a)  yes 29 26.85%
b)  no 76 70.37%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2004, 21:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ June 02 2004,19:24)]P.S: S350, This time i didn't, I REPEAT, i DIDNOT choose the first option. it was the 4th option for me.
oops make that 3rd.
Old 11th June 2004, 14:51   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ April 22 2004,02:31)]look man ..i dont even know why we even have this poll ! how many other indians have had there own stalls at geneva motor shows and has worked with one off the legendry british car companies aston martin!
look man just give him a break he will come up with good.. all he needs is time. and hes not afarid to experiment that makes him great. and man if have the ability to graduate from pasadena college of design u can even make a fait uno look like a lotus elise..!!!!!!1
I am with Vishnugnair.

I have seen DC designs first hand. He has done some stuff for my neighbour. Well it may not be the best design, but then I have yet to see any one else in India come close to doing what he does.

Just my 2 paise worth of opinion.

Meeli
Old 11th June 2004, 17:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

hi
i think tat strech jobs that dc does is good , the s class especially ,and the dc go which is on the 1st page of his website is a good looker and once i had seen a dc done wagon r in vashi and it looked really good...but his octane bikes really look bad.
...cheerio
Old 12th June 2004, 07:46   #34
Max
BHPian

DC is great designer regardless of some of you guys think anything about him. He do good job of modifying / re styling / re inventing vehicles and he is best in that. I have personally seen his modified lancer and it was amazingly modified with great looks. I also seen D.C. kit modified Indica and let me tell you, indica looked very nice in D.C. kit and appeared different from other indicas. Overall he has good sense of humor on how to modify cars.
Old 12th June 2004, 09:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

man didnt read this topic from a long time!
but as i dont want to start another big fight , here are my two cents!:

that e class was a design demo for bmw, he wanted to show the bmw what he could do, that car has gone and come back from the bmw headquarters!

ps: not too many posts from the time i left this topic!

Old 12th June 2004, 12:30   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (MadMax @ June 01 2004,20:22)]but one thing i really liked was bonito's design for the CBZ.
Yup...I'm with you on htis one. The bike he displayed at the Auto Expo 2-3 years ago was great. I think it was called the "Single", and it had 17" rims of an old Suzuki, plus a monoshock rear suspension.

Another DC design I like was the first Sierra he did, the "Karma". That was a good looking vehicle. He really made his name from that i think.

rtech
Old 19th June 2004, 20:28   #37
RJK
Senior - BHPian

saw a DC designed(or whatever ) esteem yesterday in ghatkopar area...more of kit stuff..as usual it was hopeless..
Old 20th June 2004, 00:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Max @ June 12 2004,06:16)]DC is great designer regardless of some of you guys think anything about him. *He do good job of modifying / re styling / re inventing vehicles and he is best in that. *I have personally seen his modified lancer and it was amazingly modified with great looks. *I also seen D.C. kit modified Indica and let me tell you, indica looked very nice in D.C. kit and appeared different from other indicas. *Overall he has good sense of humor on how to modify cars.
just see wat DC has done to the palio through his pro kit.
the rear bumper is like $#@$%.seems like that particular prokit was sponsored by the palio rivals in the market to make it look more ugly.
all of DC's designs are always inspired",and nothing is original
there are just 2 words * ".
there are only 2 words for DC "DC sucks"

Old 26th September 2005, 09:09   #39
BHPian

hey i think this guy is just a rip off makin money with others designs the s class mod is ripped from the dodge with some minor changes to lights etc . i could do much better i have my sketches but the vita "M" factor is the case of concern i guess thats with most of us !
i think DC needs to get original!
Old 26th September 2005, 11:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

He is just popular coz there is no one else in this line till now. As soon as someone get to it. He will fall down like anything.

Last edited by Stratos : 26th September 2005 at 17:33.
Old 26th September 2005, 19:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

I really don't like his designs even one bit and as abhibh said he is popular bucause there is no one else competing with him.
Old 26th September 2005, 20:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Design choices are extremely subjective I reckon...Some of his designs are awesome at the same time some dont look all that appealing...End of day he has more satisfied customers...he wins it there...
Originality, I would rate him just 5 out of 10. Build Quality, its gonna be 7 for DC easily...I personally like the quality of his products. My complaint would be simply that, he is at times too gawdy and over flamboyant...I really wanna see him doing executive class sedans and not just funky pepsi carts and eyecatchers...But I really give him 10/10 for his Aston martin vanquish...man its unbelievable!!! Amazing eye to details...Good going DC...
Old 21st August 2006, 00:09   #43

DC is decent enough

C'mon, if you could afford it, wouldn't you get yours DC'd too?

I think he does a good enough job. Doing what his customers want is what he does best.

You wouldn't want the same Lancer I have, apart from internal tweaks, wouldn't you want your baby to be an eye turner? And what more can you want, if you get your junk box converted into your dream baby?

Think before you criticise... he didn't get there, where he is, just out of mere luck.
Old 22nd December 2006, 00:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

DC Designs Mercedes E Class

Quite old. Couldn't find the appropriate thread so assumed it didn't exist. This is the Mercedes E Class DC had modified. Why would anyone do such a modification to a already good looking car?!

Note form Moderator: This topic has already been discussed. Threads merged.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd December 2006 at 11:34.
Old 22nd December 2006, 00:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

wow...what a disaster....seen this long back...is dc really a car designer..?? or was he a toaster designer who suddenly got into designing cars...ill rate this car -25 out of 10...so mercedes benz if your looking for somebody to thrash..iam sure you know where to go...

Most Viewed