Team-BHP - Viva Crdi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Viva Crdi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2592-viva-crdi.html)

I happened to pick up the latest issue of Auto India today just to kill time during my journey to office on the train. One of the stories covered by it was the Accent Viva Crdi.

Now one of the greatest achievements of Hyundai is that crdi engine. Simply put. Brilliant! And most of us here would agree on it. But somehow as i started reading the article, two things came to me. One, why is Hyundai selling that same engine in basically what is just a cheaper Accent and isn't this cannabilism.

Thoughts do run fast, but its best always to make an honest judgement about anything. So i proceeded to complete reading the article, which i should say was well written. A few things bout the car i didnt like. One, no ABS. Why? No idea why, costs could be one, but then if the Viva Petrol offers it as standard for a particular reason so can this version as well. The music system has also vanished. For a car costing close to 7.45 lakhs on-road mumbai, this is real bad news. 14 inch tyres on the Viva make the brakes work better, but then again that car needs ABS as standard since the stock brakes though better with bigger tyres arent something you can write poems about.

What surprises me though the most is the need to have two body designs. Infact what the public initially took the Viva as sporty no longer exists. The demand for the Viva has trickled off atleast in the Petrol segment. Hyundai is probably trying to revive the segment with this last ditch effort. But somehow i dont see them really going anywhere far. The problem is even though they have tried hard to position the two variants, Viva and sedan as different propositions, the buyer hasn't taken to it. For him, both somehow look the same, perform the same. And no, i am not talking team-bhpians here, cuz they are far too intelligent to make the right choices.

So what do you think, Viva CRDi-sensible proposition or not?

Apart from the looks, i think it's pointless to get another Accent with a CRDI engine.

For a more xpensive car, you should be getting much more, which the Viva crdi doesn't offer.

Well, the Vivia crdi might actually end up being sportier than it's petrol sibling. it might be a bit low on power but that 187nm of torque will do that job.

Interestingly, the Accent crdi turned out to be one of the fastest accents, even beating the petrol versions.

Regards...
Shan2nu

yes you are right. Many people look at accent viva as sporty car. It sure looks more sporty then normal accent but again crdi engine is also powerful and is backed by fuel efficiency of diesel engine. They are trying to market those people who like viva looks but need diesel engine instead hence the outcome is here.

Well, its upto you, can either buy CRDI or go for patrol version. Its your choice. But now you have both choices. Patrol or Diesel.

Just my $0.02.

Well..the accent Viva CRDi first of all is cheaper than the sedan by about 50k. What I believe is that the Honda City has come down a segment & now is directly in competition with the accent. Now the NHC beats the accent in most of the aspects be it sheer space or FE. So the petrol accent loses out to the NHC. To counter this i think hyundai has offered the Viva CRDi with similar pricing. Now the CRDi engine is great, has good FE backed by hyundai's service network & some people do find the looks of the viva sporty(for me its just crap). The booted version of Accent CRDi costs close to 8lakhs on road bombay while viva CRDi & NHC(EXi) are priced very neck to neck..the diff being of about 5k here & there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]One, no ABS. Why? No idea why, costs could be one, but then if the Viva Petrol offers it as standard for a particular reason so can this version as well. The music system has also vanished. For a car costing close to 7.45 lakhs on-road mumbai, this is real bad news. 14 inch tyres on the Viva make the brakes work better, but then again that car needs ABS as standard since the stock brakes though better with bigger tyres arent something you can write poems about.

revv...viva petrol is more expensive than the petrol sibling while in CRDi its the other way round. About the brakes they were much better on the car that i tested a few days back..not the best but not bad either plus with the heavy diesel engine & beefed up suspension the car was much moer stable at speeds of arnd 130km/h. & about the music system its good that they don't offer one bcoz whatever the give is just utterly useless..plain junk..I agree ABS should have been offered atleast as an option.

Its a better option than the Accent crdi!

I know people who love the Viva - it looks slightly different from the sedan. Going by what I've seen so far in India, diesel is king and this CRDi powerplant is not bad. So, I think it does make sense.

going by the parameters already pointed out, i think it would make sense to have just the VIVA. different apporach then the conventional sedans, plus the fact that it's cheaper than the Accent i see no reason why people would rather opt for the latter.

Even i had this same doubt when we went to book our car.,viva was cheaper, and lookd sportier than the accent crdi ,there is no music system nor abs for the bigger costlier accent tooo.anyway i bought the accent just bcz
1.it wasnt for my personal use,so sportier look took the back seat
2.the c pillar causes trouble for tall people in the rear and my family just happens to be filled with them