Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 19:29   #121
BANNED

Re: Skoda lost a repeat customer of 12 years | Dealer repainted panel of new Slavia, I got a full re

The views on this thread is becoming more and more contradictory in nature. Let's take the majority emotion here, that using 'power tactics' to get things done in our favour is fine and is what everyone wishes for. Outcome of this: dealer is taught a lesson.

If the above way of working is fine by all standards, why a dealer trying to make a business with 'lie tactics' is contempt by the same ones who support the above action. Is power tactics less illegal than lie tactics. I don't think the one with power (the Gov official) has given the dealer only advises like business ethics, 'you go to heaven if you do good' etc. to finally agree to full refund + compensation.

I have no issues with OP getting his hard earned money back, that's his right. But the way of approach is wrong is what my stand will always be. If the way of approach is believed as right, then will that official agree to share his name and designation in this forum so that we all can convey our regards for the outcome.

Last edited by pavi : 24th November 2022 at 19:38.
pavi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 23:42   #122
BHPian

Re: Skoda lost a repeat customer of 12 years | Dealer repainted panel of new Slavia, I got a full re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
This won't be covered in the normal "off the shelf" insurance cover.

This has to be structured/customised based on a risk perception on a case to case basis. But such risks can be covered IMHO.
Dealers take customised insurance policies covering a wide variety of natural perils, and legal troubles.

But this type of loss (1.50 lacs) is unfortunately not insurable, simply because there is no sound legal backing or enforceable contact.

This would be a real feel good story if the compensation amount is donated to a very deserving charity, or spent on some much needed infra for some remote Govt School

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 24th November 2022 at 23:47. Reason: Adding content
Old 25th November 2022, 01:51   #123
BHPian

A string of lies leading to huge losses, both of trust and money.

Reminds me of my S-Cross that had two scratches at the time of delivery. They were not obviously visible, but the dealership had them fixed on my first service in a way I was barely able to recognise the job.

These things do happen, but the dealership in the case of the OP should have been truthful. I believe they ended up paying a huge penalty trying to cover things up.
Old 25th November 2022, 08:30   #124
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Topic has been discussed enough and I am sure glad that it ended well for MarkivSkoda. Thread closed.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks