Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 16:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched

Toyota has removed the Innova Crysta from its official website. However, it’s still unclear if the model has been completely phased out from the Indian market.

Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched-screenshot-20221128-161625.jpg

Toyota debuted its next-generation MPV called the 'Innova Hycross' earlier this month, which is a radical departure from the Innova we’re familiar with. It is based on a front-wheel drive monocoque architecture, unlike the Innova Crysta which used a ladder-frame chassis with rear-wheel drive. Moreover, the new model is only available with petrol engines.

Considering both these factors, it had been reported that Toyota was likely to sell the new Hycross alongside the current Innova Crysta, with the latter being reserved for the fleet market.

Whether Toyota is planning to relaunch the Innova Crysta in a facelifted avatar or has discontinued it for good remains to be seen.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th November 2022 at 16:20.
TusharK is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 16:54   #2
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched

Crysta was removed from Indonesian site too but it's still listed in Thailand, where Hycross isn't launched still.
Stolidus500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 17:37   #3
BHPian

It just shows Innova Hycross but once you click on the image you get the older Innova Crysta details only

Link :

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/innova/
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta delisted from official website. EDIT : Now relaunched-28a65c7b86c64918a33c88c9af40efbc.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 19:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Checked with my SA; he mentioned that the Crysta is currently not on sale, as of now. Not sure what that means; I doubt he knows either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
It just shows Innova Hycross but once you click on the image you get the older Innova Crysta details only
You see Hycross now.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 19:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Six years later I still don't see a replacement for the Crysta if I was looking for one. I'm not hycross type of person, if I were then I would have bought the corolla/vag sedan instead. In 2016 i bought the crysta because I liked what its built on (literally) not for its 7/8 seats. I bought the 8 seater with bench middle row just so that I can remove the third row and still seat 5 which is all I need and was driving with the third row removed for a long time.

The deletion of Crysta from the website is quite logical. Why?
TKM was only selling petrol crystas and hycross is its replacement. I expect the diesel crysta to be back on sale next year.
Sankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 23:05   #6
BHPian

So now Crysta became a niche product. Don't sell if you have and those who are looking pre-worshipped will get it only higher than ex-showroom price. Expecting auctions soon.
Capricorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 08:16   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta diesel to continue as its bookings are currently suspended due to component shortage.

Masakazu Yoshimura, TKM managing director:

Quote:
Bookings were piling up; we were not able to confirm a delivery date to our customers. We suspended bookings temporarily, but will reopen it shortly

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th November 2022 at 08:20.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 08:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Diesel Innova Crysta to continue. Will largely cater to fleet market.

Quote:
Production of Innova Crysta will improve from February 2023 onwards and the company will try to produce on an average of about 2,000-2,500 units per month to satiate the needs of predominantly diesel buyers.
Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 29th November 2022 at 09:06.
Old 29th November 2022, 09:07   #9
BHPian

I highly doubt Crysta will be brought back, especially for private white plate sales. How will Toyota wean off Indians from Diesel mindset and make us embrace Hybrids as our only choice if a diesel crysta is still available as an option. They have purposefully discontinued diesel Crysta to prepare Indians for Hycross and create a backlog of ready-to-buy customers. All this component shortage is hogwash! If other manufacturers are not facing component-supply problems with diesel cars; I serious doubt why only Toyota, with all its poweress, should have a problem. Yes, they may still bring back G & GX Crysta diesel for fleets but that is only after 3 to 6 months of Hycross sales.

Also, remember there was similar disappointment among customers when Qualis was discontinued. all new Innova was much pricier than Qualis at that point, and many felt the aerodynamic shape of Innova was little quirky but soon we Indians realized how it was perfect for us. I somehow have high confidence on Hycross at this point. It is going to deliver huge mileage gains in our city conditions (15 kmpl vs 10 kmpl is also improvement) and some of our highways as well are not truly high speed (meaning <60 miles per hour) where hybrid will still show benefits.

Last edited by Comrade : 29th November 2022 at 09:11.
Comrade is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 11:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
All this component shortage is hogwash! If other manufacturers are not facing component-supply problems with diesel cars; I serious doubt why only Toyota, with all its poweress, should have a problem.
Absolutely. Toyota is taking time to find a medicine to heal the wound it created from poor customer experience with an engine (not discounting its power and reliability though) that was tweaked to meet BS6 emission norms. I was a victim twice in less than a month with the car switched off automatically with no MID indication.
Sadly, Toyota failed to see the long term benefit of initial investments to retain customer loyalty by living up to its so called "quality standards". Based on the media report, it looks like either Toyota is taking up the time to find a fix or axe the Diesel model itself to the advantage of Hycross. I'm sure the later will be a costlier package and long term ownership like 10 year and above are doubtful given the naïve battery technology we are at.
Old 29th November 2022, 15:08   #11
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta diesel production will resume next year beginning and No petrol as per Toyota Kirloskar Chairman in below interview. Its diesel engine is meeting Euro6/RDE norms and is exported as well. He clarifies the same for Fortuner engine as well.

Last edited by sulliavi : 29th November 2022 at 15:10.
sulliavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:51   #12
BHPian

Globally, there is a decreasing investment in diesel engine development. BS 6.2 needs investment, with a LTV of just 10 years. Not interesting for a manufacturer. You will end up selling what you have already, focus on ROI rather than innovation.
No surprise if Crysta becomes a commercial vehicle only.
Today, when you look at the world, we are amongst the countries where the diesel/petrol prices have not been casualty to hyper inflation. This can and will likely change in the next few years. The path for diesel hearts is very bleak and unclear, and we need lean off this high reliance on cheaper cost of travel. Again cheaper is relative, considering direct import burden not pump price.
While we might be a nation that needs lower cost of transportation for goods, we don't control the supply. Atleast for private car travel, new diesels as an option is looking less and less attractive. It's something that will be painful to adjust to, but Innova Crysta might be the next domino that falls to changing times.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 17:25   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

It would serve Toyota well to keep a bit of suspense on whether the Crysta will come back or not. The Hycross bookings are not cheap - Most dealer bookings are taking Rs. 1 lakh in advance and on-line bookings at Rs. 50K. This is different form the bookings for M&M and Maruti, who take Rs. 11,000 to 21,000 only as advance. The more the uncertainty on Crysta and the longer they suspend Crysta bookings, the more the bookings for Hycross that Toyota will generate.

So if they garner 100,000 bookings, which is not unrealistic, given even the ScorpioN has got over 1 lakh bookings just in 1 hour, we are speaking of Rs. 500 Crore in the bank right away. This will help the cashflow to invest in the plant and equipment.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 18:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
It would serve Toyota well to keep a bit of suspense on whether the Crysta will come back or not. The Hycross bookings are not cheap - Most dealer bookings are taking Rs. 1 lakh in advance and on-line bookings at Rs. 50K. This is different form the bookings for M&M and Maruti, who take Rs. 11,000 to 21,000 only as advance. The more the uncertainty on Crysta and the longer they suspend Crysta bookings, the more the bookings for Hycross that Toyota will generate.

So if they garner 100,000 bookings, which is not unrealistic, given even the ScorpioN has got over 1 lakh bookings just in 1 hour, we are speaking of Rs. 500 Crore in the bank right away. This will help the cashflow to invest in the plant and equipment.
Interesting perspective! 100k booking for Hycross seems too much especially with higher booking amount.

There are desperate customers who booked twice or thrice for M&M, but eventually some will result in cancellation. Toyota by keeping the booking amount high, will reduce the duplicate booking by a customer and will get more serious customers. Also dealers charging 1 lac for booking will result in more accurate numbers for Hycross demand.

Wish the prices are revealed in Dec (mid).

Do we know when media reviews for Hycross will come out? I am checking out Indonesian Zenix videos daily. All Hycross videos are from the launch event.

Any idea about non hybrid variant mileage?

Last edited by jthomas : 29th November 2022 at 18:50.
Old 29th November 2022, 18:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The Hycross bookings are not cheap - Most dealer bookings are taking Rs. 1 lakh in advance and on-line bookings at Rs. 50K.
For large toyota vehicles 1L seems to be the norm at the dealership. I paid 1L for crysta booking in 2016 and the same for hilux booking early this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks