Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2023, 12:37   #106
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Guys, someone from my family is looking to buy a fast sedan in Mumbai. Options are:

- Mercedes C300D
- BMW 330i M-Sport
- BMW 530d

Please advise on any available deals in Bombay. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 13:00   #107
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, someone from my family is looking to buy a fast sedan in Mumbai. Options are:

- Mercedes C300D
- BMW 330i M-Sport
- BMW 530d

Please advise on any available deals in Bombay. Thanks!
I am a little curious why you haven't considered the BMW M340i in your shortlist. Isn't it the first and ideal choice when shopping for a fast sedan with that kind of budget.
//M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 14:21   #108
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
Neither a Doctor or a SE but good to know that only Two professions matter to MB

Thanks for the info though.
We picked up a GLA 220d 4 matic in Apr 22 with an ex-showroom fleet discount of 2L at a final price of 55L. Many corporate companies qualify for this type of discount and you might want to check with the dealer on this.

The 4WD does offer higher grip levels and the ground clearance has been more than adequate.
clementj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 14:24   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car’toon’ View Post
BMW x3 20d - the best year end offer I am getting is 79 OTR. I know it’s lower than the sticker price and the same car next year will cost much more, but I not able to convince myself that it’s a good deal at this price. Still in the ‘I am so confused - I don’t want to decide’ mode.

The other wild card option is a Volvo Xc40 recharge which would by 60 OTR. Though not in the same segment as Q5 or X3, the power and torque ratings (coupled with the fact that it’s electric and hence, one needn’t worry about E10 or 20) would be a big attraction. Might restrict usage of to the city, but increasingly seems like a perfect recipe to caterer to a cautious and thrifty mid life crisis.

With Volvo the service centres are scarce. With BMW at least you will have peace of mind of not worrying if there’s a service centre or not wherever you go. That Being said i would personally choose the X3 over the 60. It’s performance, road presence, posh interior. All make it a good deal specially at a big discount. Cheers.
TurboLag200 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 20:20   #110
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
If you are a doctor or a software engineer with one of the MNCs in India, you should get a flat 1.5L discount. This is directly from the Mercedes and not the dealers. I am not aware of any other discounts.
Do you mean software engineer with 'Indian MNC'? That's what it looked like when I was checking C & GLC couple of months back.

And the sales rep. clearly mentioned that there is no discount at the dealership level as the car being billed directly by Mercedes Benz India. I'm not sure how that works or even if its true!!
Old 15th January 2023, 20:53   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I am a little curious why you haven't considered the BMW M340i in your shortlist. Isn't it the first and ideal choice when shopping for a fast sedan with that kind of budget.
1. He loves Mercedes. Since the Hakkinen and MP4-14 days. C300d is his no.1 choice.

2. 50 lakh budget adjusted to 60 keeping in mind market conditions. Then 70. Any further budget increase and it becomes a moving target man.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 21:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1. He loves Mercedes. Since the Hakkinen and MP4-14 days. C300d is his no.1 choice.

2. 50 lakh budget adjusted to 60 keeping in mind market conditions. Then 70. Any further budget increase and it becomes a moving target man.
Go for the C300d. Completely new model that will be fresh in the market and hold its value for quite a while. Only diesel mild hybrid in the market as well. 530d isn’t worth it anymore with the price increases.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 01:01   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
Also did anyone from Delhi noticed listings by a seller by the name of AXIOM ASSOCIATES on OLX. They have posted several posting of new cars such as: A6, A4, Q5, 530i,Volvo XC60, S90 etc and are offering discount on ex-showroom price.
I have seen their ads on OLX and have been wondering about the same. Do they have demo cars? Also in case of octavia/kodiaq, they dont offer a significant discount, but ready availability of the model. I have been thinking about visiting their showroom, but any info from tbhp folks would be very welcome.
amitverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 01:13   #114
BHPian

Folks,

Preference split between new gen X1 and Audi Q3 for our first luxury car. More tilted towards Q3.

I heard Q3 is all CBU till 500 units. Are there chances of its price coming down when it is CKD and assembled locally?

Or, Any impact of X1 launch?

Any deals that you are aware of in Delhi on the Q3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
Good advice, I was probably being too naive in not asking for a document. I have asked now and will update if I get some info here. WRT new X1 vs Q3, I am fairly sold on Q3 for looks
Similar situation at my home. Father who is wanting to enter the luxury car segment is sort of sold on Audi brand and Q3 looks- accepting the feature shortcomings. You mentioned 3 lac discounts- Are they on just PP? or even the tech version?
Old 16th January 2023, 01:15   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
We picked up a GLA 220d 4 matic in Apr 22 with an ex-showroom fleet discount of 2L at a final price of 55L. Many corporate companies qualify for this type of discount and you might want to check with the dealer on this.
Well after an Initial TD and Overall look, Wife was very unimpressed so now next Option is the GLC but then the SR told me that the new facelifted GLC is launching somewhere in Feb-Mar 2023.

That puts initial booking plans on hold till I actually see the Spec sheet of the GLC 220d (Please be GLC 300d )
Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 10:57   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
Well after an Initial TD and Overall look, Wife was very unimpressed...
Do take a look at the AMG line spec as it may be more appealing to some. We were also unimpressed by the standard model and one ride in the GLA35 changed that. We preferred the black suede and aluminum interior to the standard model but liked the practicality of the 220d and the 4 matic was a good trade off. It's a very easy to live with car, nimble and sprightly in the city, very lively on the highways and efficient.

There weren't any real alternatives when we were looking out but I guess you have the Q3 and new X1 now and I d have had a tough choice to make at this time.

The new GLC will be without a doubt a great car but the segment is moving up and the new GLC 220d is set to land at 85L and the 300d coupe at 93L ish which is a good 50%-60% more. At that budget price point, you will have so much choice.

Good luck
clementj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 11:05   #117

Hi everyone,
Any idea if there are any ongoing discounts/offers on current stock X1 in the Delhi NCR region?
Old 16th January 2023, 13:26   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
Similar situation at my home. Father who is wanting to enter the luxury car segment is sort of sold on Audi brand and Q3 looks- accepting the feature shortcomings. You mentioned 3 lac discounts- Are they on just PP? or even the tech version?
I think they are on technology version as well. Basically, you can negotiate on the “logistics charge”, then they offer you inflated insurance quotes which you could take down by 50% based on a simple online comparison shopping website. Then there is a 1.6 lac support (most likely from Audi itself as both dealers in Mumbai offered exactly the same) on the higher registration cost for the car being a CBU. So all this shakes out to approx 3 lacs discount.
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 00:29   #119
BHPian

This is the Quote for XC 40 as I received from the SR today.

The discount is due to the car being in Stock and Mfd in 2022.

The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc-volvo-quote.jpg
Abhinav6683 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 13:38   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
Per dealer, the new Q3 is E20 compliant.
So it turns out the Q3 is not E20 compliant. The information is available in the user manual kept inside the vehicles, and one can check the same under the heading “Fuel” rather than naively taking the word of the dealership (and end up paying ~4K as the cancellation fee, like I did). The same is also mentioned in the backside of the fuel lid once you open it - it will say E5, E10.

So Q3 booking stands cancelled. Looking at this luxury car thread, it seems generally people are willing to take the risk or assume that E10 fuel will continue to be provided till the end of useful life of all the vehicles been sold as of now. I had hopes from the new BMW X1 as per this forum, BMW cars are E25 compliant. But looking at the puny engine offerings, that will be a tough decision to go for (assuming it actually is E25 compliant). Being an aspirational middle class salaried professional trying to climb into the entry level luxury segment, I am yet to digest this risk. In a perverse way, the only positive out of this exercise was that I realised I had made the right choice (ex of the fuel issue) as it still hurts to know Q3 won’t be mine (I even woke up sad the next day!). All the cars in the segment which I considered (GLA, outgoing X1, XC40) are very capable in their own right but I didn’t feel anything deciding against those cars. So when you are making this aspirational choice, go for the one which really tugs your heart strings!
Lux_Noob is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks