Team-BHP - car designer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   car designer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2597-car-designer.html)

i hate DC.he is a copy cat.
big fan of italdesign,fioravanti and stola

Won't go as far as to call him a copy cat. All designers are influenced by something they see usually. Further, although I really don't like most of his designs, he does what appeals to his customers, whoever they may be! I'm sure he could create a clean, uncluttered design if he wanted (i hope).

However, he is overhyped by the media who make him out to be like the Indian God of designing. The thing is, we use the word design very freely. All he does is work on the body and the interiors. How the car drives and how safe it is after he chops and modifies the chassis is anybody's guess! The day he looks at all aspects of design is the day we can say he has developed into a complete designer. Right now, he is simply a "decorator" i would say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]How the car drives and how safe it is after he chops and modifies the chassis is anybody's guess!

To me, any car that performs well somehow ends up looking good. And thats precisely the reason that I hate Dilip Chabbrias designs. Autoco's like Honda and Mitsubishi spend millions of $$$ designing and fine-tuning their monocoques/chassis'...and then Dilip Chabbria comes along with his scissors and chops them into half, adds a wide-mouthed grille, huge lights, a flashy paintjob...Voila!! You have Indias designer cars that appeal to mostly the automotive dimwitted. I think his work is just too garish and loud to ever appeal to me.

His designs do nothing to the performance, and I totally am with Rtech on that. However, just the fact that he is successful does say a lot about his customers tastes too.

Of the two things I like about DC's products are his interiors - very well detailed and good color co-ordination, and the alloy wheel/tyre combo he chooses. Always the best.

GTO

Well not that he is bad.. but most of cars look like cars that have emerged from some Cartoon book... i used to like his ARYA-Modified Sierra very much...but then... all his new designs are toooo yanky..i totally agree with GTO.. his interiors are really nice.. but i am totally dissappointed with his Noble GO, infact the original M12GTO looks better... dont know how foreign companies were so impressed. And he is like a sensation in India cauz.. he was the only one to modify cars...but now we have many of them...He hasnt done any engineering studies thats y he cant modify the engine!

i hate DC ...... he makes car look more ugly and bulky
i dont know why ppl use DC prokits, its use less & make ur car look funny:D

Power Freak

DC is a qualified designer from some art school in usa. Not sure which one. Thats the american influence in his designs.He earns points for the quality of his work and not for his designs. Fit and finish both exterior and interior is very good. I guess even DC is not bothered abt his not being able to fine tune the performance of cars. He is doing very well for himself without bothering to venture out into mods for the engine and chassis.

Null vote. I haven't seen too many DC designed cars to decide. But I must say that Mr Chhabria has done what no other Indian has dared to do.

It certainly feels good to hear an American colleague walk up to you and ask "Hey buddy, who is this chap, Dilip Chhabria ?"
Of course, all they know about him is what I do - that he prototyped the AMV8 from a Henrik Fisker sketch.

Simple, there is no kind of uniqueness in his designs. Never liked any of his designs. Its just that his designs and name been hyped to make people think he is the best.
Most of his cars are built in coaimbatore. The quality a Company like Honda and others will put out will never be achieved by DC. Most people on this forum can do better designs

Cheers
Dom

Hey guys!i am a new member to this forum but regarding this topic abiut Dc. Lemme tell you all that i have worked for him and i have actually seen him taking pains sitting in the workshop along with the workers finalising the designs n working with it.Overall hye is a graet designer.....

Designing is one thing. Converting those designs into a form is a totally different ball game and that is where DC excels.
It is with that faith in him that AM came to get their prototype done knowing very well it would be displayed under the very watchful eyes of the world press and other automobile experts.

guys guys guys.....
give him a little credit, remeber he started the modifying revolution in india!!!! i doubt whter other good designers like rio would have come up if he werent there, he created a market for modded vehicles
one thing good abt him is the quality i have seen a dc made indica and sierra in hyd, they are of really good quality!
you say his designs arent good, then dont pralad kakkar's modded matiz, the isa and the modded amby look good?
just be coz few of his vehicles dont look good doesnt mean he is a bad designer

look man ..i dont even know why we even have this poll ! how many other indians have had there own stalls at geneva motor shows and has worked with one off the legendry british car companies aston martin!
look man just give him a break he will come up with good.. all he needs is time. and hes not afarid to experiment that makes him great. and man if have the ability to graduate from pasadena college of design u can even make a fait uno look like a lotus elise..!!!!!!1

I hear a lot of ppl talking about the "quality" of DC's creations, but I ask you all to see his products a few months after they have been used. I'm sorry, but they look a mess. The plastic parts look shabby, the paint from the plastic is peeling, there are huge gaps in the panel, I can go on, but you get the idea. Quality is about standing the test of time, not just looking good 2 hours out of the showroom.

hey r tech
the indica which is in hyd . is abt 2 years old, it still looks really good, it also depends how the owner takes care of it .
the sierra is very old, still it hasnt lost its shine, the owner is now sending it back for a new coat of paint