Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 12:04   #1

Buying a used car from Spinny : 2012 Honda Brio MT

After a long delay, here I'm posting about my buying experience from Spinny!

For those who are not aware of it yet, Spinny is a website like cars24 or trubill which sells pre-owned cars. Nothing new, except that they have 200+ inspection points (that they claim) and they offer a 1-year warranty on the engine and 3 months warranty on the overall car. They also have offers like a buyback guarantee, and they refund you the money if you don't like the car in the first 3 days/300KM of purchase. They have basically made the unorganised pre-owned car business more organised by bringing in stuff like warranties, buyback guarantees, and so on.

Coming to the choice! The Honda Brio MT!
Considering the road conditions in India now, I thought it did not make sense to buy a new car and subject it to the torture of Indian roads. I, therefore, wanted to buy a used car and modify it to my liking, and I would also feel less guilty about subjecting it to the abuse caused by Indian road conditions. We also have a new VW Polo at home, and I could not digest driving it through the pothole-ridden roads on my way to the office.

Now buying pre-owned is not as easy an option; there's always uncertainty related to the condition of the car, and it's normal to be sceptical. So I wanted to go for the most reliable option, a car that, even if abused before, would be fairly easy to maintain and refurbish. I was always a fan of Honda iVTec engines. Not to mention the no bs reliability of Japanese OEMs. So my choice was to go either for Honda or Toyota (Excluding Maruti(Suzuki) here because I thought they are overpriced in the pre-owned market for the value on offer). I fix myself a budget of around 3-4 Lakhs, allowing an additional 20-25k for refurbishing the car as per my liking.

Now the options I had in the pre-owned market were - the Honda City, Honda brio and the Toyota Etios. Considering that I drive through Bangalore traffic for most of my use and rarely plan to go on long rides, and wanted an agile and nimble car, the honda brio was the obvious option. Plus, I have always liked the sleek design of the Brio ever since it was launched.

So onto the hunting. I was browsing through Spinny's list of Honda Bios. I managed to shortlist 2 Brios and visited their Spinny hub in Vega city mall, Bangalore, to take a test drive.

When I arrived there, I'd say the buying experience was below average. No one to answer questions, they allocated us to a sales guy who was just sad about working on a Saturday and didn't even smile at us once. I actually felt bad at times for asking questions because he just wasn't interested in answering any! So I had to fill in the blanks myself! And to add to the misery, every time I chose a car to test drive, the guy would go back to this cupboard of car keys (which had I think around 100-150 car keys) and would spend a good 5-10minutes searching for the keys. I was open to buying other cars if the information was given to me. Still, because of the limited information available with Mr.not-interested-to-sell, I had to stick to the cars I knew about.

First up - a 2014 Brio that had run 17k KM - Clutch was lemon, the start-up sounded weak, and the engine pull was non-existent for an i-VTec. So no-go!

Second - a 2012 Brio MT that had run 36k KM - The first twist of the key, and wow! Instant love! The engine sounded fresh and smooth, the clutch was okay, and the first time I moved the car, the engine felt like the peppier iVTec it should be! I had made up my mind to get this.

I also test-drove a 2018 KUV100 just to see if I could get the latest car - but no match for the Honda engine. The KUV was just dead, I had to tame the throttle to even get it moving from rest. Tested a 2013 Nissan Micra active as well, which was even worse, with panels rattling all around.

So now the 2012 Brio it is! I had reached there thinking I'd come back home today with a car because no way I was putting the polo back again on that dreaded road to the office.

As soon as I said I was interested in buying, suddenly, an interested sales advisor appeared out of nowhere with all information. The first thing I wanted to know was the service history of the vehicle. Spinny had the complete record! The car had records of getting serviced in an authorised service centre every 5000KM! No accident repairs and no engine work were done.

I paid 3.6L for this car which included insurance, transfer charges, new tyres and complimentary service. Here I have got mixed views; some say it's overpriced, and some Honda owners say it's a sweet deal. I would love to hear everyone's views here!

I made the payment and, in 4 hours, received pictures of the car ready for delivery! I had opted for home delivery, so the car arrived at my place on a trailer!

Name:  car1.png
Views: 1877
Size:  407.8 KB
Buying a used car from Spinny : 2012 Honda Brio MT-car3.png Very happy with the interiors as well, looks as good as new!

I got a full tank of fuel filled and thought I'd take a long drive to Mysore to experience the car. I left home at around 730 pm, and after 40km, I saw the engine overheat warning lamp on the dash. This is the moment I dreaded; all my worst nightmares were coming true. What if this car was a scam? Then 10km later, the engine warning lamp came on, and the car went into what everyone calls a limp-home mode where it lost power. I also see smoke coming out of the front. So I pull over to see what's going on. I work in an automobile company so I could figure out if it was just a faulty sensor. I open up the hood, and here's what I notice - The radiator cap loosely hanging open! So much for Spinny's 200 inspection points, some genius mechanic forgot to fix the radiator cap after the coolant top-up, and that led to the coolant leaking out. Thankfully I stopped the car on time, there was still coolant left (below the "MIN" level).

I call up the spinny helpline in utter panic and rage, to report this. Here's how the conversation went -

Me - Hey, I just bought a car from spinny, it's new just 4 hours old and it has broken down after overheating!
Support guy - Ok sir sorry for that, but the car isn't new, it's pre-owned! But okay we will help you out don't worry.
I could not make out what was hotter now radiator or my head!

Anyways, after a long conversation, I scheduled a roadside assistance pickup. They wanted to charge me because I was 50km away (10km more than what is covered under free RSA pickup). After 4-5 phone calls with the local spinny hub guys and their negotiations with the third-party RSA vendors, they finally agreed to do it for free (this took 1 hour). Then my location was taken, and truck was dispatched. It was already 9 pm by then.

The truck arrives at 2 am! The driver puts on a poor face, says they don't pay him anything, and emotionally blackmails us into paying him 300 bucks (I later was told that these drivers are paid extra for jobs after 10 pm). The vehicle is then towed (just 7 hours after it was delivered brand new or, as per spinny's executives, "pre-owned" new. One good thing here was there was a gentleman from Spinny Bangalore, who was supposedly the technical lead, who assured me that the car would be picked up free of cost and that it would be thoroughly checked. Even the guy who sold the car to me , did not hang me out to dry. He coordinated the effort till 11 pm and ensured that the car was towed free of cost. So credit where it's due. I believe the RSA team in spinny is what needs work.

Name:  car2.png
Views: 1795
Size:  429.8 KB

I reached back home at 4 am, and at 5 am spinny's RSA call centre called me to ask where the vehicle was! I don't know, man; you tell me, you're the one towing it ? Out of my interest in these things, I was talking with the driver regularly for updates, I called the driver, and he said he had parked his truck on the outskirts of Bangalore for a nap because the spinny workshop where it's supposed to be delivered will open only at 9am!. I passed on this information to the spinny call centre; not sure whose role was what here?

The next morning I get a call from the driver again, saying that Spinny guys are not clearing his payment. Again, not sure whose role was what, I had to pacify the driver and talk with the spinny guys there to handle it asap. I was worried about the car rather than RSA's payment at this point

The car was dropped at Spinny's Whitefield workshop. The support guys had passed on the contact details of one Mr.Rahul who was in charge of the operations there. I texted him on WhatsApp to ask what was going on. The initial observation was just low coolant, but still, to be sure, they were running checks on the whole coolant system and checking if there were any leaks in any part of the system and were also checking if there were oil leaks anywhere (likely to happen when engine overheats and the gaskets fail). He confirmed back that there were no leaks or any damages to the engine. The coolant was topped up, and the vehicle was sent for a 40km test drive. No issues were found, and the vehicle was running ok! great news!

I got a call at 7 pm again that the car was ready, but it could not be delivered as it was Sunday and drivers were not available to deliver. I could not wait, so I went to take the delivery myself. I reached the spinny workshop, Mr.Rahul explained what was done, and I took a short road test. Took the vehicle directly to the temple from there to get some puja done(There are some situations so uncertain that only god can help us.

The vehicle has run 400km after that, smooth as butter, with no problems. Have been enjoying my time with the Brio now. It's a piece of cake to drive in traffic, can fit into any small space that's there! The pickup is great, and the rev-happy Honda engine is bliss!

Now coming to the good and bad parts -

Good -
1. Rev-happy iVTec engine. It revs beautifully when I step on the pedal.
2. Very good engine refinement levels, even though the vehicle is almost 10 years old.
3. A mileage of 15kpl in the city and around 18kpl on highways. I hope it's good. Other brio owners' views would help.
4. Interiors are as good as new, with no wrinkles or cracks anywhere.

Bad -
1. The panels inside rattle, especially near the A-pillar and the window. I would love to hear the views of other brio owners on what they did to resolve this.
2. There is a subtle jerk that's felt when I press the throttle slowly (when it moves from eco to non-eco mode), is this normal for Vtec engines? I assume the jerk is felt because of the transition from low to high-lift cam? Not sure I would love some views on this.
3. The throttle response is a bit sluggish when I let go of the throttle; there is a slight delay in response. So every time I disengage the clutch to change gears, I can hear the engine rev if that makes sense? Anything to do about this?
4. 1st and 2nd gear is hard. The technician at the spinny workshop said that its that way in all Honda cars. I'm used to the butter-smooth gear shifts in the VW, is it true that the gear shifts are hard on Honda engines?
5. I got a new stereo system fit and will shortly write a review on it. The funny thing is, every time I rev the engine hard I see the headlight brightness reduces, and when I let go of the throttle it goes back to its original intensity again, have any other brio owners felt this?
6. When I went to get a reverse parking camera fitted, the taillamp was opened, and there was mud accumulation behind it. I got the car thoroughly checked for flood damage and have even written to Spinny to verify it. My guess is this accumulation is from the wheel because there's no mud flap between the tail lamp housing and the rear wheel, which makes mud from the wheel accumulate on the inner side of the rear bumper and behind the tail lamp. I recently saw threads about this issue in Renault Kiger as well. Any other brio owners observed the same thing?
Name:  car4.png
Views: 1773
Size:  360.6 KB

That's it, folks! Will keep updating the thread as I use this vehicle. Plan to get a performance filter fitted and some performance mods to make the engine peppier. Would love to hear your views on this, and of course, if any of you have modified your brio's, let's hear it!!

Mod Note - Please proofread before posting. Only two smileys are allowed.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th November 2022 at 12:50. Reason: Very poorly written. Grammar, spacing, spell, smileys.
curiousbolt is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 13:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Buying a used car from Spinny : 2012 Honda Brio MT

1. The panels inside rattle, especially near the A-pillar and the window. I would love to hear the views of other brio owners on what they did to resolve this.

In my 2012, Brio it does not. Get this checked because this does not look normal.

2. There is a subtle jerk that's felt when I press the throttle slowly (when it moves from eco to non-eco mode), is this normal for Vtec engines? I assume the jerk is felt because of the transition from low to high-lift cam? Not sure I would love some views on this.

Absolutely not. Never experienced this in my Brio in 10 years of ownership. Get this checked at Honda ASS.

3. The throttle response is a bit sluggish when I let go of the throttle; there is a slight delay in response. So every time I disengage the clutch to change gears, I can hear the engine rev if that makes sense? Anything to do about this?

The throttle body probably needs cleaning.

4. 1st and 2nd gear is hard. The technician at the spinny workshop said that its that way in all Honda cars. I'm used to the butter-smooth gear shifts in the VW, is it true that the gear shifts are hard on Honda engines?

Yes slotting to first gear is hard in all Brios. But slotting into 2nd isnt. Was the gear oil ever changed? Gear shifts on Hondas are silky smooth and precise.

5. I got a new stereo system fit and will shortly write a review on it. The funny thing is, every time I rev the engine hard I see the headlight brightness reduces, and when I let go of the throttle it goes back to its original intensity again, have any other brio owners felt this?

Check the battery age, alternator and wiring. This isn't normal.

6. When I went to get a reverse parking camera fitted, the taillamp was opened, and there was mud accumulation behind it. I got the car thoroughly checked for flood damage and have even written to Spinny to verify it. My guess is this accumulation is from the wheel because there's no mud flap between the tail lamp housing and the rear wheel, which makes mud from the wheel accumulate on the inner side of the rear bumper and behind the tail lamp. I recently saw threads about this issue in Renault Kiger as well. Any other brio owners observed the same thing?

Nothing like this observed in my Brio.
Avikbrio is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:01   #3
BHPian

I also own a 2012 Sept Brio S MT. I haven't been facing any issues like the ones you have mentioned. 1st gear is a bit hard till the engine/gearbox warms up. Sluggish throttle response could be bad spark plugs..just have them checked. Also, i have also faced the slight engine rev up when pressing the clutch. I always just thought it was the engine trying to rev match kind of like how hot hatches are tuned.

Last edited by BharathXUV700 : 9th November 2022 at 14:03.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:02   #4
BHPian

I have a 2013 Brio SMT, run around 30,000 kms. I have not faced any issues that you mentioned. Slotting into all the gears is smooth. Initially, for some days, 2nd to 3rd gear transition was slightly not that smooth. For this mud in taillamp issue, I have not checked.

Regarding mileage, I am getting around 13 kmpl in city conditions (I am in Delhi, so that is a good figure according to me). Outside city, it is returning 18-19 kmpl. Completely agree with your first two good observations on engine.

Last edited by NH08 : 9th November 2022 at 15:06.
NH08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:07   #5
BHPian

All is well that ends well.
Out of the 8 cars i had in various stages of life, one (Civic) was purchased from a used car dealer & it went kaput within 3 months of purchase. With an out of warranty situation, the estimated cost to repair broken AT system was 4+ Lakhs (i bought Civic for 6.5L)
Since then i have stayed away from second hand cars.

Used cars rarely gives 100% piece of mind (unless you are buying through a close/known source), and i'm happy to see new business models from Spinny, Cars24 to better organise.
harishpr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:40   #6
BHPian

I have driven the Brio MT quite a bit and can confirm the first gear being hard to engage. The rest of your problems seem specific to your car.

When we wanted to sell the Brio, we tried Spinny. Worst experience ever. The person seemed to be an expert in dismantling cars for parts. He inspected the car for hours together, drove it like he wanted to break it. When I reminded him that the car still belongs to us, he said that is how they are asked to drive. By who, I wonder. He even got into a fight on the road, . At the end he let out considerable air-conditioner gas, again, saying it was their checking process. I wanted to get into a bareknuckle fight with a wall.

I just took the price from them and the dealer matched it in exchange for the new car. I am thinking most good condition cars get traded back to the dealership as they have no issues in matching the price but it's the troublesome ones that end up at Spinny.

Even after seeing a bad car that you rejected, coupled with their cold attitude, I am surprised you went ahead with them. I am glad the car doesn't have any major issues but next time around, shop. Try to find cars from different sources, get a thorough check done before buying. Their hundred-point checklist, certified, etc don't mean anything after you've paid the money and bought the car.
HighRevving is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousbolt View Post
Plan to get a performance filter fitted and some performance mods to make the engine peppier. Would love to hear your views on this, and of course, if any of you have modified your brio's, let's hear it!!
Congrats on the new buy! Brio is a really good choice.

Not commenting on the price and age of the car as the purchase is already done. I think you need to get a good local mechanic to check the car in detail if that is not already done, get all the issues fixed first, and then continue to use the car for a while to see if it holds up well as you want it to be. Only then, proceed with the modifications.

In fact, a good mechanic or a technical expert evaluation is mandatory when we buy a 2nd hand car. A thorough Pre-Delivery inspection is to be done as well - many of the issues you indicated could have been identified earlier if that was done. We can't really rely on Spinny or any other dealers to give us a true report. Yes, Spinny is much more professional than other local car dealers by the looks of it - but then we let our guard down when we are impressed by the way they project themselves. In my opinion, we would have to be extra careful when we pick up cars from Spinny or the like - our initial impressions blind our judgments. Not to say that they are bad - they may be the best in the business but that doesn't make them foolproof by any means. It's in the buyer's interest to have everything checked despite our initial biases.

That said, Brio is a great car. I believe that all the small issues you found can be sorted out for a reasonable amount and wish you many thousands of happy miles on it.
VinsWagen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 02:29   #8
BHPian

My experience with Spinny's.
My friend wanted to buy a VW Vento and we went to a Spinny outlet. Got the car to VW for a complete check up and in the report it mentioned it needed an ECM replacement costing 2lac+.
We go back and inform Spinny and he says they guarantee that they will fix it and send then sell the car. I asked them how and they said leave it to them they have best mechanics etc. I again asked them but how many days and he says 2-3 days. He also had the stupidity to inform me that they have a budget of around 15k -20k for repairs. I asked him does he know what is an ECM ? He had no answer and said whatever it is his mechanic will solve it.
We walked away and never looked back.
Moral of the story- do not buy a used car from an unknown source without completely checking the car even if it costs you a few thousands and time each time.
SN88 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 06:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Since then i have stayed away from second hand cars.

Used cars rarely gives 100% piece of mind (unless you are buying through a close/known source), and i'm happy to see new business models from Spinny, Cars24 to better organise.
Your biased opinion for second hand cars is motiveless. The so called '100% piece of mind' is not even provided by new cars from some of the car manufacturer's that are selling cars in India. I have always owned second hand cars and none have left me in a predicament as yours.

In second hand market, its about the due diligence exercised by the prospective buyer, how much one is aware about the cars, a modicum of superficial knowledge one has of what goes under the hood of the cars, a car manufacturer who brings out reliable products, how much experience the owner has under his belt in terms of KM's he has driven, ..etc.

These factors whose expertise one has to have , in varying degree's shall enable a prospective buyer of a second hand car to ward off or put money on those second hand cars which may cause problem within weeks of purchase.

Whether its unorganized second hand car market or organized ones like Spinny, cars24...etc. Without the above factors taken into considerations, a prospective second hand car buyer would end up owning a faulty car.

Quote:
I work in an automobile company so I could figure out if it was just a faulty sensor. I open up the hood, and here's what I notice - The radiator cap loosely hanging open!
By the looks of it, it seems you didn't even bother to pop the hood when you were in the midst of purchasing a second hand car. That glaring omission committed by Spinny could have been clear to sight and mind had you got the car hood popped to have a glimpse of the engine bay. That in itself is a red flag and would have put doubt in the mind of a prospective buyer, reservations about going for the purchase.
ritedhawan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 18:23   #10
BHPian

I too had the experience of buying a pre owned car from Ola cars (a pre owned car division of Ola) . The buying experience was super smooth. I booked for home test drive and the ola rep came all the way from Horamavu to Whitefield for the test drive. The car was in excellent condition after my initial inspection (I already have a pre-owned car that I bought from a dealership, so I know the whereabouts for an inspection), so I confirmed that I will.be booking it. I even opted for a second test drive and they pleasantly came to my location without any fuss. They had finance options but I paid them directly to their account. The car was delivered the next day and the RC copy was transferred to my name in 30days and delivered to my door steps. They even renewed the insurance to another 1year but it was third party.

Just like you I too faced coolant leakage issue because of loose connection and I was lucky I just took the car for a short spin that day (I will not leave city if I am not confident enough), the ola customer care immediately sent a flat bed within 2 hours and took it workshop and delivered by evening , all free of cost. Then after two months of daily usage.

Even they did two free services and only consumables were charged.

So as a summary for car purchase , everything was done at my door steps . You will not even get that experience while buying a new car.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2022 at 18:36. Reason: Adding paragraph breaks for better readability.
DustyWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 20:07   #11
BHPian

Did you have insurance against your name with the car when you took it out the same day?
As far as I know, insurance is only provided after RTO transfer.

Also, since the car was new to you it would have been wise to stick close to home base for a while. It could have avoided the pain and provided a better experience even if problems showed up.

Btw did spinny change the tyres themselves? What tyres did they put on?

The Brio is a lovely car. Hope it keeps you happy for many years to come

Last edited by rajathv8 : 10th November 2022 at 20:12.
rajathv8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 21:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
Your biased opinion for second hand cars is motiveless. The so called '100% piece of mind' is not even provided by new cars from some of the car manufacturer's that are selling cars in India. I have always owned second hand cars and none have left me in a predicament as yours...
Guess my thread is poorly written, I'm not in any way disappointed with the Brio , I'm quite happy. This was just an experience to share. And of course I rushed the purchase aware of the risks because I had my reasons.

And the part where you mention the factors to be considered when buying second hand car like "experience of the owner and how much KM he has under his belt". It's a car, not a Boeing 777. But your perspective is appreciated but my view is buying a car isn't that complex. The cons that I've mentioned are just small issues which don't bother me to a greater extent, i still use the car daily and enjoy it. Modern cars have come a long way in terms of reliability. The advantage of having an organized pre owned cars sector is the fact that there's accountability in terms of warranty, buyback and cooldown period. My car has a 1 year warranty on engine and transmission and I can even sell the car back to Spinny if I don't like it (of course I'd have to pay for what I've used), so yes organized players have made this better

But sure your perspective may be valid, I just have a different one. Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Did you have insurance against your name with the car when you took it out the same day?...
Spinny gave me an insurance that's valid, which is in the name of previous owner and they'd told me it's okay, which I know is not. They also gave me a policy in my name, so it's a grey area which I'm still figuring out. Spinny technicians are visiting my place this weekend to inspect the car, they assured me they'd clear the confusion then .

Yeah definitely agree with sticking close to home in a new car part, got a bit carried away seeing the new car. Shouldn't have

And yes they have fit the tyres and even a new battery, they've fit a new set of Apollo tyres both for front and rear. They provided me with the warranty card of the new battery as well.

Pretty happy with Brio I'd say. I didn't have a lot of expectations buying it either ways, just wanted an office commuter. I already have a g310gs which I adore and enjoy riding everyday. So Brio is just to cover my commutes to office when it's raining. For the price I paid i doubt I'd even get a new Alto or even a base model Kwid. So yeah, hoping to feel the same going forward.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th November 2022 at 00:51. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 10th November 2022, 22:06   #13
BHPian

I would strongly recommend refraining from using the car until you have the RC and Insurance sorted. It is not worth the mess in case of an unforeseen incident.

I would recommend getting the below done:
1. Change all fluids - oil, transmission, coolant, brake fluid
2. Change all filters - air, cabin, oil filter
3. When the car is on the ramp in the service station for the above, get under it and do a once over with a phone torch (exhaust condition, suspension, drive shafts boots, engine mounts, sump damage etc). Take pics of underbody. From my experience the A** folks ignore things on old cars. I have found a few misses on my A-Star that I had to forcefully get fixed.
4. Get the wheels balanced and aligned at a reputed center you trust - check the spare condition

Mentally prepare for a 30-40 day delay before you can drive the car - RTO generally takes 30 days to provide RC, unless an agent is involved, in which time you can get the above sorted.
The above will set a solid baseline for your ownership.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 10th November 2022 at 22:12.
rajathv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 22:23   #14
BHPian

First of all, Congrats mate! For your new set of wheels. I wish you a ton of joy-filled miles with your new ride.

My initial impression when you said 3+ lacs for a 2012 car was rather shocking, but seeing the photos and the ODO at 30-odd Kms I guess it's indeed a steal deal! And yes, it's a Honda! So reliability will be a word you will be familiar with in the days to come. Overall you seem to be happy with your purchase and that's all that matters at the end of the day......

My 2 cents on some niggles that I am familiar with would be regarding the light flickering, since you said that Spinny changed the Battery I guess a check at the Honda Service center for the alternator and related wiring wud be beneficial. And Hondas are known for smooth shifting gears. But since yours is a used car may be the gearbox may need some time to warm itself up. Mechanical things do get better as they run.

But yes, my most important suggestion would be to pay a visit to the nearest Honda ASS and get a thorough paid service before you may take her on a long drive. Maybe a little bit more expenditure wouldn't hurt when you see the benefits u get from it (peaceful days of ownership) far outweighs the cost.

Again a hearty congrats on your purchase. Hoping to read your updates over time.

I guess for now you can ponder over a name for your new ride.
PetroHeado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 14:23   #15
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase and wish you many Kms of safe and fun driving.

We recently sold our 2016 VW Vento Tsi which had run 1,40,000 Kms to Spinny. We got it evaluated by Cars24, Spinny and the MG dealership where we were buying our new car. The car had had a DSG mechatronix replacement under warranty at 1,00,000 Kms which I was transparent about to the evaluators.

Spinny offered 4.54 lakhs and the rest were not even close in terms of their offer. Cars24 and the MG dealer were very surprised by the Spinny offer.

I personally was quite happy with the price and I think it was a little high because they haven't been able to sell the Vento yet. I regularly get the following message from Spinny 2 months after selling the car to them.

----

Hi There, we deeply regret the prolonged delay in the RC Transfer of your Volkswagen Vento.

Please be assured, your car is being well taken care of whilst we are actively working to get the ownership transferred at the earliest.

- SellRight by Spinny
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed