Team-BHP - My New Indigo`s Fender damaged!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My New Indigo`s Fender damaged! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2585-my-new-indigo-s-fender-damaged.html)

I had been to a one day trip to Pune in my brand new Indigo. On the road that leads to Sinhagad i had to take a right turn in a lane. So, before turning i switched on the side indicator and I slowed my car to 5-10 kmph. I was nearly 85 % on the opposite site of the road and was just entering a lane.. when a guyz on a Hero Puch came from nowhere from right and dashed on my right fender. Now, he was with a guy behind him on his 2-wheeler. Both of them fell in the nearby gravel! My dad and i just stopped the car besides and helped those guyz to pick-up their bikes.. when those guyz started shouting that i was turning with any indication! Then me and my dad showed them the side indicator that was still flashing. Even some good guyz on 2-wheelers behind him stopped and told them that i had given every indication..and they themselves had seen the indicators! Now those guyz had some torn pants and shirts. My dad decided not to fight..so it was me who had a loss for no reason! So now my Indigo is with a damaged right fender. Though there is no internal damage, i feel very sad about the thing that my brand new car has been damaged.
Frankly speaking i have no regrets saying that 99% of people in Pune who drive a 2-wheeler have no driving sense at all! They try to squeeze themselves in every single inch of a space they find in traffic!

Anyways.. gotto go to the insurance company and the service station tommorrow to repair the damage.

sorry to hear that nishant..but then how much is it gonna cost..please take care of your new baby..

will come to know that only after the repairs!

Damn!! Thats horrible Stratos, and I feel your pain.

But I am with your father in agreeing not to fight coz:

1. Its never worth it.
2. Whoever banged your car didnt do it intentionally and all of us are guilty of mistakes.
3. Even if you fight, you may never ever get any reimbursement out of them.
4. Trust me, you never know who on the road has a weapon hiding under their shirts.

Its best to just drive away after exchanging details and if required - logging a police complaint.

GTO

Hey man Stratos, thats sad..
I've been through similar situations before.. These bikers (no hard feelings), but they want to squeez their way in. Even while stopped in a signal, they want to be at the head of the field.. They always manage to touch ur side view mirrors and change the settings .. And thats Frustrating.. So what happened with you must be devastating.
Though I recall this instance in Geneva few years back. I was just window shopping round few Bally/Rolex/etc showroom on a well known main road in the city. I heard Loud Tyre screaches and BANG! Both the cars were badly hit (glasses shatterd, serious damage to cars) on a middle of a cross road (TrafficLighted one). Both the drivers came out of the car, shook hands, exchanged Visiting Cards or something, and moved along. It looked as if it was scripted..
Something like this would never happen in this country even 50 years down the line..

Hey thats really a bad thing to happen. Especially to a new car. I can feel your pain Stratos. Anyways is it a dent or a scratch on the fender?? How bad is it??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Both the drivers came out of the car, shook hands, exchanged Visiting Cards or something, and moved along. It looked as if it was scripted..

In India : Both the drivers came out of the car, shook hands, exchanged Blows or something, and moved along. It looked as if it was scripted..

Damn Stratos...that sucks! There's nothing worse than damaging your new car! As GTO said though, its a good thing you didn't fight, coz it really leads to nothing and you never know, just to piss you off even more, they may break something else on your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]These bikers (no hard feelings), but they want to squeez their way in. Even while stopped in a signal, they want to be at the head of the field.. They always manage to touch ur side view mirrors and change the settings ..

hehe...guilty as charged! Atleast for the squeezing to the front of the line bit goes! BUT, I always take care not to touch another car or the mirrors, coz I know the feeling. Some cyclist had rammed into the mirror of my Astra and broke it...then he just looked back, smiled, and peddled off! aaargh...

Rtech

Thats real bad news Stratos . And it pains even more when its a shining new car. Its anyways right that your dad didnt fight as you really wont get to any conclusion with thes guys. Hope you get the required insurance for your vehicle . And even if it wasnt your mistake just be a bit more careful next time

Drive safe

i agree... that we all of us make mistakes... he could have taked softly... but that @$@$!$ started shouting... just then many other bikers behind him started shouting on him.. that it was his mistake..and not mine.. still he wasnt ready to accept it. Thats the reason i wanted to teach him a lesson!
But then my dad says... " see his pant, shirt all torn.. he must have some bruises... thats his punishment" that made me calm down!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 09 2004,09:50)]4. Trust me, you never know who on the road has a weapon hiding under their shirts. *

dude, that doesnt mean you shouldnt argue, if needed you have loads of things to defend ur self, heck u can even injure a guy badlywith a screw driver

if it would have happened to me and the guy would take out a weapon
he would be certainly dead! driver has gun license(getting mine now) and the rear of my safari is a big ammo storage place
all with proper licenses

jerks all jerks.. am planning to get a cheap 2 wheeler to commute to office n back coz of these jerks.. the drive up n down make me a baaaaaaaaaaad man for the next hour lol.. actually the roads in Bangalore at least most of them are pretty decent but the jerks who drive around spoil the good part whatever there is.. why cant people be considerate, use common sense on roads.. i know its the same old story..

sorry to hear stratos.. ya story..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

dude, that doesnt mean you shouldnt argue, if needed you have loads of things to defend ur self, heck u can even injure a guy badlywith a screw driver

Aadix,

I am a martial artist myself, and as such all the weapon I would need in a combat like this. But I have never ever got into fisticuffs for stupid car accident.

I honestly dont see the need for guns and licences at all for road disputes...I have always settled things calmly on the table.

The point I am trying to make is that its useless to get into fights on the road. You aint gonna gain anything, and both the involved parties will be the end losers. I have much more important things to do than get physical with someone who dents my cars.

GTO

Hey Stratos. See it this way. Something worse could have happened.
I clearly understand your feeling.Try to take it easy buddy.

might be controversial but my experience again.. ur responsibility if a person is injured is to take them to nearest medical facility and file a complaint with the police.. NEVER go for compromise even if the other parties sign and give it to you in paper, this holds no value in a court of law in India.

i had a very bad experience sometime back, one old man in scooter came in front of my car, he was trying to cross the road and i guess he got scared and froze there in the middle of the road.. i braked hard n skidded and hit him. he fell on my cars windshield.. i took him immediately to the hospital and arranged for the best medical care thanks to my friends and relatives who were senior professors there.. i followed up with him through out the 3 days he spent in hospital.. luckily no serious injury apart from some bruises and two fallen tooth (his age was 60+) he and his son came to me and said they have no complaint and gave it to me in writing in a paper with some stamps and stuff.. anyway i had filed an FIR and cleared my vehicle by then

everything is fine but our man goes and files a case of HIT and RUN (he claimed i never stopped lol) through the MACT after 6 months and local traffic police send me a post card asking to surrender my car, i consulted my advocate and he said just produce the car and get it released which i did, i had all the FIR papers with me but Police said they couldnt do much apart from this process.. best part the guy had changed the incident in such a way that i was driving in the opposite direction lol.. cops in FIR says otherwise.. anyway i took the car again n got it released..

my family wanted to file a case n even inform senior official in govt and judiciary reg the racket wher all the eveidence is cooked up.. the advocate advised against all that and i went to the court on designated day and pleaded guilty paid 1.2k fine, no endorsment or anything and lived happily afterwards..

lesson learnt..even if u r at fault, go file a case and claim for all sorts of damage.. the old man who lost his 2 teeths at the age of 60+ claimed 1.25 lakh from insurance which insurance bargained for some 30k lol and thanks to my influence made him walk up n down the insurance office for 6 months.. wicked arnt we..

oh i forgot the sweet poor old man did not have a valid licence at the time of the accident.. it had expired lol.. hey then again its always the bigger is bad guy phenomenon.. and his son confessed to me at hospital reg this freezing in the middle of road phenomenon and that he had warned him against using the scoot...

bleep bleep bleep..

sorry for boring u guys.. another incident that happened couple of months back.. bloody hung over took bro's car which was parke closer to the lift to office.. parked at the usual spot outside the office specially for late comers like me (its a bylane) afternoon security comes running saying ur car had an accident.. wondering what happened went down.. see the honda smashed in the rear lt corner.. one santro parked lil further bashed up on one side one 800 some few feets away a lady sitting on the ground wailing.. the santro guy frustrated at the road block, took the bylane sped through it at above 60kph didnt knew there were cross roads hit the maruthi brushed the lady n came n stopped behind the Honda.. damage to Honda 75k.. lol

all guys agree for compromise.. couldnt resisit my laughter.. just went to police station reported and sent the car to garage claimed the money from Bro company, coz the car is company owned and had no comprehensive cover, lucky the big MNC doesnt care for 75k bills..

i might be again a martial arts trained guy with loads of underworld connection lol.. but what is the point in shouting and picking a fight with totally confused characters in the middle of the road, my colleagues thought i flipped seing me laughing there.. but then again experience taught me..

lessons learnt, no matter how hung up.. walk the extra foot steps to your own car