Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2022?
Maruti Alto K10 10 0.44%
Citroen C3 52 2.30%
Maruti Baleno 16 0.71%
Toyota Glanza 6 0.27%
Maruti Brezza 44 1.94%
Tata Tiago EV 275 12.15%
Kia Carens 93 4.11%
Skoda Slavia 142 6.27%
Volkswagen Virtus 207 9.15%
Maruti Grand Vitara 170 7.51%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 299 13.21%
Mahindra Scorpio-N 632 27.93%
Hyundai Tucson 148 6.54%
Jeep Meridian 13 0.57%
Toyota Hilux 20 0.88%
BYD Atto 3 20 0.88%
Audi Q3 2 0.09%
Mini Cooper SE 3 0.13%
Mercedes-Benz C-Class 22 0.97%
Volvo XC40 Recharge 11 0.49%
Kia EV6 78 3.45%
Voters: 2263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 12:43   #166
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2022 | EDIT: It's the Scorpio-N

My choice focuses on safety, decent driving experience,comfort and not on any future prospects or past history, no car is perfect, so the choice is Signature Hyundai Tucson D with ADAS.

This one delivers among the list provided, though I am suspicious of any one wanting to push diesels in 2022.

Hybrids are improving and wish Honda city hybrid was on the list!

Happy New Year!!

========
We have no such inclination, and will only focus on the best, most important new car of 2022.[/list]Looking forward to your votes, and also the reasoning behind your choice.
Old 9th December 2022, 12:49   #167
BHPian

Voted for Kia Carens.
Found Carens to be very practical, VFM and having best space in the 3rd row and in the boot.

2nd would be Skoda Slavia for me. It has definitely brought some fresh air in the slowly dying sedan segment. If it wasn't for a 7 seater requirement for me, I would have definitely got home a Red Slavia.

3rd would be the Kia EV6. It is the most good looking car among the ones listed here for me.
Old 9th December 2022, 13:08   #168
BHPian

Voted for the Tiago EV

I think this was the most crucial launch for 2022. An affordable EV has been the greatest demand from most car buyers and Tata finally delivered on the same with a shocking starting price. Tiago EV is the perfect example for an ideal city car one can buy without worrying about the atrocious fuel prices burning a hole in the pocket. We have pretty much reached a stage where buying a car is a much more affordable and easier affair compared to actually owning and using one and hence I believe Tiago EV definitely has the capability to provide a more safer and comfortable commute option to a lot of 2-wheeler users as well.

While I did vote for the XUV 700 last year, I do not think the Scorpio N is that big of a shocker launch, and personally between the 2, I would pick the XUV 700 for its more car like manners while still having the ability to tackle a bit of off-road as well.
Old 9th December 2022, 13:08   #169
BHPian

My vote is for Kia Carens. I can see it will be in a losing cause, but that's fine. Kias doing great by giving a VFM in the MPV segment. That the interiors are much different than Seltos, against Alcazar sharing so much with Creta, made a no-brainer for me in the choice.
Old 9th December 2022, 13:18   #170
BANNED

My choice will be Mahindra Scorpio-N, I always liked the older version and now with modern tech and safety features it's more VFM.
Old 9th December 2022, 13:19   #171
SDx
BHPian

Voted for Scorpio N! Beautiful car at great pricing.

My first choice would have been hybrid version of Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder if they had managed the internal space and boot wisely. No car is perfect but this was a deal breaker for me.
Space might have turned out better if they had used their TGNA platform rather than Maruti Suzuki's or modified it for hybrid.
Old 9th December 2022, 13:22   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Wish there was the option of NOTA (None Of The Above).
I do not need Car any more. Living in India, just me and my spouse, we travel mostly by Metro locally. Upto a distance of 3 km, we walk. Driving in Delhi is a pain - no more a pleasure. We spend quite a few months with daughters in US.
For rare times we engage Uber. No need to own a Car, keep paying for Insurance, PUC and unnecessary servicing besides crank it regularly every week or so and eventually turn it over to scrap after 15 years.
I have seen this sort near my home, a family who detested cars or any kind of personal transportation saying that Uber and Ola will do it all, along with Metro and Bus etc. Pandemic has taught them a lesson - they had to beg people to get things for them or even take them to hospital etc.

Now I see a scooter and a car in their parking
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:27   #173

I can't vote right now. But I would have voted for Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder.

It's simply brilliant with strong hybrid tech, Ground clearance, features, decently powerful engine.

A perfect overall package with 20+ mileage is the icing on the cake in the current times where fuel price is near Rs. 100 a litre.
sidg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:43   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Wish there was the option of NOTA (None Of The Above).
I do not need Car any more. Living in India, just me and my spouse, we travel mostly by Metro locally. Upto a distance of 3 km, we walk. Driving in Delhi is a pain - no more a pleasure. We spend quite a few months with daughters in US.
For rare times we engage Uber. No need to own a Car, keep paying for Insurance, PUC and unnecessary servicing besides crank it regularly every week or so and eventually turn it over to scrap after 15 years.
Dear Sir, I agree with the inclusion for NOTA option however the reason for selecting it seems a bit off.

A car is definitely not a mandatory necessity but the poll is not about personal needs. It your opinion based on you experience/knowledge about cars to assess which one you think is best or not.

There are places in Kolkata where I would avoid taking my car due to factors like traffic or zero parking facility leveraged by corrupt cops etc. But that doesn't mean I don't know which car is good just because I am taking a public/private transport.
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:55   #175

A general question: Are members who have recently joined the forum allowed to vote? I got my membership approval on November 30.
On the polling page, it says "You may not vote on this pole". Is this perhaps because I am still a newbie?
Old 9th December 2022, 13:58   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Now I see a scooter and a car in their parking
It is not that I detest Cars. I have been an Off roading enthusiast in my young days in Dubai (My Automotive Life in Dubai is a thread in this forum).
I drive a lot in USA and Canada while I am there.
Yes, as noticed by you, I do have a Pulsar 180 for urgent travelling. And since you cannot hang a small bag on Motorcycle, I have my trusted 1983 Model Chetak for carrying goods.
Old 9th December 2022, 14:12   #177
BHPian

Dear mods, please do include the hybrid Honda city! It won't win, but it deserves a few votes.
If it does win, maybe Honda wakes up in astonishment and does a better job of existing in India!

My vote goes to the Tiago EV. I have the Tiago petrol and boy that's a proper car indeed! The Tiago EV will definitely be my upgrade in a year or two, once they sort out the traditional new car niggles.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:15   #178
BHPian

Voted for hyryder.

Reason is this car signifies a very important event for automobile industry in India that is shifting from diesels to hybrids.

First time, the whole of India is experiencing the hybrid tech (I know there’s been earlier cars with hybrid tech as well) but the kind of awareness this car has brought is phenomenal.

Wanted to vote for Scorpio N but the numbers of issues cropping up is no more excusable by Indian brands. Top dollars need top quality.
SShandilya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:34   #179
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Voted for Scorpio N. Mahindra has taken a cult offering and made it even better. Everything about this vehicle screams success. Mahindra has been going about its business in an organised and efficient way barring the booking and delivery process
Old 9th December 2022, 14:45   #180
Kln
BHPian

Mahindra winning TBHP COTY 3 years in a row would say a lot! Good job Mahindra. Now please refresh your flagships faster.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks