift is delivered from Suzuki's plant in Hungary (Magyar Suzuki). You may note that WagonR has a sibling which is sold in European market as Vauxhall Agila. Now the demand of Swift has gone so much that Suzuki
"outsourced" their entire WagonR production to Vauxhall - ie. Vauxhall will make the Agila and WagonR for European market. Suzuki then will use that extra capacity to produce more Swifts. However, there is no waiting period for Swift anywhere in Europe though.

Before Swift, Suzuki was little known in Europe (their main forte was motorcycles). They never equalled themselves with Honda/Toyota etc. offering their old Swift (looked like Esteem), Jimny (Gypsy) or Grand Vitara.
However, with the launch of new Swift, Suzuki has elevated themselves as a mainstream car manufacturer in Europe.

Suzuki has another nice car - Ignis. Wonder why they doesn't introduce it India. I think it is the only vehicle in Suzuki's stable which isn't available in India yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 487116)
Hi,
Swift comes with DDiS and not CRDi and it is Fiat's technology......Yeah, the dealers here (3 reputed dealers) told me the same waiting period (6 months) for VDi, infact one of them told they have stopped taking bookings for VDi....Hope Fusion will be launched in July....It will teach Maruti a lesson.......They should have launched this car in a few metros than through out India and when they had enough capacity (of engine), they could have planned to launch the vehicle after seeing the demands......

If they launched only in metros then it would have been a late bloomer like LOGAN. And Swift is a CRD (Common rail diesel) engine. DDiS, CRDi, CRDe, CDI all are same. And the engine is not FIAT engine for gods sake :Frustrati , its FIAT/GM/SUZUKI engine.

And if they launch in metros only then other's would not have enjoyed the DDiS. And also the bookings in metros would have been so much that the launch in other cities would have been delayed tooo !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 486810)
Shame on you MUL for taking Indian public for granted!

Much like Fiat and their lackadaisical attitude, especially wrt A.S.S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak (Post 487124)
Suzuki has another nice car - Ignis. Wonder why they doesn't introduce it India. I think it is the only vehicle in Suzuki's stable which isn't available in India yet.

Because the last-gen Ignis was replaced by the Swift, and the present generation will be sandwiched uncomfortably between the Swift and the SX4, where it will go head-to-head with the Esteem.