Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 16:18   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc

Since the original thread "NEW car price check" is getting too cluttered(over 600 pages now), the purpose of this thread is to be focused on the luxury car market.

This thread can also act as a "I booked my car" thread for the luxury buyers.
Let's try to stick to a format for such posts to make it easier for everyone:

Ex-showroom Price:
Insurance:
Accessories or Freebies(if applicable):
Service Pack(if applicable)
On-Road Price:

Sharing below some tips and tricks from my luxury car buying negotiations:

- You are negotiation is only as good as your research, hence such threads are KEY to helping you get the best price. I personally have benefited greatly and shared openly, even though dealers make you feel like your price is a "secret", which is a myth. Hence share your discounts openly for everyone's benefit.

- Always negotiate on ex-showroom price for discounts. The on-road price is usually super inflated to make you feel like you are getting a good deal but the base price is ex-showroom.

- Get insurance quotes from websites, brokers, etc. They are almost always cheaper than the dealers initial quote. Most often the dealer will match whatever you get outside.

- Year end discounts are real! Nov, Dec are best months to buy as most manufacturers have to report sales number to their international HQs which have financial year ending in December.
January is also a good month especially if they have stock of the previous month/years inventory lying around.
Lastly, March too a decent time to fetch discounts as it is India's financial year ending.

- Shop around, across cities and states to get multiple quotes even though dealers will refuse to sell to you stating territory issues. However, getting their quotes helps you get your local dealer to match up.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd November 2022 at 13:10. Reason: Cross-linking to original 'New Car Price Check' thread.
Sahil is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:43   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Starting this thread off with the master of discounting, Audi.

A close friend got a quote for a Q5 OTR for 65 without even bargaining a lot. Manson, being Manson, bettered that quote and last week got a Q5 quotation for 64 OTR with 3-year service pack & 5-year warranty. This is from Audi Mumbai West.

While on the topic, here's a good joke from a good industry friend:
The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc-annotation-20191001-170807.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2022 at 15:47.
GTO is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:43   #3
BHPian

Re: The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes

Can we make a request in this thread too?
Wanted to know what OTRs people got for:
BMW X6, Mercedes GLE Coupe and Porsche cayenne coupe.

The taxes and insurances on these cars are pretty high and difficult to guess how much they actually cost with just seeing the ex-showroom.
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes discounts are sadly dead. I have shelved my plans to buy a GLA 4matic (61L on-road for an entry level crossover based on the A class just seems wrong no matter how you put it). Figured I might as well stretch to 70L and get the new w206 C class. However that turned out to have very low ground clearance (scraped on every speed bump unlike the older w205 C class.) Also the star agility finance quote the salesman shared seemed to be wrong. Loan amount had about 5l extra (according to the salesman, this is where the 4 year service package has been added) and the column dedicated to service package in the quote had just about 70k in it (he claims that's where the 4th year extended warranty had been added). That just seemed shady so I called it off.
Cresterk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 15:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Volvo Cars India has hiked the prices of the XC40 Recharge, XC60 and XC90.

Updated prices:

The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc-smartselect_20221124150510_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th November 2022 at 15:06.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 19:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volvo Cars India has hiked the prices of the XC40 Recharge, XC60 and XC90.

Updated prices:

Attachment 2383291

Link
At this point I think they are just hoping that people on the fence will get scared and jump to purchase it thinking it will go up even further. Except the XC40 recharge, every other car of theirs is inferior to the versions they were selling 3 years ago before they started cutting out features.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:29   #7
BHPian

Most luxury cars currently have long waitlist periods, so I really doubt if any discounts are offered. All people care about is how fast any dealer can get them the car. A friend recently booked a Mercedes EQS with a Mumbai dealer and paid the entire amount upfront. He was promised delivery by 20th November. However, a day before the delivery he was told that his car did not pass the PDI test, hence another one will be allotted to him soon.

It's obvious that the dealer tried to pull a fast one on him and got the car allotted to someone else, probably so that he doesn't lose the sale. My friend, on his part, asked the dealer to show some proof about the car being allotted to him and then failing the PDI. Nothing has been provided so far.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th November 2022 at 04:51. Reason: Typos
manishk123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A close friend got a quote for a Q5 OTR for 65 without even bargaining a lot. Manson, being Manson, bettered that quote and last week got a Q5 quotation for 64 OTR with 3-year service pack & 5-year warranty. This is from Audi Mumbai West.
That's a great deal. Is this from Mumbai dealer and for 2022 cars? A friend was looking for Q5 in August and he wasn't offered much from the Pune dealer. May be it's the year end effect.
Old 25th November 2022, 12:54   #9
BHPian

Q5 Premium Plus was going for 60-61 on road in NCR in September 2022.
I've seen that either buy before price hike/model refresh or in December for best discounts. Right now, BMW has great discounts going on X1 and Audi on A/Q everything. Pound for pound, Merc feels more expensive and underpowered usually, so haven't explored that.
AZ911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Most luxury cars currently have long waitlist periods so really doubt if any discounts are offered. All people car about is how fast any dealer can get them the car. A fired recently booked a Mercedes EQS with a Mumbai dealer and paid up the entire amount upfront. He was promised delivery by 20th November. However, a day before the delivery he was told that his car did not pass the PDI test, hence another one will be allowed to him soon.

It's obvious that the dealer tried to pull a fast one over him and got the car allotted to someone else, probably so that he doesn't lose the sale. My friend on his part asked the dealer to show some proof about the car being allotted to him and then failing the PDI. Nothing has been provided so far.
As far as I know, mercedes corporate controls allotment and you cannot be assigned a car just like that unless you are already next in the waiting list. If you do suspect foul play, ask to cancel the car and demand full refund and if they can suddenly produce a car out of their ass, then that means they were trying to pull a fast one over you.

Either way, never pay full amount till you have already seen your allotted car in person.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:40   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Q5 Premium Plus was going for 60-61 on road in NCR in September 2022.
I've seen that either buy before price hike/model refresh or in December for best discounts. Right now, BMW has great discounts going on X1 and Audi on A/Q everything. Pound for pound, Merc feels more expensive and underpowered usually, so haven't explored that.
The Q5 is really tempting at early 60s OTR. Might take the plunge next month.

How are the stock levels looking?

Any idea if the Q7 or RS models on good discounts?

Would love to consider a RS7 or Etron RS at a distress

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.sathyan View Post
Can we make a request in this thread too?
Wanted to know what OTRs people got for:
BMW X6, Mercedes GLE Coupe and Porsche cayenne coupe.

The taxes and insurances on these cars are pretty high and difficult to guess how much they actually cost with just seeing the ex-showroom.
RTO tax is a % of the ex-showroom price(in most states) so pretty easy to calculate. Insurance you can always check via your broker or online portals.

The cars you are asking for are niche and best would be to call dealerships and see what you are being offered. Post the prices here and if someone has got a quote they will share or most often someone sees a price and gets interested, as in my case above with the Q5.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Not sure on the stock levels or the Q7, but with the sales numbers, I think they should have some stock that they would want to let go on a good discount. I picked up one myself in September for that price. The car is fantastic and premium plus is decently loaded as well. Couldn't stretch my budget, but if you can, technology has some cool features like adaptive dampers, virtual cockpit, wireless charging and memory seats. Pretty decent list for 5L extra.
AZ911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 16:49   #13
BHPian

In the market for a Mercedes E200 Exclusive, from the two dealerships I've tried to find out, no discounts, wait time is around 3 months after placing the order.

Any better luck?
Old 25th November 2022, 16:59   #14
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Last week the discounts were about 8 Lacs off on the Q5 and couple of lacs on the Q7. As for the stock levels on Q5, I was informed that none of the Premium Plus variants are available and the technology variants are also starting to move out at above discounts.
I was trying to negotiate up to 11L off for a group buy of 4+ cars and haven't had the kind of response i was hoping. I don't see the discount going too high up from here.

I am trying for the Q8 now, which could be available for a better price in the next month, do let me know if you're interested in that.
Old 25th November 2022, 18:08   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Last week the discounts were about 8 Lacs off on the Q5 and couple of lacs on the Q7. As for the stock levels on Q5, I was informed that none of the Premium Plus variants are available and the technology variants are also starting to move out at above discounts.
I was trying to negotiate up to 11L off for a group buy of 4+ cars and haven't had the kind of response i was hoping. I don't see the discount going too high up from here.

I am trying for the Q8 now, which could be available for a better price in the next month, do let me know if you're interested in that.
Thanks for the info. If stocks are running low the discounts do get hampered hence if someone is keen and clear its better to close rather than lose the deal over trying to gain 2-3L more.

Do keep us posted on the Q8, this is the correct thread to form a consortium for group buys. By sharing info here, people who aren't interested particularly in the market may get tempted and jump in. I am a big victim of this
What's the Q8 ex-showroom working out to after discounts now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
In the market for a Mercedes E200 Exclusive, from the two dealerships I've tried to find out, no discounts, wait time is around 3 months after placing the order.

Any better luck?
MBIL controls the price completely now. They have been on a high as they made this switch at the right time but now market is back to normal, with Audi and BMW back to discounting, it won't be long before MBIL has to succumb. Make take them a bit longer to crack but it's inevitable.

Last edited by Sahil : 25th November 2022 at 18:10.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed