Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2022?
Maruti Alto K10 10 0.44%
Citroen C3 52 2.30%
Maruti Baleno 16 0.71%
Toyota Glanza 6 0.27%
Maruti Brezza 44 1.94%
Tata Tiago EV 275 12.15%
Kia Carens 93 4.11%
Skoda Slavia 142 6.27%
Volkswagen Virtus 207 9.15%
Maruti Grand Vitara 170 7.51%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 299 13.21%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 632 27.93%
Hyundai Tucson 148 6.54%
Jeep Meridian 13 0.57%
Toyota Hilux 20 0.88%
BYD Atto 3 20 0.88%
Audi Q3 2 0.09%
Mini Cooper SE 3 0.13%
Mercedes-Benz C-Class 22 0.97%
Volvo XC40 Recharge 11 0.49%
Kia EV6 78 3.45%
Voters: 2263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 10:53   #136

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N

Why is XUV700 not in the list?
Old 9th December 2022, 11:01   #137
BHPian

I voted for Slavia. The logic is that Slavia (and Virtus) have re-started the sedan culture to some extent. The craze for 'SUV' is reducing the quality of overall car products
Old 9th December 2022, 11:06   #138
BHPian

Voted for Scorpio-N. I absolutely loved how tuned the automatic transmission was with their petrol engine.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:06   #139

I couldn't vote but Eagerly following this year's survey result. One thought: if the survey result is published only after all voting is done, would the result be different.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:06   #140
BHPian

Voted Toyota Hyryder. I feel Toyota Hyryder or Grand vitara should be counted as one, almost 95% same cars and people are choosing based on individual perception of which company provides better after sales. Strong hybrids votes should be seen seperate from mild.

I voted for strong hybrid Hyryder. For a simple reason it solved two big problem for me and other users of Delhi NCR, so it's a game changer for people from Delhi NCR. For those who find themselves not ready for EVs , hybrids is next big thing.

long distance daily drivers within city requires two aspect.1. Cost of ownership 2. Reliable Automatic.

1. Cost of ownership: Upfront cost is high. But this upfront cost is balanced by super fuel efficiency and reliability of Toyota so you can keep cars for long.

2. Reliable Automatic: It's probably the best automatic for city driving as it solves almost all limitations of a city automatic. It's reliable unlike DCT or even CVT. No rubberband effect of CVT. Most fuel efficient Automatic. Higher torque then most Automatic at below 80 speeds where it really matters.
drsachin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 11:08   #141
BHPian

The list is quite long and the segment is extremely wide which makes it a tough choice.

Any car above ~30 - 40 lakhs are leagues apart in terms of capability (e.g. Jeep Meridian, Hyundai Tucson, Audi or Merc). Simply doesn't seem fair to Alto (a 5 lakh car which beats a 20+ lakh hybrid in terms of mileage). So I will focus on ~10-20 lakh bracket.

Citroen C3 turbo was clearly my choice in terms of drivability when it comes to manual. It feels a segment above with beautifully tuned suspension. Sadly without an automatic variant lineup remains incomplete and it show lack of commitment from the Manufacturer to showcase a complete offering. Its like a awesome bakery which makes great vanilla cup cakes and have no other flavors or items to offer.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (strong hybrid) is somewhat jack of all trades and makes it a winner for me.

The Hybrid tech might not be adding ground breaking value to its customers however it does bring change, innovation and competition to the mundane segment. I hope other automobile manufactures will wake up can try to counter this shift and bring better innovation/tech to Indian market.

Last edited by OpenRoads : 9th December 2022 at 11:09.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:19   #142
BHPian

Voted Kia Carens

As others have already written, it has perfectly captured the 7 seater market below Innova.

I like the practicality the car offers - the space, comfort and simplicity.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:19   #143

Toyota HYryder strong hybrid ( assuming vitara is a copy and toyota the tech owners ).. the world needs a product like this- saves fossil fuel usage and gives value to consumer. Tiago ev will probably be my choice but for 2023 since have not seen it yet.
all this big power and boot space reqmt is more for the indulgent car fanatic. most city riders need FE, cover the bumps smoothly, comfortable interiors, plus good service
Old 9th December 2022, 11:19   #144
BHPian

2022 has definitely been an interesting year for cars and the automotive sector in India. We saw legacy success makers like Maruti Suzuki fumble at their game with loss of market share while Tata made headway with clever marketing and solid products. Tata's bravery in bringing out and embracing electric early on is commendable.

The launch of hybrids and their positioning as probable alternative to diesel powertrain has been the highlight of 2022. While Honda jumped in first with the city eHEV, it was Toyota/MSIL alliance which brought out the Hyryder/Vitara with a lot of promise. What remains to be seen is how the market will respond to the hybrids.

While Honda city is the first car to be hybrid, it is overpriced. For the reason of trying to democratise a new technology, Toyota Hyryder deserves praise.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:20   #145
BHPian

Would have preferred the City Hybrid, but in its absence, voted for Hyryder. The hybrid tech is what India needs right now. City brings ADAS which is icing on the cake.
a.bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 11:22   #146
BHPian

I voted for the VW virtus, because that along with the Slavia seemed to have revived sedans in this segment. Here's hoping more brands follow suit!
Old 9th December 2022, 11:26   #147
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Voted: Scorpio N
Absolutely brilliant product with wide range of variants and powertrain options that can give a tough time for buyers of a Creta to a Fotruner. Hasn’t watered down on it’s legacy at all.

Significant others:

Hyryder/Grand Vitara - Excellent move offering strong hybrids. This trend is going mass market for sure. Unfortunately the Grand Vitara turned into a weakling and the hybrid marketing provided the escape velocity to Maruti to penetrate the 15Lac-o-sphere.

Tiago EV: Excellent move into the lower segments of the market.

Citroen C3: Something to be said about French cars striking a good balance between comfort and handling for our roads. Also the 110 PS powertrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Will Mahindra score the first hatrick in the history of Team-BHP awards? Very likely!
Its going to be the 5 door Thar next year. I so wish they bring back the Armada name.

Last edited by Tgo : 9th December 2022 at 11:33.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:28   #148
BHPian

Voted for Tucson. Makes lots of sense in that segment where default choice is the BoF mammoths whereas a large majority don't have the off-roading use case, rather an exception handling car where the exception is bad roads. Combined with good boot space, modern interiors and decent engine, it is a winner in comparison to rivals like C5.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:28   #149
BHPian

I considered buying Slavia/Virtus earlier this year and I think those are excellent cars. It is unfair to list them separately for the vote - they should have been clubbed together as one option, along with Toyota Hyryder & Grand Vitara as another single option. There are differences, but they are basically the same car. By splitting them as separate entities, the poll is skewed against them.

But it is Slavia/Virtus that I would vote for - excellent sedans: Well designed, well built, good features, excellent driving dynamics.

Since I test drove only Slavia (1.0 & 1.5) and I am forced to choose between Salvia & Virtus, my vote goes to Slavia.

I ended up buying the Tata Safari, by the way.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:29   #150
BHPian

Voted for the Tata EV. It opened the EV segment at an attractive price point to a slew of potential buyers.
I almost voted for the Slavia because it genuinely is a great car at a great price point and has provided a feasible alternative to the City.
Also considered : Toyota Hyryder / Suzuki Grand Vitara.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks