Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 20:57   #76
BHPian

Re: What is the best car-garage combo in a country like India

Achievable spend:
A bit hard to say but there isn't a single or even 2 petrol cars (NGT ban) which can cover all use cases fully (fast and sharp handler, 4x4 adventure tourer, reliable family tourer prioritizing comfort, small and peppy tourer)

BMW 330i - for those long drives on good tarmac staying in a good resort and hence limited boot space isn't a challenge
Mahindra Thar LX Petrol MT - for those long drives on roads which don't exist with limited family members and friends (heck adventure loving blood is rare)
Toyota Innova Petrol MT - for those long drives on roads with the entire family and caravan
VW Polo 1.0 AT - for those short city drives zip zap and zoom

Money no constraint
Similar use cases but much more royal options

Bugatti Veyron
Mercedes Maybach S Class
Toyota Land Cruiser
Mini Cooper JCW
Old 17th November 2022, 21:27   #77

Achievable spend:

Still not decided on the below options

Option 1:
-Electric hatch (Tata Tiago EV) with Less than 15L budget
-Kia Carnival (around 35L budget)

Option 2:
-Electric hatch (Tata Tiago EV) with Less than 15L budget
-AWD AT 6 or 7 seater (Scorpio N / XUV700) - around 30L budget

Money no constraint:

Land Rover Defender 110
Jaguar XF / XJ RWD
Kia EV6 GT AWD
Navinprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 19:19   #78
BHPian

I think you should get a used or an year and a half year old 330i and a Kushaq/Thar AT. I would personally go for the Kushaq 1.0L. A top of the line variant can save you good money instead of the 1.5L DSG. Anyway, with the 330i around, the 1.5L would be overkill.
Cheers.
With ranks:

Option 1:
Any pre-worshipped and Team BHP checklist compliant:
1. BMW 3 Series 30i (2020 or later)
2. X3 30i. (2021 or later)
3. A6 45 TFSI

Option 2:
1.Kushaq 1.0L TC (all variants are VFM especially the mid-level.)
2. Thar MT/AT (as per your choice) no 4x4 Petrol Thar is available. It is not made. Great engine overall. The petrol unit.
3. Honda City V/VX with the CVT. Just sublime.
Old 24th November 2022, 20:54   #79

Hello Everyone
This is based on two things. Practicality within the budget and Fantasy that is no bar.
Another aspect is the remote possibility of some things being available in India.
Budget Section 60 L Garage
Swift 1.3 DDIS previous generation (Office)
Ciaz 1.3 DDIS (Family Chores)
Mahindra Thar Hard top Diesel Automatic Top (Go Anywhere)
Toyota Innova Diesel Automatic Mid (Holiday Travel + Specific Needs)

Fantasy is fantastic. Typically without an end.
Therefore personally I would like to limit.
Hope you enjoy the drive.
Hope you love your garage.
Old 24th November 2022, 23:58   #80
BHPian

1. 60-70L Garage - Innova, Slavia, Nexon EV, Thar

2. Super Garage - Maybach S680, DBX, Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe PHEV, 911 Sport classic, 2005 Swift ZXi, Ferrari Portofino

Last edited by 316kmph : 25th November 2022 at 00:07.
Old 25th November 2022, 02:09   #81
BHPian

Our current garage can accommodate 4 cars so I'll keep that as my limit, so here's the list.

1. 2021 Lexus LX 570 (US/Middle East version) - The Toyota Land Cruiser is known for being the car that can go anywhere and do anything. So what's better than a Land Cruiser? Well a Lexus Land Cruiser of course. The 2021 Lexus LX570 (more specifically the US and Middle East models) was the last car in the Land Cruiser lineage to get that sweet Naturally Aspirated 5.7L 3UR-FE V8. Don't let the extra luxurious fool you though, with the right set of wheels the LX 570 will be right on the heels of it's Toyota twin on a trail.

2. 2008-2011 Audi RS6 Wagon C6- The C6 Generation of the Audi RS6 got a 571hp 5.0L Twin Turbo V10 under the hood. Now yes this isn't the only one of it's kind as BMW had a similar car in the E61 M5 Touring which is also a 5 seater German wagon with a 5.0L V10 but that has a whole lot of issues and the last place you would want to have a troublesome German car is India. The Audi's engine on the other hand is essentially a modified version of the legendary Lamborghini Gallardo V10. A Twin Turbo Lambo V10 powered 5 seater with enough space to carry the gear of an entire rock band, who wouldn't want that?

3. 2022 Jaguar F-Type SVR Convertible - The latest iteration of Britain's greatest sportscar is imo a masterpiece. The F-Type was always a looker and wouldn't be out of place in the golf course parking lot or at a supercar meet. The main star of the show is the 5.0L Supercharged V8 under the hood, the Jaguar/Land Rover V8 is my personal favorite V8 engine of all time, yes it isn't the fastest V8 out there but I love it.

4. 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - What dream garage is complete without a Porsche right? The rear engine Flat 6 legend that is the 911 has only been improving ever since it launched all those decades ago and this latest track version is a whole new beast.

Honorable Mentions - Lexus LFA and Porsche Carrera GT, quite possibly two off the best sounding cars ever, not good for Indian roads though. Jaguar F-Pace SVR and Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR/Defender 90 V8, quite possibly my favorite SUV's you can buy today but not on the list as I didn't want to double dip with the Jaguar/Land Rover V8

So, LX570 for the family, F-Type SVR Convertible for bumbling around town and weekend drives, C6 RS6 Avant V10 for road trips and highway runs and the GT3 RS as the track weapon. Sounds like a recipe for the perfect Indian 4 car garage to me.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 09:08   #82
BHPian

How priorities change with time. Until few years back my ideal dream garage was a Crysta 2.8 and an reliable Electric Car (not E2O). Fast forward to today, I own a Crysta 2.8 which is going very strong even after 6 years of usage and I recently picked up a Pre-owned Nexon EV. However that's a head over heart decision to pickup an EV as I was also contemplating to get a 4x4 vehicle. And now my heart desires a 4x4 vehicle, mainly due to the fact that my Crysta failed to clear certain obstacles during one of the visits for buying a farm land. I have parked this for now due to other financial commitments, but I will certainly wait for few more years before picking up one and it's very much possible. I don't intend to change my Crysta and Nexon EV atleast for the next 5 years or so. And would certainly add one more 4x4 vehicle to the garage during this time.

Saying that, my dream garage collection would be an XC90 and XC40 Recharge/Kia EV6.

Most Viewed