Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 14:06   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We have seen the magic effect of the a factory fit CNG on the WagonR.....I say this is only going to boost the Santro big time.

Good move by Hyundai. Only disappointment is that they have taken too long. Hyundai used to be a fast mover during the early days.
I have to take my words back, as the Santro CNG is not a factory fit. Whether the dealer or any other company fits in....things just arent the same as a factory fit. This is obviously a stop-gap from Hyundai to match Marutis offering.

WagonR still rules in that respect.
Old 5th October 2008, 14:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
I had installed a 14 kg cylinder in my 2003 Santro ZIP in 2005. The best fuel efficiency i got from it was 0.65 Rs/KM. Normally it was 80-90 in peak summers. The boot was all gone but the spare wheel could be removed by double folding the rear seats. Only thing i noticed was that the rear suspension had been pressed a lot. But i came to notice it only when i uninstalled it before selling the car. Overall i feel its a nice option only if

1. You live in Delhi region.
2. You drive alone 80% of time.
3. You dont travel a lot (>50 kms) as otherwise youll have to stand at pumps for atleast 15-30 minutes daily
This is really good. Its damn cheap. But the report I got from Ahmedabad is that it cost arround 1.25 to 1.5 Rs/KM. This may be because in Ahmedabad CNG costs at 28 Rs./Kg.

I am considering this option in Pune. Pune will have 10 CNG pumps soon. And if everything goes well then it should start before Commonwealth Youth Games. So must be in next week or so. The price at pune will be Rs. 22.22/Kg

What is the logic of " 2. You drive alone 80% of time." ? Does it slog if there are more people in the car ?

To avoid the no. of visits to pumps can we have a bigger cylinder ?
Old 19th January 2011, 01:53   #33
BHPian

Re: Hyundai launches new CNG Santro !!!

Its a 3 year old thread and still a few posts and the last one being 3 years old!

My bit for this one; I own a Santro GLS CNG (company fitted) and its a gem of a car (read CNG cars!).

It had a few hiccups initially (like ECU failing, incomplete combustion of petrol etc) but now things seem to be smooth (touchwood). The car is really good for city use, has good torque on CNG - so driveability is fantastic!

The average is usually around 20-22/kg in the city and goes upto 26-28/kg on good highways on 80-100 speeds.

The only downside of this car is the lack of space, tall people would find it hard to drive it for long distances. My knees start aching after a 3-4 hour drive because of the insufficient legroom at the front and awkward design of the pedals.

I usually drive the car alone and sometimes with my girlfriend, and even then i feel the Lack of space all the time! So I do Not recommend it to families!

If you accommodate yourself comfortably in it then go ahead and buy it w/o any second thoughts!! The new breed of Maruti CNG (Alto/WgnR/Estilo) cars still cannot match the quality and driveablity of the Epsilon and also the overall car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks