Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 20:42   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW lines-up i7 electric sedan & XM SUV for India; next-gen 7 Series & X7 facelift also due

Strange that the LCI X7 was omitted from today’s event as reported earlier 🤔
Old 12th December 2022, 21:38   #17
BHPian

Re: BMW lines-up i7 electric sedan & XM SUV for India; next-gen 7 Series & X7 facelift also due

https://www.bmw.in/en/all-models/m-s...tml#highlights

This is interesting. This BMW has an e-sim with connected features! How come? The My BMW app is not even downloadable in India. Can we expect BMW to launch ConnectedDrive in India with this?
Old 21st December 2022, 17:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen BMW 7 Series & i7 EV India launch on January 7, 2023

The next-generation BMW 7 Series and i7 electric limousine will be launched in India on January 7, 2023. The cars will be presented at Joytown, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai.

BMW lines-up i7 electric sedan & XM SUV for India; next-gen 7 Series & X7 facelift also due-2022bmw7series-1.jpg

The all-new 7 Series gets split headlamps and an enormous kidney grille. The side and rear profiles have also been changed and now feature new 5-spoke alloy wheels and new horizontal LED taillights at the rear.

BMW lines-up i7 electric sedan & XM SUV for India; next-gen 7 Series & X7 facelift also due-2022bmw7series-2.jpg

Inside, the car gets a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and a 14.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It comes with a new flat-bottom steering wheel, touch-sensitive controls on the centre console, gear selector and the traditional iDrive controller. One of the highlights of the new model is the massive 31-inch 8K roof-mounted theatre screen and 5.5-inch touchscreens positioned on the rear door handles.

BMW lines-up i7 electric sedan & XM SUV for India; next-gen 7 Series & X7 facelift also due-2022bmw7series-3.jpg

Globally, the new 7 Series is offered with petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid powertrains ranging from a 3.0-litre turbo-petrol to a 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8.

BMW lines-up i7 electric sedan & XM SUV for India; next-gen 7 Series & X7 facelift also due-2022bmw7series-4.jpg

The BMW i7 is the all-electric version of the 7 Series. It will be offered in the xDrive60 variant, which packs a 101.7 kWh battery pack. It powers dual electric motors (one on each axle), producing 536 BHP and 745 Nm. The all-electric BMW i7 is said to have a maximum range of 625 km on a single charge, with fast and standard charging options.
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 22:21   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The next-generation BMW 7 Series and i7 electric limousine will be launched in India on January 7, 2023. The cars will be presented at Joytown, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai.
I guess BMW is not going to take part at the auto expo hence showcasing their models before the media begins to focus on the expo launches.

What or where is joytown BKC?

Hoping for a sensible pricing, they should learn from the A8 price and not Sclass! Most of all hoping they launch with the CKD versions.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 22:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What or where is joytown BKC?
MMRDA Grounds BKC Mumbai.

BMW Joy Town Mumbai tickets available at PayTM Insider.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 21st December 2022 at 22:44.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed