Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 19:22   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car’toon’ View Post
l
The discounts on Q5 (tech) that the Delhi and Mumbai dealerships are offering don’t seem to be the case in chennai. I am not sure if I should continue haggling or whether the manufacturer support is different for different cities (based on volumes)
Support is same. Chennai dealer is milking it perhaps due to less competition or a cartel arrangement between both dealers. As a customer you are free to buy from anywhere in the country. Territory issues are the headache of the dealer hence if you can convince a dealer in another city to bill to you and you pay for flat bed transport you can save a lot. Many dealer will oblige to meet their targets and perhaps find a loophole understanding from you of some sort that you have an office in Mumbai or Delhi.
I have bought several cars from Delhi when that market was a blood bath due to competition before covid. Registered all these cars in MH myself and I have no property in Delhi. Dealers managed internal brand territory manadate themselves.

You can def get the Q5 tech at 70 OTR, infact even below.
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 22:53   #77

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Thanks for the guidance! I think this helps clear my head on how much to push. There is only one dealer in chennai - so they enjoy a monopoly in pricing. Will explore the option of buying in Mumbai and transporting it over.

Any view on the x3 vs q5 conundrum? Would an X3 fetch a corresponding premium over Q5 if I choose to sell after 5 years?
Car’toon’ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:42   #78
BHPian

The one thing that will work in favour of the X3 in the near future is its engine’s certification for E25 fuel norms unlike the Q5 which is certified for E10. Personally that would be my biggest worry point now on buying a new gasoline powered vehicle.

Last edited by SR-71 : 22nd December 2022 at 10:56.
SR-71 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 18:01   #79

Ohh… that’s a very useful tip. Presume this is only a petrol engine problem and if I choose to go with an BMW X3 20d - I needn’t worry about the proposed Ethanol blend in fuel effective next year?

Since we are on this topic - any guidance if BS6 phase 2 would adversely impact (ie restrict life) of diesel cars from next year?
Old 23rd December 2022, 20:32   #80

I did some investigation on fuel certification of Audi engines. The showroom folks haven’t been able to provide any technical documentation on the ability of the engine to handle ethanol blends (so forget E20, there is no proof that it can handle E10 fuel either). I have been googling to find out some proof that BMWs are E25 compliant (couldn’t find that either).

I believe this is going to be a big game changer defining new petrol car sales for the next 9 to 12 months / until manufacturers are able to ensure compliance or the govt assures that high octane petrol is more largely available for vehicles that can’t handle flexi fuel.

Pending this clarity, maybe petrol car purchases, especially in the luxury segment, should be handled cautiously.
Car’toon’ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 00:23   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would an X3 fetch a corresponding premium over Q5 if I choose to sell after 5 years?
The 2017-2018 5 Series were being quoted at a 5 lac premium over similar vintage and driven A6 back in 2021 when I was looking out for one. This was largely due to the 5 being a newer generation compared to to the last generation matrix edition A6 and also the 5 being a rear wheel drive.

Last edited by manson : 24th December 2022 at 00:24.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 07:05   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been googling to find out some proof that BMWs are E25 compliant (couldn’t find that either).
My 2020 G20 330i is E25 compliant.
Attached Thumbnails
The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc-screenshot_20221224070214.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 12:08   #83
BHPian

This is great info on ethanol blending, something I had no idea about but can have deep ramifications on car warranty/resale in 3-4 years. T-BHP rules! But also another point of confusion for potential luxury car buyers like me who are already fairly confused!. Anyway, a google research indicates 15% blending tolerance for the new Audi Q3 as of 2020. I will post further if I hear from the dealer on this (as I am considering this car).

https://ownersmanuals2.com/audi/q3-2...75013/page-199
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 13:43   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I did some investigation on fuel certification of Audi engines. The showroom folks haven’t been able to provide any technical documentation on the ability of the engine to handle ethanol blends (so forget E20, there is no proof that it can handle E10 fuel either). I have been googling to find out some proof that BMWs are E25 compliant (couldn’t find that either).
I had been doing some similar research as I have been going back and forth on my decision. I am cross posting what I already posted in the Ethanol blending thread.
The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc-e20_impact.jpg
This nice chart, I came across in the wiki shows it's not as much as the engine, but other parts, a significant set of them that are impacted. And if they go south in any of the European steeds, am pretty sure it will cost a pretty penny to get them fixed. Now the only one from that list that seems to be safe from this mess are the BMWs as they officially support up to E25 blends. I know the Camry has E85 capable units running in Thailand. Baring that I am unaware of any gasoline powered car in the value luxury or premium segment in India that either supports the E20 blending already or has proven capability to do so with units running elsewhere in the world.

Last edited by SR-71 : 24th December 2022 at 13:51.
SR-71 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 06:24   #85

BMW x3 20d - the best year end offer I am getting is 79 OTR. I know it’s lower than the sticker price and the same car next year will cost much more, but I not able to convince myself that it’s a good deal at this price. Still in the ‘I am so confused - I don’t want to decide’ mode.

The other wild card option is a Volvo Xc40 recharge which would by 60 OTR. Though not in the same segment as Q5 or X3, the power and torque ratings (coupled with the fact that it’s electric and hence, one needn’t worry about E10 or 20) would be a big attraction. Might restrict usage of to the city, but increasingly seems like a perfect recipe to caterer to a cautious and thrifty mid life crisis.
Car’toon’ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 22:17   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Still in the ‘I am so confused - I don’t want to decide’ mode.
If you don’t close within a week, you will be in “I missed the bus” mode.

This should wake you up and hopefully help others in the market:
Here is the final deal I closed, 56.5L ex-showroom for the Q5 Technology! Inclusive of 5 years service and 5 year warranty. Free Audi all weather mats along with the carpet ones. Some taniqsh pendant worth 75k. No depot or other hidden charges. My Final OTR is around 66-67L. Blue with brown interior car allotted, was Oct 2022 MFD but is MY2023 which has different rims. Delivery happening this week, will register week after to get 2023 regn year.
Sahil is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 23:19   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I closed, 56.5L ex-showroom for the Q5 Technology! Inclusive of 5 years service and 5 year warranty. Free Audi all weather mats along with the carpet ones. Some taniqsh pendant worth 75k. No depot or other hidden charges. My Final OTR is around 66-67L.

That's an awesome deal.. If you don't mind, can you private message the contact detail of the sales guy in Mumbai? I have offices in Mumbai too - so will probably just leverage of this deal and have the car transported to Chennai.

Just curious - all these discussions about E20 compliance -didn't bother you/inhibit your buying decision? What is the plan - run the car on high octane petrol thru its life (i.e. make peace with the higher rate/litre and restricted availability?)
Old 26th December 2022, 06:52   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's an awesome deal.. If you don't mind, can you private message the contact detail of the sales guy in Mumbai? I have offices in Mumbai too - so will probably just leverage of this deal and have the car transported to Chennai.

Just curious - all these discussions about E20 compliance -didn't bother you/inhibit your buying decision? What is the plan - run the car on high octane petrol thru its life (i.e. make peace with the higher rate/litre and restricted availability?)
Frankly the sales guy has been useless. As mentioned earlier, it is always best to speak to senior management at any dealership if you want a good deal. I simply go to the dealerships website and get the numbers from there. Also please note this price is not just some special offer for Mumbai, schemes are the same across the country so any dealer is capable of doing so. Your best approach would be to call senior management at Chennai and let them know this is the price YOU are getting in Mumbai, push them to match it or lose the business as you have an office in Mumbai.

Regarding E20 compliance, frankly I have not read into it too much. Mainly as the car comes with 5 year warranty and service so if something goes wrong it’s Audi’s headache.
I also believe car makers cannot and will not leave consumers stranded. Either the cars have a solution inbuilt or they will figure a way out with the govt. if this was such an issue then half the cars would stop running.
Sahil is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:27   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Your best approach would be to call senior management at Chennai and let them know this is the price YOU are getting in Mumbai, push them to match it or lose the business as you have an office in Mumbai.
Did this... Been told they can't improve on the offer they made earlier. Also, spoke with the Audi Mumbai South sales head (Jubilant owns both the Chennai and Mumbai south dealership) and didn't get a better offer.
Old 26th December 2022, 21:22   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did this... Been told they can't improve on the offer they made earlier. Also, spoke with the Audi Mumbai South sales head (Jubilant owns both the Chennai and Mumbai south dealership) and didn't get a better offer.
I’m well aware. Not a good idea to take direct info from here and share with dealerships and ask them to match. It almost never works and infact backfires. Do note that criteria for discount is different for every customer depending on various factors and schemes by the brand.

Info shared here should merely be used as a reference point without disclosing Tbhp as source for your own negotiations. This is the only way we can openly share here without jeopardising each others deals.
Sahil is offline   (26) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks