Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2004, 12:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hi

In May, I sold my Zen in Hyderabad. It is 1997 Model and has 62000 KMs on the odometer. At that time there were no LX and VX. It was only one model. I sold it for 1.4 lacs. I sold it to Mahaveer auto who is a second hand car dealer in Hyd. I had to dispose it off as soon as possible because that weekend I was flying to USA.

I tried the true values guys. The max they offered me was 1.42 but withdrawed at the last minute. They were very unprofessional. Just they stopped answering my calls and gave me the signs of their uninterest.

The mahaveer guys were very professional. They allowed me to use the car till the evening I flew. They retained 10,000 because I was not having the clearance certificate but returned that as soon as my cousin gave them the document.

If I had more time, I would have got a better price. May be another 5 to 10 K. There are few dents which are acceptable. But no issues with the engine and other technical depts.

It was mostly used by my Dad who is a doctor. I have been using it since Nov' 2002. The buyer told me that the car looses some of it's value, as the car was transerred to my name though it is within the family. Also, the car is not registered in Hyd and so I was offered less price. I felt strange because still it is within the same state. I know that was their business trick but could not win over them. They kept convincing me that is a factor.

Do you guys think the price what I got is fair?

Drive Safe and enjoy your drive

Satish
Old 15th June 2004, 12:22   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

1.4 lakhs for a 97 Zen is definitely a good price.
Old 15th June 2004, 13:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good price pal . Those are the current prices for a Zen of your vintage

Cheers
Old 15th June 2004, 17:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

good price
went to see a tn reg sonata v6 with thses mahavir guys
played the same reg trick that they played with u!

Old 15th June 2004, 18:34   #5
BHPian

aadix- what was the final price those guys quoted u for that Tn regstd sonata V6 ?

~A
Old 15th June 2004, 18:35   #6
Tom
BHPian

i think they overpayed you. suggest u return some money back wonder what the catch is?
Old 15th June 2004, 20:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everybody.

Now, I am a happier person. Want to buy you lunch.

Old 16th June 2004, 01:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

We sold our 97 Carb Zen which had done just 17K for 2.5 L. So it guess the price u got for your 62K km zen was fair enough.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 16th June 2004, 01:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (adityapd @ June 15 2004,17:04)]aadix- what was the final price those guys quoted u for that Tn regstd sonata V6 ?

~A
hi adpd

that sonata v6 had just done 2400kms when we first saw it. jan 2004 vehicle belonged to a well know newspaper baron of the south,
he exchanged the vehicle for a merc e class
dad was behind that vehicle fr almost two months,

our final price was 9.5 l, for those conitous two months they quoted is 10l without re reg charges, which would be a lot since the vehicle was bought to hyd from madras in less than 4 months ,
so we qould have to pay all the taxes again
10l was for us since they are known people and were giving us in a no loss ,no profit price
, for others it was 11l, last heard the vehicle was still with them and its not for sale

mahavir people are very renowned in hyd, they have both the merc and skoda showroom in hyd, and soon hopefully a bmw show room too
they are not the kind of people to do any "jhol" bussiness

Most Viewed