Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 23:35   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

My company bought an Audi Q5 Technology on road for R/s 75 l. Got 10 per cent off ex showroom price

Last edited by ajmat : 14th December 2022 at 22:07.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 10:56   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Several were looking at Audi discounts this month, did anyone close on a Q5 or A6? What were the final ex-showroom prices after discounts?
A childhood friend & neighbour just closed on a Q5 in Bombay. 63 lakhs dot, including 3-year service pack and 5-year warranty coverage. I think it's quite the deal because I love the car. A well-priced luxury crossover in a sea of overpriced cars.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 12:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A childhood friend & neighbour just closed on a Q5 in Bombay. 63 lakhs dot, including 3-year service pack and 5-year warranty coverage. I think it's quite the deal because I love the car. A well-priced luxury crossover in a sea of overpriced cars.
Premium plus version, I assume?
Old 14th December 2022, 13:46   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux_Noob View Post
Premium plus version, I assume?
Yes, it was the Premium Plus version.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 21:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yes, it was the Premium Plus version.
That’s a steal of a deal, I am being offered the Q5 technology at 68 on road in Gurgaon with the warranty and service package. Wondering if that’s a good deal at all now!

Last edited by manson : 14th December 2022 at 22:58. Reason: Typos.
sidwadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 22:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
That’s a steal of a deal, I am being offered the Q5 technology at 68 on road in Gurgaon with the warrant and service package ….. wondering if that’s a good deal at all now !
Discounts will vary across different dealers/cities. It all depends on stock they have and what quota they are planning to meet. When I got my Audi A4 in Bangalore, Kolkatta dealer had better offer based on posts which could be due to the stock they have/target they are trying to meet. Use data from other place as reference and see how much you can push further. At some point, you will get to a point where you see dealer backing off and that would be final price they can probably offer.

The other thing I've seen is discounts will be better for in stock car (which usually is limited inventory) over something they they have to book from production line. Also, second half of month is also when they are bit more flexible, especially December and March.

Last edited by neel911 : 14th December 2022 at 22:10.
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 23:00   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That’s a steal of a deal, I am being offered the Q5 technology at 68 on road in Gurgaon with the warranty and service package. Wondering if that’s a good deal at all now!
Factor in the delta between the Premium Plus and Technology variants and it is almost the same deal. As a value addition I think the Technology gets 5 years maintenance package as opposed to 3 years on the Premium Plus.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 23:57   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is your discounted ex-showroom price?
What is the RTO tax % in Gurgaon ? If it’s at par with MH where it’s 13% on undiscounted price which amounts to about 8.5L then you have a better deal.

I’m currently negotiating on a technology q5 too, will close in a day or two.

Last edited by Sahil : 15th December 2022 at 00:15.
Old 15th December 2022, 00:55   #54
MSJ
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Sahil, May I know with which dealer you are currently negotiating and what deal you are getting? someone in my family is also looking at Q5.

Last edited by MSJ : 15th December 2022 at 01:01.
Old 15th December 2022, 06:53   #55
BHPian

Took the delivery of my Snoopy(white Superb l&k) today. Got an overall discount of around 4 lakh from the local dealer(none of the other dealer could match it from 4 other states I got the quotation from) since they had one in stock and were willing to sell it at year end. That’s 2.4 lakh on ex showroom and 1.6 lakh on insurance , drive assure economy etc.
I couldn’t be more happier with the deal. The next best deal I got was 1.5 lakh more than what I got.
What a great underrated gem of a car I must say.
vipinS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Sahil, if you don't mind sharing, can you PM me the price you're closing at? The dealer in Pune is hard stuck on 67. We're negotiating a Q5 Premium Plus. Maybe if we book together they can sweeten the deal even further?
Old 15th December 2022, 16:46   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJ View Post
Hi Sahil, May I know with which dealer you are currently negotiating and what deal you are getting? someone in my family is also looking at Q5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
Hey Sahil, if you don't mind sharing, can you PM me the price you're closing at? The dealer in Pune is hard stuck on 67. We're negotiating a Q5 Premium Plus. Maybe if we book together they can sweeten the deal even further?
Push below 60 ex-showroom for Technology model. Any dealer can do this if you negotiate hard as offers are standard across. I have not decided on my dealer yet. Frankly, deal won't be sweetened in this case even if we club it as that is their rock bottom.

Premium plus inventory is almost sold out, hence they will not budge on price. Technology makes more sense too with the 5 year service as well as a host of features. Inventory of this is more hence you can push for discounts more, by the end the price diff is not much.

Last edited by Sahil : 15th December 2022 at 16:48.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 08:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
Have received an offer of 69 lakhs for Company registration from Mumbai dealer for Q5 Premium Plus.
Old 16th December 2022, 09:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

This has been quite the helpful thread/idea Sahil.
Quote:
the purpose of this thread is to be focused on the luxury car market.
What are your thoughts on making a secondary thread to be focused on the 'semi-luxury' car market, Skoda and VW? Solely for their CKD only models as the Octavia, Superb and Tiguan?

I understand they will be out of production in a few months time but all things point to them making a return later, with the Tiguan continuing on till the CBU/CKD replacements for the Octavia comes later in the year.
Maky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 11:16   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
What are your thoughts on making a secondary thread to be focused on the 'semi-luxury' car market, Skoda and VW? Solely for their CKD only models as the Octavia, Superb and Tiguan?
Aren’t Skoda Superb and Kodiaq luxury cars? L&K costs over 43 lakh on-road in majority of states and it’s even more for kodiaq.
For instance I compared Audi a4 premium and Superb L&K before finalising my Superb. These are the differences-

Better in Audi-
* Slightly better interiors
* More driver oriented
* Better field of view
* HUGE snob value
* 10 inch screen vs 8 in superb
* Better fuel efficiency

Better in superb -
* Priced few lakhs less
* Less expensive to maintain
* More spacious and comfortable
* Huge boot for luggage
* 2 more airbags
* TPMS
* Bigger sunroof
* Rear AC
* All mirror electronic
* 360 camera
* Front parking sensors
* Keyless start and stop
* Sensors on all gates
* Memory functions for seat
* Boss button for front seat adjustment
* Ventilated front seats (heated & cooled)
* Rear seats can fold in 60:40 split
* Ambient lights in multi colours
* Cornering headlights
* Driver side vanity mirror lights and puddle lamps
* Virtual cockpit
* Canton speaker system
* GPS navigation and that too in instrument cluster aswell
* 3 zone Ac climate
* Auto park assist
* 2 year more warranty
* More Comfortable and plush ride
* Rear camera washer
* Fatigue alert and auto collision braking at slow speed from both front and rear
* Much better alloy wheel design
* Cooled glovebox and handrest box
* Virtual boot opening
* Massage function for driver seat
* Voice command and gesture control
* Rain sensing wipers
* Front headlight washer
* Rear armrest with through loading
* Power Nap Package with 1 blanket and 2nd row outer headrests
* And last but not the least - 2 umbrellas like rolls Royce.

Now if we are talking about luxury badge then that’s a different thing all together but IMHO Superb is way more luxurious than a base a4 or anything below 60 lakh on-road cars.
vipinS is offline   (27) Thanks

Most Viewed