Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 18:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
IThe Hycross bookings are not cheap - Most dealer bookings are taking Rs. 1 lakh in advance
I was asked to pay a lakh to book my Crysta earlier this year; dealer settled at 50k given the uncertainty in timelines.

Quote:
So if they garner 100,000 bookings
While we may not have exact figures, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the hefty bulk of Innova sales have been yellow plate and that diesel : petrol has been ~ 9:1.

Is the Hycross an apt replacement for the Crysta from a taxi / fleet owners' perspective? Because that's where the meat is. Not sure what Toyota have in mind, but we can be reasonably sure Toyota can pull a rabbit.
Old 29th November 2022, 20:10   #17
BHPian

I called a Toyota Dealership today to enquire about Crysta been coming back as I'm waiting eagerly to get one. He shared some bad news with me. Looks like even Toyota Dealers are not having proper info about how things are gonna go in coming days.

As per what he told me is - They haven't got any info about whether crysta will be back or not and even if it does, it will be petrol only for fleet and will be the base GX Variant.

I asked him why would anyone buy a Petrol Crysta over HyCross? He simply said - Manual Transmission and being the base model, it will be cheaper.

Not entirely convinced by his words, will try to reach my other dealers nearby

P.S : He still has one Diesel Crysta ZX that he can give me, but unfortunately out of my budget :(
Old 29th November 2022, 20:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I was asked to pay a lakh to book my Crysta earlier this year; dealer settled at 50k given the uncertainty in timelines.

Is the Hycross an apt replacement for the Crysta from a taxi / fleet owners' perspective? Because that's where the meat is. Not sure what Toyota have in mind, but we can be reasonably sure Toyota can pull a rabbit.
Even for the fleet operators, buying a diesel now is a big risk. Government is increasingly under pressure to show they are doing something about pollution levels and diesel cars are the easiest target. Fleet operator's business depends on reliability of the car as well as the residual value of the car. With a diesel, one should expect the car's value to go to zero by 10 years mark in all states now. There are too many trigger-happy organizations in our country itching to enforce bans to justify their existence. I think fleet operators will embrace hybrid. In Toyota's home country, every taxi running around is a hybrid. Be it the small JPN taxi or the bulky Alphard, even though petrol is costlier there as well. So it is natural that they have the confidence in pushing hybrid to replace diesel.

I think the diesel Crysta MT will come back and stay for sometime, may be till end of 2023 just to cover the risk of losing fleet operators and will be discontinued. I am afraid, the AT variants will never come back. Toyota will actively try to route all private buyers to Hycross and discontinuing AT variants is the easiest way to do that.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 29th November 2022 at 20:24.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 21:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Innova Crysta diesel uncertainty would most likely mirror Maruti's 1.5 BS6 diesel. Toyota will say diesel is coming, till the hybrid FE is established in real life conditions.

We might see a stripped down petrol and/or hybrid version of Hycross for fleet operators.

I think the Crysta delisting seems to be a bit early, although am not sure if this means dealers will not sell even petrol Crystas to fleet operators. Knowing Toyota, pretty sure Hycross base petrol would be sold at a premium over the current Crysta Petrol GX.

Toyota would rather want to keep customers shopping in the showroom than lose sales to say Mahindra Marazzo.
Old 30th November 2022, 21:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Updated Toyota Innova Crysta could get CNG option.

Quote:
The 2.7-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine that was so long offered with the Innova Crysta that will be brought back in CNG-spec.
Quote:
Innova Crysta could be christened with a new name.

Will see a variant rejig to make space for more premium Innova Hycross
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th November 2022 at 21:17.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 22:32   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Updated Toyota Innova Crysta could get CNG option.
Innova is a premium offering from Toyota and fitting CNG would be a disrespect to the model. People usually go for CNG because of the running cost factor (not environmental) and FE of this wouldn't be good for sure. So, a person ready to spend>20L would be going for diesel or hybrid options rather than their 20-25L Innova waiting in long queues of WagonRs ,Xcents and Dzires.
Considering fleet owners, this CNG option may attract them but still Innova and CNG don't look good together in my opinion.
Lovecars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 22:42   #22
BHPian

Innova Crysta will be back with only diesel option and in only G and GX variants in Jan 2023.

Source

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd December 2022 at 18:58. Reason: Spacing; typo
singh.saab is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th January 2023, 10:51   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The Innova Crysta has been relaunched!

Only Diesel Manual available in 4 variants: G, GX, VX and ZX. The taxi market is going to lap this up in no time!

Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched-356c710536e14cd984b0abff113e64af.jpeg

The fog lights and indicators are from the pre-facelift model! Just using left over bits…

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 27th January 2023 at 10:53.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 10:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Toyota India has opened bookings for the new Innova Crysta at Rs 50k

- It will be available with 7- and 8-seat layouts; gets a 2.4-litre diesel with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched-20230127_105123.jpg

- 4 variants on offer

- ZX (7 Seater)
- VX (7/8 Seater)
- GX (7/8 Seater)
- G (7/8 Seater)

Quote:
- Facelifted Toyota Innova Crysta revealed in India.
Pre-launch bookings open now for token of Rs 50,000.

- The MPV comes in four trims: G, GX, VX, and ZX.

- It gets a new grille with plenty of chrome for added bling.

- Features include eight-inch infotainment, powered driver’s seat, and seven airbags.

- Gets only the 150PS 2.4-litre diesel engine, paired with a 5-speed MT.

- Prices expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th January 2023 at 11:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 11:15   #25
BANNED

Toyota Kirloskar gives the Crysta a face even its mother couldn't love! Also no automatic. All this just for the sake of (push) the bloated Hycross.
Sankar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 11:29   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Innova Crysta has been relaunched!

Only Diesel Manual available in 4 variants: G, GX, VX and ZX. The taxi market is going to lap this up in no time!

Attachment 2410832

The fog lights and indicators are from the pre-facelift model! Just using left over bits…
Will this be exclusively for the commercial market?
Claws is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 11:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Toyota Kirloskar gives the Crysta a face even its mother couldn't love! Also no automatic. All this just for the sake of (push) the bloated Hycross.
Toyota may not sell this for long. May be a stop gap arrangement until Hycross stabilizes as current wait time is about a year. Given how well Toyota manages inventory, I doubt this will be stock clearance effort but will be interesting to see how market reacts. After price hikes/BS6 yellow board market is not too keen on Crysta.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 11:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think the diesel Crysta MT will come back and stay for sometime, may be till end of 2023 just to cover the risk of losing fleet operators and will be discontinued. I am afraid, the AT variants will never come back. Toyota will actively try to route all private buyers to Hycross and discontinuing AT variants is the easiest way to do that.

As expected, HyCross is the way forward for private buyers. Removing AT from Crysta is the easiest way of pushing private buyers away from Crysta. Even the taxi market will warm up to HyCross in some time. Resale value is an important part of their profit-loss equation as well. Diesel vehicle resale value is now a huge risk with more states planning for blanket bans. Once the Taxi market also warms up to Hybrid, Crysta will be discontinued.
padmrajravi is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 11:52   #29
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Toyota may not sell this for long. May be a stop gap arrangement until Hycross stabilizes as current wait time is about a year.
I estimate the Crysta in its current form to be on the market till 2025-2026 minimum for two reasons 1) Toyota's 10 year BOF product cycle and 2) If they were going to stop soon it they wouldn't have updated it to meet RDE norms and re-launched it with this face. BS6 Diesel Crystas are still popular as taxis here, and now since the bookings are again open expect to see more of them on the road.

When Toyota starts offering hybrid in the lower variants of Hycross I guess we can expect the Diesel Crysta's plug to be pulled. I think Hycross G hybrid launch and Diesel Crysta EOL would be closely spaced.

Last edited by Sankar : 27th January 2023 at 11:53.
Sankar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 11:56   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
After price hikes/BS6 yellow board market is not too keen on Crysta.
Not at all!!

Having talked to some cabbies about the Crysta being discontinued, they all gave very similar responses, ‘whenever the Crysta is re-launched, our travel company will be booking a minimum of 2 or 3 of them because everyone wants to travel in one!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Once the Taxi market also warms up to Hybrid, Crysta will be discontinued.
For the time being only the G-SLF variant of the HyCross can be commercially registered, which means it’s a Gasoline + AT, which no yellow board is going to prefer! In the future Toyota may launch a base Hybrid for the cabbies. Till then there is absolutely nothing like a Diesel Crysta for them!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed