Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2022, 16:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch Pure and Adventure variants lose idle start/stop feature

Tata Motors has made some changes to the features list of the Punch. Following the latest rejig, the idle start / stop function, which was offered as standard across all variants, is now available in the Accomplished and Creative trims only.

Tata Punch Pure and Adventure variants lose idle start/stop feature-2021tatapunch08-1.jpg

The Tata Punch comes in four trims – Pure, Adventure, Accomplished and Creative. The sub-4 meter crossover is also available in Kaziranga and Camo editions.

Apart from the aforementioned changes, Tata hasn’t made any more feature deletions. The Punch comes equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, automatic climate control, cruise control, and auto headlamps.

The Punch is powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that makes 84 BHP and 113 Nm. The engine is mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 29th October 2022 at 16:21.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 01:12   #2
BHPian

re: Tata Punch Pure and Adventure variants lose idle start/stop feature

It seems like Tata has begun to copy rule books of Mahindra. Mahindra has already mastered the art of removing feature after launch of vehicle.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 08:20   #3
BHPian

Start/Stop is a rather silly feature if the AC cant keep running while the car is off. It unnecessarily stresses both the starter motor and battery. Good riddance.

The only use of this feature I think is to have better fuel efficiency in some european efficiency tests.
lina is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 23:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
Start/Stop is a rather silly feature if the AC cant keep running while the car is off. It unnecessarily stresses both the starter motor and battery. Good riddance.
+1
Annoying jerky restart at every traffic light (sometimes multiple times) is one thing I hated. I always switch off this feature in whatever cars I drove.
Old 31st October 2022, 00:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Punch desperately needs a better gasoline engine. The present naturally aspirated 1.2L , 3 cylinder powertrain, struggles to cross 100 kmph when the car is loaded up with four people, luggage and with the airconditioner switched on.
Even the defunct Indica Xeta with its age old tech was not this slow!
This tendency of providing underpowered engines to unsuspecting customers really riles me. That too when you are paying top dollar. And ending up with sub standard performance.
arjab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 12:37   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Punch Pure and Adventure variants lose idle start/stop feature

I would see this as a "gain" and not a "loss". In fact, I'd be happy to pay some extra money to not have this annoying feature at all in my new car. For my current ride, I had to go the coding way to disable it (it would earlier activate on every restart).

That being said, because the Punch is from the budget segment, a big percentage of its owners would be very FE conscious. They will miss the start-stop feature. I can also argue that removing it from the lower variants isn't cool, as owners of these variants will be the most cost / FE conscious.

Last edited by GTO : 1st November 2022 at 12:38.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 10:33   #7
DSC
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Pure and Adventure variants lose idle start/stop feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I would see this as a "gain" and not a "loss". In fact, I'd be happy to pay some extra money to not have this annoying feature at all in my new car.
Agreed. The ECO mode is another useless feature in Punch, which should have been gone. I personally feel it does more harm than good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks